Ozburn-Hessey Logistics

Relevance Date Difficulty

Shift Supervisor Interview

Shift Supervisor
Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ozburn-Hessey Logistics in May 2014.

Interview Details – The interview was short and to the point. Asked about daily routines, conflict management, experience with temp agencies.

Interview Question – What is the weakness you are looking to improve upon.   View Answer

Forklift Driver Interview

Forklift Driver
Fort Worth, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ozburn-Hessey Logistics.

Interview Details – it was a drug screening skills test for the forklift also an written and multiple choice questionnaire.

Transportation Coordinator Interview

Transportation Coordinator

Interviewed at Ozburn-Hessey Logistics

Interview Details – Applied through University

Interview Question – What accomplishment are you most proud of and why?   Answer Question

Director of Business Development Interview

Director of Business Development

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ozburn-Hessey Logistics in January 2012.

Interview Details – very lax interview

Negotiation Details – took the first offer and couldv'e got 130k per year like my counterparts

Forklift Operator Interview

Forklift Operator
Memphis, TN

Interview Details – When I was hire at Ozburn-Hessey Logistics, the process was much very simple. I started as a temporary employee and became permanent in six months. I was very eager to start. There was a basic skills test that I had to pass. After being pre-screened, the interview was less than an hour. there was a drug test, an application to be filed out. I was hired the same day.

Interview Question – The unexpected question was, when can you start?   View Answer

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Logistics Coordinator
Gainesville, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ozburn-Hessey Logistics in September 2012.

Interview Details – Well first off I applied for the job posted 5 weeks before I finally got a phone call from them. So they call and ask me to come in for a "group interview".....2 & 1/2 weeks away! There was about 15-20 other applicants at the group interview....they proceeded to tell us about what they did and then they drop the bomb that is is only for a temporary seasonal position! I referred back to the job posting to see if I overlooked such a critical detail and I didn't! That was just their scam to lure people in. They kept us all there for over an hour...what a waste of time.

Interview Question – This is only for a temporary seasonal position.....is that ok?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Because I want something permanent.

Operations Interview

Operations
Brentwood, TN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ozburn-Hessey Logistics in January 2012.

Interview Details – Bottom line: if you have experience, just forget it. Thanks to Linkedin I found out they hire interns...

I got a call that I had an interview with HR, I went into their office and had a 20 minute interview and was informed that they will be intouch, after a few days I got a call back to interview with the department manager. The interview lasted about an hour, I gained a lot of knowledge about the company and what they were looking for.The next day, I emailed a thank you letter which I got a response stating that he was very impressed. That same day I got the call to come in and interview with the team. I went to their office and interviewed and one of the girls interviewing me asked me how many times I had interviewed so far and I informed her this was my fourth. She then proceeded to inform me that she got hired based on a phone interview, that she just graduated and got the job the same day, and during her orientation a lot of people admitted that they had interview up to 6 times!!! Well needless to say I ended up not getting the position. Thanks to modern technology I wanted to find out what the other person who got hired had that I didn't have.... oh, they were recent college graduates with no experience relating to the position. I say save your two and half weeks and apply elsewhere, unless you are a college graduate.

Interview Question – Are you a risk taker?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager
Smyrna, TN

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ozburn-Hessey Logistics in November 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for the position online thru Careerbuilder which directed to the company site. From that point, I received an email requesting an interview. I followed up with a short phone conversation and was invited to the terminal for a formal interview. The process was expected to take 2 or 3 visits.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – I waited for the onsite interview as scheduled. I was greeted by a supervisor that let me know management "forgot" about me. I waited 45 minutes and was visited by another employee that apologized and confirmed the interview would occur shortly. I waited an additional hour and just left.

IT Interview

IT
Brentwood, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ozburn-Hessey Logistics in August 2010.

Interview Details – My future manager did not have a copy of my resume so he could not refer to it during the interview. The group interview was uncomfortable. No one had a copy of my resume so it seemed like no one was interested in my accomplishments. The questions asked were fair for the most part although a couple of them hinted at something going on at the company or within the group itself which concerned me.

Interview Questions

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Business Systems Analyst
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Ozburn-Hessey Logistics in June 2010.

Interview Details – I sent them my resume through their website, and again through an online job posting site. They emailed me to let me know that they were interested, would like to interview, and asked for a date and time. I replied, my future manager contacted me and confirmed a time. On the date of the appointment, I went to the office and was met by the my future manager. Was taken to her office, where we proceeded to discuss my past education and work, and the position available. When that 45 min interview was completed, I was introduced to another person for another one-on-one meeting. Discussion was upon my background, and lasted about 30 mins.

Interview Question – Considering all the other applicants, why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I would advise applicants to relax, be themselves, and be prepared to discuss projects in their background where they made a difference.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Ozburn-Hessey Logistics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ozburn-Hessey Logistics interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ozburn-Hessey Logistics employees and interview candidates.