P.F. Chang's Server Interview Questions & Reviews

1.8

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Colorado Springs, CO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at P.F. Chang's in May 2010.

#1 tips: Go to the restaurant and ask for an application (and be prepared for an immediate interview) between 2-4pm on WEEKDAYS only. I was referred by a friend of mine who was already currently working there. I went through one quick interview and got the job right then and there. I didn't have any previous restaurant experience, but I was told I came off as confident and outgoing - 2 critical characteristics needed to be a competent backwaiter/server.

Interview Questions
At the time, it was a standard $5.35/hr with tip sharing for backwaiters. On busy nights, I'd make about $15/hr extra in tips for about 6 hours.

Other Interview Reviews for P.F. Chang's

Anonymous Employee  in  Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at P.F. Chang's in January 2013.

Interview was easy, since i was recommended by someone, it wasn't a formal interview process, only the basics such as my available hours. after the interview, had an orientation day, the training process is very intense. They gave me a quiz every day during training. training is 5 pay days and also they give you all the food and drinks to try. The last day i took the test, if you don't pass the test , you don't get the job, but in most cases they will train you again.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any experience in the restaurant business?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at P.F. Chang's in March 2011.

Promoted from within, started as a hostess and was promoted to server after a year.

Interview Questions
    • You walk in and are immediately sat five tables, how would you proceed?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlantic City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlantic City, NJ

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at P.F. Chang's in May 2009.

Heard they were hiring servers so I walked in with a resume and immediately received an informal interview which lasted about 2 minutes. Nothing difficult was asked. I was asked if I had serving experience and if I had reliable transportation.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing difficult asked whatsoever. I was only asked about my serving experience and if I had reliable transportation.   Answer Question

Server Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at P.F. Chang's.

Had two interviews, one with the general manager and another with the manager who is mainly in charge of the servers.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were based around your personality. Just show that you are an upbeat person.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Albany, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at P.F. Chang's in May 2009.

Three stages of interviews. Two interviews with FOH managers, and then one final interview with the Operating Partner. Followed by 5-days of training. Everyday has a "classroom" part where you taste the food and go through a work-book. Then followed by a "follow" on the floor. You follow for 4 days and the 5th day you run the section being shadowed by the trainer.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult questions, but it was a very casual interview with basic questions relating to service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at P.F. Chang's in August 2010.

I walked into the restaurant with a resume and asked for an application. They ask you to fill it out entirely there. Once you complete the application, if it's a slow time, they bring a manger out to speak with you. I was asked about past work history and experience and then hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • If you've worked at a P.F. Changs before this one make sure you remember mgmt names, etc. It's a small circle and they will ask about previous managers because most of them have worked together at some point.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Minimum wage and then tips!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at P.F. Chang's in July 2008.

The interview process was very simple. Basic questions and scenarios were given in terms of over all guest/dining experiences and customer service. I had about 3 interviews, 2 from general managers and 1 from the operating partner.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to deal with an angry guest and how did you approach/solve that problem.   View Answer
    Well it was for a serving position (2.15 plus tips), you have to start out as a runner to learn the food and you are then able to move up within 2 weeks or a few months depending on your determination and knowledge of the food etc.

Anonymous Employee  in  Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at P.F. Chang's in August 2012.

came in talked to them first time

Anonymous Employee  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at P.F. Chang's in July 2010.

I entered the store originally and asked if they were hiring. Was told they were by hostess and to fill out an application. I filled out the application then was able to speak with a manager. This manager informed me they were not hiring for server, but they were for serving-back. He said to come back next at a certain day and time the next week as the manager in charge of serving-back's was not in. I came back the next week at the appointed time, only to find the manager I had my appointment with was not in. I met with a third manager. This manager was in charge of the kitchen, so knew nothing of front-of-house hiring needs, but still proceeded to "interview" me for 15 minutes. He then asked me to return the following week at such-and-such a time and day to speak with manager two whom I'd missed. I returned, manager two is now at work. He informed me that manager one is actually in charge of serving backs, and was not sure why he told me to speak with him. I got the impression that he then felt bad for wasting my time and wanted to at least make it look like they were interested in me, as he began asking me questions completely unrelated to the job such as where am I from, then told me where his family is from and what they do for fun. He thanked me, said they would see what they could make available for me. I never heard back.

Interview Questions

Worked for P.F. Chang's? Contribute to the Community!