Ozburn-Hessey Logistics Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 5, 2014
14 interviews

2.9

Area Supervisor Interview

The interview was pretty simple. The asked general interview questions about past work experience and dealing with ambiguity. Be prepared to spend about 20 minutes interviewing. They have a HR rep who was located at another facility. she however did not do any interview. I interviewed with 2 people.

Interview Questions
    • There really werent any difficult or unexpected questions. Just have to go in there and sell yourself.   Answer Question
    didnt negotiate

Director Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ozburn-Hessey Logistics.

Standard interview. Met with 5 different VPs. They spent most of the time telling me about the position and the customer. It was really about determining if I would be a good fit culturally.

Interview Questions
    Standard. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ozburn-Hessey Logistics in May 2014.

The interview was short and to the point. Asked about daily routines, conflict management, experience with temp agencies.

Interview Questions
    • What is the weakness you are looking to improve upon.   View Answer

Forklift Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Ozburn-Hessey Logistics.

it was a drug screening skills test for the forklift also an written and multiple choice questionnaire.

Transportation Coordinator Interview

Applied through University

Director of Business Development Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ozburn-Hessey Logistics in January 2012.

very lax interview

took the first offer and couldv'e got 130k per year like my counterparts

Forklift Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

When I was hire at Ozburn-Hessey Logistics, the process was much very simple. I started as a temporary employee and became permanent in six months. I was very eager to start. There was a basic skills test that I had to pass. After being pre-screened, the interview was less than an hour. there was a drug test, an application to be filed out. I was hired the same day.

Interview Questions
    • The unexpected question was, when can you start?   View Answer

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Gainesville, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Ozburn-Hessey Logistics in September 2012.

Well first off I applied for the job posted 5 weeks before I finally got a phone call from them. So they call and ask me to come in for a "group interview".....2 & 1/2 weeks away! There was about 15-20 other applicants at the group interview....they proceeded to tell us about what they did and then they drop the bomb that is is only for a temporary seasonal position! I referred back to the job posting to see if I overlooked such a critical detail and I didn't! That was just their scam to lure people in. They kept us all there for over an hour...what a waste of time.

Interview Questions
    • This is only for a temporary seasonal position.....is that ok?   Answer Question

Because I want something permanent.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Brentwood, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ozburn-Hessey Logistics in January 2012.

Bottom line: if you have experience, just forget it. Thanks to Linkedin I found out they hire interns...

I got a call that I had an interview with HR, I went into their office and had a 20 minute interview and was informed that they will be intouch, after a few days I got a call back to interview with the department manager. The interview lasted about an hour, I gained a lot of knowledge about the company and what they were looking for.The next day, I emailed a thank you letter which I got a response stating that he was very impressed. That same day I got the call to come in and interview with the team. I went to their office and interviewed and one of the girls interviewing me asked me how many times I had interviewed so far and I informed her this was my fourth. She then proceeded to inform me that she got hired based on a phone interview, that she just graduated and got the job the same day, and during her orientation a lot of people admitted that they had interview up to 6 times!!! Well needless to say I ended up not getting the position. Thanks to modern technology I wanted to find out what the other person who got hired had that I didn't have.... oh, they were recent college graduates with no experience relating to the position. I say save your two and half weeks and apply elsewhere, unless you are a college graduate.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Smyrna, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, TN

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ozburn-Hessey Logistics in November 2011.

I applied for the position online thru Careerbuilder which directed to the company site. From that point, I received an email requesting an interview. I followed up with a short phone conversation and was invited to the terminal for a formal interview. The process was expected to take 2 or 3 visits.

Interview Questions

I waited for the onsite interview as scheduled. I was greeted by a supervisor that let me know management "forgot" about me. I waited 45 minutes and was visited by another employee that apologized and confirmed the interview would occur shortly. I waited an additional hour and just left.

Worked for Ozburn-Hessey Logistics? Contribute to the Community!