P&G Western Europe Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2015

3.5

Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at P&G Western Europe (Paris (France)).

Interview

Step 1-2: I applied online (pg.taleo.net) for this intern position (ACM) and did two online multiple choice test (2 parts). The first was the Success Drivers Assessment. There were lots of questions, mostly behavioral/situational testing if you are a good fit for them. If you have a good knowledge of P&G's corporate culture, mission and values, it should be rather easy. Remember to adapt your answers to what P&G is potentially looking. And despite there not being a time limit try to do it as fast as you can, i.e. do not take three hours. The second test was a logic test (Reasoning Screen, 15 questions, 2.5 minutes/question). The test starts with easy questions, then since they use adaptive testing the questions will become increasingly difficult until you answer wrong, in which case they will give you a slightly easier one and so on until they have found more or less your score. With this type of test you can also create an approximate idea on how many questions you answered right. Of course you don't need to have every answer right in order to pass, it is actually very difficult to have 15 straight correct answers. You can also practice by using P&G's practice tests. Step 3.1 and 3.2: I received a phone call 2 days later by someone from the HR team. he informed they were interested, asked me a few questions and asked for my availability on a specific date 'a few days later) for a recruiting session. On D-Day we were between 12 and 14 in the room for the In-Person Reasoning Test. I found it a bit harder than the Online test and the Practice test offered by P&G on their site. Maybe because of its length. I still managed to finish it though and after exchanging with some of the other candidates I found out that most of them had not managed to finish it. So my advice to you is to go as fast as you can and don't spend too much time on a single question. After that we all made it to the next phase except 2 candidates who were sent home. They gave us time to eat before the first round of interviews. During the initial interview, I was interviewed by 2 P&G Managers, one who worked mostly on-field and the other who spent more time in her office (but maybe this is particular for the Category Manager Position). I was expecting another type interview in all fairness, one that would be 'more guided' with precise questions, but since the beginning they asked me to describe myself, my academic and professional background, so they caught me off-guard but I kept on improving as time went-on. (Another particular point that I need to mention is that one of them was a graduate from my Grande Ecole and the other from the same city as my school so I really don't think it was fortuitous.) In the end they told me I passed the initial interview, gave me very good feedback, confirming some of my doubts in the process, and told me I would meet with a SVP (telling me how important it was to treat him with the highest respect!). I was also told that around 300 people had applied for the position. Step 4: For the final interview it came to me and another male candidate. I was interviewed by a SVP very soon after and to my surprise (or not!) he started the interview in one of the foreign languages on my CV, neither French, nor English. As for the rest of interview, it went rather good and I was very confident after. I received a negative answer 2 days later, without much feedback nor explanations as why. But I think one of the reasons might have been that I got too familiar with the SVP at one point when talking about sports (since we had the same passions) and spent more time talking about sports than actual sales and marketing. So despite the interview itself going great, be very careful about this in the future. Do not make the same mistake; you are there for the job and nothing else. To conclude the process isn't very difficult in itself, although rather long and tedious. It becomes difficult because of the high number of candidates for very few openings. And don't forget in the end, they don't select the best candidate, rather the best fit for their enterprise. Be prepared next time. Hope this helps :)

IDS Challenge 2015 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at P&G Western Europe (Brussels (Belgium)) in April 2015.

Interview

Step 1-2: I applied online and did an online multiple choice test (2 parts). The first part (~60 questions, no time limit) asked about past activities and what would you do if to test culture fit. You can read P&G values and principles to answer. Just remember that you don't want sell what you have, you want sell what they want to buy. These multiple choice questions are typically screened by computer so you also don't need to worry about not being yourself later. The second part was a logic test (15 questions, 2.5 minutes/question). They were not too difficult so you don't need an IQ of 200 but P&G has a mock test and there are free similar test online if you want to practice. Step 3: I passed step 2 and was informed after 1 week. In total 318 people passed and were divided into teams of 3 to do a business case over 10 days. It was about selecting 3 best projects among different proposals and teams had to schedule everything themselves. I talked with candidates (who passed this stage) from other teams and they chose different projects so there was no "1 correct answer". It depends on how you evaluate and explain it. Some knowledge of project management would be helpful though. Be warned that not all people in your team would stick around to work on the case since they probably also applied elsewhere and got an offer so don't procrastinate, you may have to do extra works. Step 4: 90 people passed the case were interviewed in the nearest IDS offices (may not in the same country you applied) to find 14 final winners. The interview started early so I and other candidates from other countries had to stay a night before (P&G reimburse travel cost but accommodation cost is on you so don't book a 5 star hotel room; I also doubt that they would reimburse if you come in by a jet). First thing on the interview day was a logic test on paper (~40 questions, 1 hour) similar to the online test. I passed and had an 1:1 interview. The interview was limited to 1 hour, ~50 minutes for behavior questions like "a time when you led a team" and ~10 minutes to ask questions. You can find more questions from other reviews since P&G use pretty much a standard list to interview. When it was my turn, I asked what characteristics are P&G looking for. The answer was standard PR stuffs like hire the people and not hire the degree. I said I did a research on previous years' winners and 71% of them studied in prestigious schools (ARWU, THE, QS lists). The interviewer said I was wrong and my data was incomplete. I argued back but felt the atmosphere was heating, I switched to an easy question to end the interview. Afterwards all candidates had a lunch together with IDS people to talk about life in P&G. Result: I was rejected. Self evaluating, I didn't answer well and after having lunch with IDS people, I think I was too aggressive when asking (P&G often recruit straight out of college and employees stay for many years, most of IDs people have been there for years and some are up to 20 years). Thus they may prefer someone more sheep-like who can take orders better and didn't bark back. I analyzed 2015 winners to compare with my prior research and the results are: Studied in prestigious schools: 71% (past winners) vs. 75% (2015 winners) Age: normal distribution centered at 23 (past) vs. normal distribution centered at 24 (2015) - the hire young idea was confirmed in the lunch meeting Working/intern experience in a 1 billion+ revenue company: 39% (past) vs.42% (2015) (percentage of those worked in smaller companies differed though) Master degree level: 52% (past) vs. 50% (2015) (rest was bachelor, no PhD) Country of origin: since the 2015 host Italy has significantly more winners (6) compare to the next country (2 winners), I suspect the host country has more slots but there wasn't enough past data to confirm this. Other criteria like gender, volunteering activities seem to have little influence. (Sample: 31 winners from 2008 to 2014, data retrieved from their LinkedIn profile) Officially P&G look for "leadership, mastery, agility" but my numbers showed that studied in a famous school, in your early 20s, worked in a big company are advantages.Either these correlations have common underlying causes (maybe these schools have better leadership teaching) or there are direct causations. While not 100% correct, I'd say the first data predicted reasonably close. Even if knowing these statistics won't change your odds, be informed your success chance helps you to decided whether to invest further or take up another opportunity. I did my homework, knew my odds and took the chance because I felt the reward worth the risk but It's up to you to decide your case. If you read this review, probably you are doing your research so I hope it helps :)

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at P&G Western Europe.

Interview

Online cv, online assessments, telephone interview, reasoning test at the office and then some more interviews. I am at the reasoning test stage so will comment about the last interviews when I'm through. The telephone interview was very pleasant, the employee I spoke was genuinely interested in my career and what I wanted to do at P&G.

Logistics Graduate Interview

Interview

Went to the Manchester Plant, was interviewed by an elderly man who seemed to go on a lot of tangents, but was quite friendly. Regular fit questions, not a single technical one.

CBD Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at P&G Western Europe (Lisbon (Portugal)).

Interview

On line test: - Behavioral (60-80 questions). If you don't concentrate and don't take it serious you will fail for sure. Prepare to take around 1 hour! If you think it's too much for such an important opportunity, "you're not the right person for P&G". - Picture based test (15-20 questions) Face-to-face Test, written: - Reasoning Test - 60 Questions in 65 min - analytical, logical speech, picture based. Don't take to long in the math and the images Interviews: 3 interviews, 1 hour and 2 interviewers for each one. Prepare to speak about all your life time experiences (not only professional and educational), how you react, overcame, failed, learned, lead, follow, etc.

Interview Questions

• "tell me about some situations of conflicts and how you managed it".. I had to find at least 3, and each one led to more questions. "tell me about a situation, if you have, where someone changed your mind, despite you were positive of being correct. And how they did it."   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at P&G Western Europe (Geneva (Switzerland)).

Interview

Online IQ Test then at the office same type of test 2 interviews at the office one interview by phone one interview at the plant they want to know more about your personality, keep in mind all the project you have done , give example of situation when you showed leadership skills

Junior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at P&G Western Europe (Geneva (Switzerland)) in November 2014.

Interview

Hiring process according to company site information: online assessment, phone interview, in place test and final interview. Mostly personality questions, you should prove key characteristics such as leadership, problem solving and analytical mindset

CBD Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at P&G Western Europe.

Interview

I did a numerical and verbal logic test online and then a behavioural one. The questions were not difficult, but the time was tight. Then I had another IQ test in campus and then 3 interviews (behavioural with three different managers of the function I have applied for).

Interview Questions

• The Head of the CBD Function was asking quite challenging questions, also trying to put me in a situation of stress.   Answer Question

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at P&G Western Europe (Brussels (Belgium)) in October 2014.

Interview

- 2 online tests - 1 interview on the phone - 1 reasoning test on site - 1 interview on site --> invited for Masterclass weekend in Brussels - 2 more interviews on site for job application All the above stages have been passed, waiting for an answer on the last stage. If this is positive, I'll enter the P&G talent pool and will be contacted for openings within engineering.

Interview Questions

• Behavioural and experience based questions P&G hires a person, NOT a degree Last interviews will be more indept about technical details and approaches on certain projects, but again with the focus on the person   Answer Question

CBD/Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at P&G Western Europe in September 2014.

Interview

After fairly standard online application process, I then had a 40 minute telephone interview during which I was asked 3 competency question, each based around one of the Success Drivers. Try to explain using Context-Action-Result framework. They asked a few more questions and probed for details occasionally. Was told the next day that I passed the interview and will be going for a day visit at the office soon.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a problem to solve with limited resources (e.g. time/money)   1 Answer