Ozburn-Hessey Logistics

Updated Dec 4, 2014
Updated Dec 4, 2014

2.8

Leader In Training Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ozburn-Hessey Logistics.

I was initially interviewed on campus following a career fair. They then invited me to a 2 day interview on site at their HQ in Nashville, TN. It was only their 2nd year to have this type of position so the schedule was a bit chaotic. It was quite a long day and there were 3-30 minute formal interviews in the afternoon, each with 2 executives. I found most of the interviewers to be very friendly and was asked the typical behavioral interview questions. One thing I saw as a negative was the way they pitched the program, along with the name, hinted that it was something like what you would find for a co-op. On the other hand, they interviewed you like you were coming into be an executive.

Interview Questions
    • What has been your biggest failure? Who would you define as the most influential leader? What type of leadership skills are most important?   Answer Question

Leader Training Program Interview

This is the first job I landed out of college. My interview process consisted of a few minute chat at the job fair followed by an on-campus interview the following day. The on-campus interviewer was very up-front and said that he possessed very little power in the process. The on-site interview was entirely behavior-based. Just come with good questions to ask your interviewers at the conclusion.

Area Supervisor Interview

The interview was pretty simple. The asked general interview questions about past work experience and dealing with ambiguity. Be prepared to spend about 20 minutes interviewing. They have a HR rep who was located at another facility. she however did not do any interview. I interviewed with 2 people.

Interview Questions
    • There really werent any difficult or unexpected questions. Just have to go in there and sell yourself.   Answer Question
    didnt negotiate

Director Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ozburn-Hessey Logistics.

Standard interview. Met with 5 different VPs. They spent most of the time telling me about the position and the customer. It was really about determining if I would be a good fit culturally.

Interview Questions
    Standard. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Forklift Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ozburn-Hessey Logistics.

it was a drug screening skills test for the forklift also an written and multiple choice questionnaire.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ozburn-Hessey Logistics in May 2014.

The interview was short and to the point. Asked about daily routines, conflict management, experience with temp agencies.

Interview Questions
    • What is the weakness you are looking to improve upon.   View Answer

Transportation Coordinator Interview

Applied through University

Forklift Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

When I was hire at Ozburn-Hessey Logistics, the process was much very simple. I started as a temporary employee and became permanent in six months. I was very eager to start. There was a basic skills test that I had to pass. After being pre-screened, the interview was less than an hour. there was a drug test, an application to be filed out. I was hired the same day.

Interview Questions
    • The unexpected question was, when can you start?   View Answer

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ozburn-Hessey Logistics in September 2012.

Well first off I applied for the job posted 5 weeks before I finally got a phone call from them. So they call and ask me to come in for a "group interview".....2 & 1/2 weeks away! There was about 15-20 other applicants at the group interview....they proceeded to tell us about what they did and then they drop the bomb that is is only for a temporary seasonal position! I referred back to the job posting to see if I overlooked such a critical detail and I didn't! That was just their scam to lure people in. They kept us all there for over an hour...what a waste of time.

Interview Questions
    • This is only for a temporary seasonal position.....is that ok?   Answer Question

Because I want something permanent.

Operator1 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Vergne, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Vergne, TN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ozburn-Hessey Logistics in August 2012.

Interviewer internal manager with prior military service looking to fulfill position for up coming seasonal shipping. Give him my back ground experience in transportation. Also explain that I'm a parent and my wife work on the week ends, and can't leave my child hem alone he is under age.