P.F. Chang's Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.1

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at P.F. Chang's in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online and within 3-4 days they called to set up a date and time for an interview with a manager. Arrived at the interview and was told another manager was going to interview me. Asked basic interview questions like availability, experience, and being in situations. I was told to call and schedule a second interview with the hiring manager but everytime I called they said the hiring manager was on vacation or to call the next day. Applied to another location, walked in to interview, had 2 interviews and got the job on the spot!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at P.F. Chang's (Princeton, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

I had a very short and abrupt interview. They were not prepared for my interview when I arrived at 11 AM (the time they specified) which was the exact time they were opening so it was also uncomfortable with the staff

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at P.F. Changs?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at P.F. Chang's (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

Applied in person between 2 pm and 4 pm on Monday - Thursday. Was called back the next day to set-up a convenient time to come back for an interview. There were two interviews total. The first was with an Assistant Manager where basic questions were asked about past experience with customer service and questions pertaining to ones personality. The second interview was with the General Manager. Most of the questions mirrored those asked in the first interview, in addition to my availability and expectations. Overall, a very easy interview process.

Interview Questions

• Any past experience with customer service?   1 Answer
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle a difficult customer?   1 Answer
    • Tell me a time where you had to multi-task in a fast paced environment?   1 Answer
    • Can you prioritize tasks and duties "on the fly" or ad hoc?   1 Answer

BackWaiter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at P.F. Chang's.

Interview

I had formulated a well-written cover letter, which was inherently better than what most people submit. I hadn't had word back in well over a month, but eventually they called me up. I showed up for an interview in business casual attire and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• When can you work? What is your availability?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at P.F. Chang's (Raleigh, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

Brief interview. filled out application and asked to speak with the manager..he greeted me and I firmly shook his hand and expressed my excitement for the opportunity and was Hired me on the spot!!

Server Interview

Interview

easy, simple.asked basic questions that would be asked. work experience, what can be added to the team. etc. food is good. management is good. service is good. blah blash blHHH

Server Interview

Interview

I went in for a server position but was told they weren't hiring for anything for host. It was pretty basic. Tell me about qualities, etc. What restaurants have you worked in? What capacity? How did you hear about P.F. Chang's? What type of hours are you expecting? Are you able to work full weekends?

Interview Questions

• Not really too much difficulty to answer for anyone who has been in the food industry.   Answer Question

PF Changs Server Interview

Interview

Simple interview, tell me a time when, describe how you work with others. Basic simple interview, if you can talk normally you are hired. They asked what hours I could work and then built a schedule around that, picking up/switching shifts is easy

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond....   Answer Question

PF Changs Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at P.F. Chang's (Dallas, TX).

Interview

You fill out an application Monday-Thursday from 2-4 pm. They'll have you fill it out in the restaurant and will usually give you an interview right after you submit it back to the hosts. If you pass the initial interview they will set up a second interview with another manager sometime in the future.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Your pay is $2.13 an hour. No negotiation necessary.

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at P.F. Chang's in June 2014.

Interview

Had an initial phone screen with HR, a skype interview with the hiring director, and an on-site round of interviews with a half dozen people or so. The interviews were pretty easy. They tell you their background and ask you to walk through your career path making sure to pulse in the things you were most proud of and/or wish you could do over again. They will take you to Pei Wei for lunch. No curve ball questions. The offices are nice but lack a lot of the luxuries of larger businesses (no cafeteria or gym). They are truly business casual so I would be sure to dress up for the interview. If you get to an on site interview, 75% of the decision is personality fit. I think portraying yourself as curious, outgoing, and professional will carry a lot of weight.