Oxford University Interview Questions & Reviews in United Kingdom

2.9

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

MSC In Computer Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Oxford University in January 2009.

it was a 75 minute interview based on three mathematical questions.

Interview Questions
    • how many words can you make from the letters of COMMITTEE?   Answer Question

History Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Oxford University in January 2008.

I had two one on one interviews with faculty at the college, neither of which were intimidating. The professors asked a few standard questions - why Oriel, why history. They asked me to analyse a postcard of a suffregette walking through a hostile crowd, something for which I was not prepared. Perhaps brushing up on basic source analysis beforehand would be helpful/

Wed and Database Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England (UK)

The process took a day - interviewed at Oxford University in June 2010.

Normal interview questions, the building is a hidden from the main campus and about 3 miles from the city Centre.
    The interview had some strange questions about scripting when you normally do not memorize the scripts that you do a couple of months old.

NOTE: This was the first employer that does not refunded the travel expenses, I had been in much more important interviews and I had my travel, hotel and even personal expenses reimbursed.

Interview Questions
    • Please write a shell script that you had done in the last months   View Answer

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Oxford University in November 2008.

You send a CV and Cover Letter, they call you back and invite to arrive to Oxford for the interview.

Interview Questions
    • They give you a scientific paper to read and ask question about the date published.   Answer Question

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Oxford University in November 2010.

Phone interview, online test, 1 to 1 interview, Skills based test testing your foreign language skills.

Interview Questions
    • Translation of passages in French and German into English   Answer Question
    No room for negotiation as it was a contract position.

Part-time Clerical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England (UK)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Oxford University in March 2013.

Had worked for the University before, so I was not overly worried. I applied for the post through the University's website. I was shortlisted and invited to interview at the Medical Teaching Centre on South Parks Road. It was an interview panel with 3 people, two of whom were academics. I felt they were most unfriendly in their attitude; did not put me at ease at all. At one point I was asked a question but one of the interviewers kept interrupting me as I tried to answer. I felt literally bullied. The department did not even have the courtesy to tell me that I had been unsuccessful.

Interview Questions
    • How would you persuade me to provide you with the examination questions that you need to print?   Answer Question

Personal Assistant Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Oxford University.

Received invitation to interview within 2 weeks of submitting my application through the online university system. There was more than enough time to study up on the department and the expected interview questions. The staff were very professional, polite, and friendly when I arrived for the interview. I met with the primary administrative person I would be reporting to as well as 2 of the 4 Professors I would be supporting in the PA position. all the questions were standard - why do you want the job, what do you think will be the most challenging aspect of this position, what would friends say are your strengths and weaknesses, who does your CV demonstrate your fit to this position, do you have experience updating webpages, do you have experience with Microsoft Office (particularly word and excel), etc.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell us about a time when you had to involve a supervisor in order to complete an important task.   View Answer

DPhil Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Oxford University in March 2013.

I had one skype interview after I submitted two or three references, transcript, CV, one letter about me and completed one form. The first interesting thing is that they do not require master, it suffices bachelor. The interview was quite informal, they do not ask math questions, but rather which subjects I attended and what I did in bachelor thesis. They was impressed by amount of subjects I did.

Interview Questions
    • How do I plan gain money, because in March they do not have any money for me. All grants are in January.   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oxford University in February 2014.

One Skype interview from the United States. I was interviewed by a panel of six people that wanted to validate who I was and my ability to perform unique and creative research. I received a phone call a few days later informing me I had got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Improving the current standard for research in Classics.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oxford University in April 2010.

A very fast process (~1month) as I had gone directly through the research group leader. There were no problems with processing any paper work and the grant from my funding body came into effect the day I started.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what I wanted to do after my postdoc   View Answer

Worked for Oxford University? Contribute to the Community!