P.C. Richard & Son Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2015

2.1

Appliance Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at P.C. Richard & Son.

Interview

It is a very easy interview. They ask if you can handle the hours and want the job. If you say yes it yours. Once uou get to the training center they have you fill out the app then you speak to vernon. He is a re you.ally great guy, the trainer for nj, who will interview you. There is no way you will not get the job

P C Richard Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmingdale, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at P.C. Richard & Son (Farmingdale, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Submitted application online, got a call two days later for an in-person interview at their corporate HQ in Farmingdale. The interview I thought went well, I met with multiple managers and they all seemed to be really receptive to me and my experience. They said they would have to wait on their director to return from vacation before moving on to the next step. Almost a month later and two follow up emails after, I heard nothing from the organization. I moved along with my search for other opportunities. A month later, I received snail mail from their HR department about not being able to be offered employment. Please just send an email, it saves people so much more time and not having to wait for a response is best. Especially when it is a disappointing rejection letter rife with grammar errors. All in all, the interview was pleasant and great, the atmosphere and corporate culture seemed great, but their HR processes and hiring process needs some serious refinement and more deference to the candidates applying and not wasting their time as well as your own.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions about my resume, no formal interview questionnaire, was based off the content of my resume. Things such as projects that I completed at the organizations I was part of and my skills and experiences in software.   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at P.C. Richard & Son (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

It was a simple interview with common questions that you would expect from any job interview. The recruiter was very nice and helpful in explaining the role to me. The entire interview was about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was a fixed hourly wage, I was not able to negotiate.

Office Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at P.C. Richard & Son.

Interview

Easy in person, one on one interview with Human Resource manager. Interviewer asked about knowledge of company (family owned and operated) and previous sales experience. Interviewer also asked about past work experiences and sales experience. I was also given certain scenarios and asked how I would respond. I started training the next week and training took about two weeks.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Pretty simple interview, kind of got a feel for me as a person and told a long story of the founding of the company.

Draw v commission

Sales Counselor Interview

Interview

I filled out an application in the store and received a call from the main headquarters for an interview. I met with their senior sales trainer who greeted me, told me about the hours, weekends, training, etc. Then he asked me a bunch of questions about myself and what my goals were, and why I wanted to work for the company. After I answered his questions, he told me all about the company and the job. He was passionate about the company, enthusiastic, and very thorough. After I met with him, I did a quiz, then met with another trainer who asked similar questions and was equally enthusiastic. A few days later I got the call to be hired and they made me feel great!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Draw vs. commission was standard. No negotiation because they explained to me that I write my own paycheck.

Sales Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmingdale, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at P.C. Richard & Son (Farmingdale, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by phone after applying to the company online. The Training Manager himself scheduled my interview at the corporate HQ in Farmingdale, NY. He gave me travel instructions on how to get there from Brooklyn. The commute wasn't bad, just a bit expensive by public transportation (local train, LIRR and a cab ride). The Corporate HQ is adjacent to the warehouse, which is enormous. The facilities were very clean, the staff was polite and friendly and during the brief wait before my first of two interviews, I had a chance to appreciate the illustrious history of the company, represented by the dozens of framed black and white photos on the walls and the display cases containing historic memorabilia. My first interview was with the Training Manager, a very friendly, upbeat and confidence-inspiring individual. We spent about 30 minutes discussing me, the company, the job of a Sales Counselor and the earning potential that the job and the company offered. I liked what I heard about the company and as a P. C. Richard and Son customer, I knew the company was very successful. The Training Manager explained the compensation package, a $1000 bi-weekly draw (against future earned commissions) plus unlimited monthly commissions (payable after the $2000 monthly draw was repaid) plus incentive bonuses and assorted sales contests sponsored by their vendors (Bose, LG, Samsung, etc). Also health benefits and a 401 (k). The draw has since increased to $2400 a month. The schedule was a 5-day, 50-hour-minimum work week which increased to 6 days and 60 hours during the summer and around the holidays. Working 6 or 7 days a week was always an option for the self-motivated salesman and was recommended for those salesman who found themselves unable to cover their draw in a 5 day workweek. Earning potential was limited only by the salesman's commitment and effort. The pitch was powerful. $50000 a year. $60000 a year. $80000 or even $100000 a year was entirely possible for the exceptional few who maximized this opportunity. I was convinced. The second interview, with trainer, was much shorter but painted an equally optimistic portrait of this opportunity. I didn't need any further convincing at that point. I enthusiastically accepted the job.

Interview Questions

• The toughest question was probably about my last job, which was with an extremely successful retailer which few people ever left voluntarily.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no salary negotiation.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at P.C. Richard & Son (Milford, CT) in March 2010.

Interview

Typically you will be called by the "training manager" of Connecticut if they are interested in your application, although most hirings are done through referrals. The interview is easy and pretty much as long as you "smile" and show "enthusiasm" they will shake your hand and offer you a job.

Interview Questions

• What do you think makes you an asset to PC Richard and Son?   Answer Question

Negotiation

none. commission vs draw pay system

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at P.C. Richard & Son (New York, NY) in March 2009.

Interview

Very easy to get a job there. Hard to hold it because its horrible.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at P.C. Richard & Son (New York, NY) in December 2008.

Interview

Apply in store and was told HQ would contact me. Got an answer in about 2 weeks to schedule interview where upon meeting with the hiring manager was asked general assessment questions and to a personality test. The HM was very friendly and great to meet. Made wanting to work for them more appealing. Was offered job 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for PC Richard and Son?   1 Answer