P.F. Chang's

Updated Feb 23, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at P.F. Chang's.

Applied in person between 2 pm and 4 pm on Monday - Thursday. Was called back the next day to set-up a convenient time to come back for an interview. There were two interviews total. The first was with an Assistant Manager where basic questions were asked about past experience with customer service and questions pertaining to ones personality. The second interview was with the General Manager. Most of the questions mirrored those asked in the first interview, in addition to my availability and expectations. Overall, a very easy interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Any past experience with customer service?   View Answer
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses?   View Answer
    • How would you handle a difficult customer?   View Answer
    • Tell me a time where you had to multi-task in a fast paced environment?   View Answer
    • Can you prioritize tasks and duties "on the fly" or ad hoc?   View Answer

Server Interview

easy, simple.asked basic questions that would be asked. work experience, what can be added to the team. etc. food is good. management is good. service is good. blah blash blHHH

Server Interview

I went in for a server position but was told they weren't hiring for anything for host. It was pretty basic. Tell me about qualities, etc. What restaurants have you worked in? What capacity? How did you hear about P.F. Chang's? What type of hours are you expecting? Are you able to work full weekends?

Interview Questions
    • Not really too much difficulty to answer for anyone who has been in the food industry.   Answer Question

PF Changs Server Interview

Simple interview, tell me a time when, describe how you work with others. Basic simple interview, if you can talk normally you are hired. They asked what hours I could work and then built a schedule around that, picking up/switching shifts is easy

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond....   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at P.F. Chang's.

You fill out an application Monday-Thursday from 2-4 pm. They'll have you fill it out in the restaurant and will usually give you an interview right after you submit it back to the hosts. If you pass the initial interview they will set up a second interview with another manager sometime in the future.

Interview Questions
    Your pay is $2.13 an hour. No negotiation necessary.

Analyst Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at P.F. Chang's in June 2014.

Had an initial phone screen with HR, a skype interview with the hiring director, and an on-site round of interviews with a half dozen people or so.

The interviews were pretty easy. They tell you their background and ask you to walk through your career path making sure to pulse in the things you were most proud of and/or wish you could do over again. They will take you to Pei Wei for lunch. No curve ball questions.

The offices are nice but lack a lot of the luxuries of larger businesses (no cafeteria or gym). They are truly business casual so I would be sure to dress up for the interview. If you get to an on site interview, 75% of the decision is personality fit. I think portraying yourself as curious, outgoing, and professional will carry a lot of weight.

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at P.F. Chang's in April 2014.

It was pretty easy for me. They ask you pretty standard questions, what would you do if you were in this situation? How would you handle a disgruntled guest? What was your last serving job like and why did you like it? It was easy because I had dealt with all of the situations before so I could answer them with experience. They are pretty picky about who they hire. They want people with personalities, who are outgoing, charismatic and confident.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't a difficult question but for someone who does not have a lot of service experience some of the situational questions might trip you up. Just think of the most reasonable solution and if you can't just say you would grab a manager to figure out what to do next.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, servers make the same no matter what.

PF Changs Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at P.F. Chang's.

Basic questions, nothing too intense. Why do you want to work here? What kind of experience do you have? What was one time you were put in an uncomfortable position with a customer? Did you feel you handled the situation well? What would you do differently? Where do you see yourself in 3 years with the company?

Interview Questions
    • This is a common question, but the most difficult in the interview always, for myself. "What are your weaknesses?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at P.F. Chang's.

As anyone in this business for any length of time knows all too well, hiring is a crapshoot. Every good restaurant comes up with diamonds in the rough—servers who were hired grudgingly based on need who turn out to be superstars. Unfortunately, every good restaurant also has examples of the opposite—servers with sterling resumes and winning interviews who subsequently flop once they are on the floor. If there was a method of eliminating the guesswork from hiring, we would all be geniuses in the restaurant business. They typically give you 2-3 interviews.

Restaurant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at P.F. Chang's.

Very laid back, phone interview and then two interviews with separate "managing partners" which is basically a Regional Manager one Managing Partner was drastically different from the other.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation. offer was what it was. they offered me a very high starting salary because of my experience. was told I was coming into ride the pine as the next gm but saw that years and years down the road.