P.F. Chang's Interview Questions

Updated Oct 4, 2014

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at P.F. Chang's.

You fill out an application Monday-Thursday from 2-4 pm. They'll have you fill it out in the restaurant and will usually give you an interview right after you submit it back to the hosts. If you pass the initial interview they will set up a second interview with another manager sometime in the future.

Interview Questions
    Your pay is $2.13 an hour. No negotiation necessary.

Analyst Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at P.F. Chang's in June 2014.

Had an initial phone screen with HR, a skype interview with the hiring director, and an on-site round of interviews with a half dozen people or so.

The interviews were pretty easy. They tell you their background and ask you to walk through your career path making sure to pulse in the things you were most proud of and/or wish you could do over again. They will take you to Pei Wei for lunch. No curve ball questions.

The offices are nice but lack a lot of the luxuries of larger businesses (no cafeteria or gym). They are truly business casual so I would be sure to dress up for the interview. If you get to an on site interview, 75% of the decision is personality fit. I think portraying yourself as curious, outgoing, and professional will carry a lot of weight.

PF Changs Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at P.F. Chang's.

Basic questions, nothing too intense. Why do you want to work here? What kind of experience do you have? What was one time you were put in an uncomfortable position with a customer? Did you feel you handled the situation well? What would you do differently? Where do you see yourself in 3 years with the company?

Interview Questions
    • This is a common question, but the most difficult in the interview always, for myself. "What are your weaknesses?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at P.F. Chang's.

As anyone in this business for any length of time knows all too well, hiring is a crapshoot. Every good restaurant comes up with diamonds in the rough—servers who were hired grudgingly based on need who turn out to be superstars. Unfortunately, every good restaurant also has examples of the opposite—servers with sterling resumes and winning interviews who subsequently flop once they are on the floor. If there was a method of eliminating the guesswork from hiring, we would all be geniuses in the restaurant business. They typically give you 2-3 interviews.

Restaurant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at P.F. Chang's.

Very laid back, phone interview and then two interviews with separate "managing partners" which is basically a Regional Manager one Managing Partner was drastically different from the other.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation. offer was what it was. they offered me a very high starting salary because of my experience. was told I was coming into ride the pine as the next gm but saw that years and years down the road.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Station, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Station, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at P.F. Chang's.

Applied online. Received call the next day to set up an interview. Went in and met with one of the managers. The "interview" lasted all of about 5 minutes, he didn't really ask me anything except why I wanted to work there. They offered me a job that day and told me to come in for orientation about a week or so later. This was before the new location was open. Now that we are open, they have people come in Monday-Friday 2-5 to fill out applications and do a quick interview.

Interview Questions
    • They only asked one question. "Why do you want to work here?" It's not a hard question. It's pretty standard at any interview.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. They offered me $10/hr. After being hired, I did negotiate my schedule a bit to give me a little more free time.

Wok Chef Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at P.F. Chang's.

Went in and filled out application on spot and got a call back in less than a week for an interview which was very casual.

Interview Questions
    • what is my favorite dish to cook at home.   View Answer
    they offered $11.00 an hour and I accepted

Host Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at P.F. Chang's.

When I turned in my application, I did an initial interview. I was called back for one more interview where I was hired. After that I went through an orientation process and started training!

BackWaiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at P.F. Chang's in January 2014.

I waited for almost an hour for the manager to be available to talk to me. Interview was maybe 15 minutes long. They were nice and tried to know me better. It took over an hour to get my paperwork printed, so I was sitting by myself awkwardly. It was also slow. Paperwork took about or a little bit over an hour. Then it took around 30 minutes for the manager to take me down to the very small, uncomfortable and messy office. Had to stay in the office for about an hour to put all my information in. I also noticed he was doing his own personal e-mails, just prolonging the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult or unexpected questions. They asked the normal hiring questions, and actually talked to you and tried getting to know you.   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at P.F. Chang's.

I went in after seeing a posting under the mall's website. When I got there I turned in my resume to the hostess right away and received an application in return. They were a little busy so I came back an hour later with a filled out application. When I came back, I noticed a girl that I used to work with over a year ago and that was refreshing. Another host got her to call the manager to come speak with me and so he did. I spoke with the manager for 5 or 6 minutes. I explained that I've worked with Open Table and have been a hostess before at a casual upscale Mexican restaurant and since I am so driven, smart, cute, have no criminal record and am well experienced as well as a full-time student, he liked me right away and told me to call back in two weeks to keep tabs on the schedule since they just hired 2 new staff members. It turned out that just 2 days late, he ended up calling me back with a job offer!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing like that was asked at all, just questions about school, my schedule, previous employment and skills   Answer Question
    The starting pay was $9/hr. which was more than fine with me