P.F. Chang's Server Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at P.F. Chang's.

Applied in person between 2 pm and 4 pm on Monday - Thursday. Was called back the next day to set-up a convenient time to come back for an interview. There were two interviews total. The first was with an Assistant Manager where basic questions were asked about past experience with customer service and questions pertaining to ones personality. The second interview was with the General Manager. Most of the questions mirrored those asked in the first interview, in addition to my availability and expectations. Overall, a very easy interview process.

Interview Questions
  • Any past experience with customer service?   View Answer
  • What are your strengths and weaknesses?   View Answer
  • How would you handle a difficult customer?   View Answer
  • Tell me a time where you had to multi-task in a fast paced environment?   View Answer
  • Can you prioritize tasks and duties "on the fly" or ad hoc?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for P.F. Chang's

Server Interview

easy, simple.asked basic questions that would be asked. work experience, what can be added to the team. etc. food is good. management is good. service is good. blah blash blHHH

Server Interview

I went in for a server position but was told they weren't hiring for anything for host. It was pretty basic. Tell me about qualities, etc. What restaurants have you worked in? What capacity? How did you hear about P.F. Chang's? What type of hours are you expecting? Are you able to work full weekends?

Interview Questions
    • Not really too much difficulty to answer for anyone who has been in the food industry.   Answer Question

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at P.F. Chang's in April 2014.

It was pretty easy for me. They ask you pretty standard questions, what would you do if you were in this situation? How would you handle a disgruntled guest? What was your last serving job like and why did you like it? It was easy because I had dealt with all of the situations before so I could answer them with experience. They are pretty picky about who they hire. They want people with personalities, who are outgoing, charismatic and confident.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't a difficult question but for someone who does not have a lot of service experience some of the situational questions might trip you up. Just think of the most reasonable solution and if you can't just say you would grab a manager to figure out what to do next.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, servers make the same no matter what.

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at P.F. Chang's.

Had two interviews, one with the general manager and another with the manager who is mainly in charge of the servers.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were based around your personality. Just show that you are an upbeat person.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at P.F. Chang's in January 2013.

Interview was easy, since i was recommended by someone, it wasn't a formal interview process, only the basics such as my available hours. after the interview, had an orientation day, the training process is very intense. They gave me a quiz every day during training. training is 5 pay days and also they give you all the food and drinks to try. The last day i took the test, if you don't pass the test , you don't get the job, but in most cases they will train you again.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any experience in the restaurant business?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at P.F. Chang's in August 2012.

came in talked to them first time

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at P.F. Chang's in July 2012.

Very brief Process , after getting the intial interview there will be 2 more with additional managers , my last interview was over the phone and quite easy I could tell I basically had the job , so if u get passed the 2nd expect the same . But overall it was a pretty easy process that did not take long at all!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied in-person – interviewed at P.F. Chang's in March 2011.

Promoted from within, started as a hostess and was promoted to server after a year.

Interview Questions
    • You walk in and are immediately sat five tables, how would you proceed?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at P.F. Chang's in August 2010.

I walked into the restaurant with a resume and asked for an application. They ask you to fill it out entirely there. Once you complete the application, if it's a slow time, they bring a manger out to speak with you. I was asked about past work history and experience and then hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • If you've worked at a P.F. Changs before this one make sure you remember mgmt names, etc. It's a small circle and they will ask about previous managers because most of them have worked together at some point.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Minimum wage and then tips!