Oxygen Media Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2015

2.8

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oxygen Media (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

Not too bad, only two rounds of interviews. First was a phone call with HR to make sure you have the skill set. Second was with the actual director. The interview was informative.

Interview Questions

• What past jobs have you had that help enhance you for this position.   Answer Question

Programming Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

interviewed at Oxygen Media (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

I had two interviews. The first was with a talent recruiter in the offices at 30 Rock. A week later I was called in to meet with a top person at the Oxygen offices in Chelsea. Everyone was extremely friendly. I got the sense that, above all else, they respond to HONEST candidates. Not surprisingly, many interview for positions at NBC with the hopes of really doing something else (i.e. acting) and they can tell quickly if you're wasting their time.

Interview Questions

• Very easy questions but they expect creative answers. There's no right or wrong answer when you're asked about current trends/topics that interest you. You need to have an opinion and be able to back it up.   Answer Question

Writer/Producer/Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oxygen Media (New York, NY) in February 2009.

Interview

It was unfortunate that I only got the chance to speak to someone on the phone who was in California even though I was interviewing for a position in NYC. It would have been nice to at least get to meet someone in person.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect to get out of this job career wise?   1 Answer

Executive Producer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oxygen Media.

Interview

The overall process was fine. But the interviewer was a bit too personal with her opinions about the network and how she landed in her current position.

Interview Questions

• What was unexpected was how little investigating she did about my skill set.   Answer Question

Web Designer Interview

Interview

This was mainly done through email for me, but I had interned there originally. The interning process was really straight forward and they just looked at my portfolio and liked what they saw. After my internship was done, they asked me if I was interested in working there sometime in the future and I had accepted post-grad.

Interview Questions

• None really on my personal experience..but I overheard things from the HR department (our department was right next to HR) asking questions like if others would submit to drug tests or what goals they have, what their hardest obstacles were and how they overcame it, etc.   Answer Question