Oxford University Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Jun 13, 2015

PhD Student Interview

Interview

Had to network to get in touch with my doctoral supervisor. Didn't really have to go through a formal application procedure. Was asked a few questions related to my work during the masters and bachelors program, and related to research area I'd work in.

Undergraduate Interview

Interview

writing test 2h, skype inteview, questions in pdf 4 questions

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Interview

I am a British Academy postdoc, which does not have an interview procedure. It is a two-step process of writing an application and providing a writing sample, on the basis of which a panel decides to give the award. Prior to applying, one must seek support of the prospective employer (Oxford)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I could negotiate salary to be on the same grade, but higher scale point (made a difference of over £1000) based on my earlier experience. Negotiate!

MSC Student Interview

Interview

Interviewed.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Oxford University.

Interview

Submission via UCAS website. It is necessary also to do complete some tests for the application. I was contacted for interviews with tutors at the college over Skype in December. I received my offer by the end of December that year.

Interview Questions

• Some brainteaser and math questions. Besides that general questions meant to test how you respond on the spot.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oxford University.

Interview

Offered job internally. One interview with group leader.

Interview Questions

Salary on offer wasn't great. Chose industry instead.

Business Development Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Oxford University (Oxford, England (UK)) in March 2012.

Interview

I applied online and then a few days later was invited to an interview requesting that I prepare a presentation. This also included an in-tray test where I had to arrange an interview schedule. This was a panel interview of two business development managers and an HR manager. I was not very impressed that even though I had requested wheelchair access that the room was upstairs using a condemned stairlift. Now I work there this has been removed and replaced with a proper platform lift.

Interview Questions

• How would you persuade a high level participant to pay?
      Have you ever done credit control?

Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oxford University (Oxford, England (UK)) in April 2010.

Interview

A very fast process (~1month) as I had gone directly through the research group leader. There were no problems with processing any paper work and the grant from my funding body came into effect the day I started.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what I wanted to do after my postdoc   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oxford University (Oxford, England (UK)) in March 2011.

Interview

Very thorough and fair. Great questions and a nice conversation overall. Extremely conversational and relaxed. Interview process was quick and efficient. I really enjoyed the whole process and was grateful for the feedback during the process, especially from HR.

Interview Questions

• Generic about how you'd add to the department and such.   Answer Question

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oxford University (Oxford, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

Used website and contacted via e-mail, panel interview with test, waited over a week and then I had to contact them to find out results. Was not given much feedback.