P&G Western Europe

Relevance Date Difficulty

CBD/Sales Interview

CBD/Sales
Weybridge, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at P&G Western Europe in April 2014.

Interview Details – At the start of the process you will be required to complete a number of personality questionnaires, along with a non-verbal reasoning test. There is no real way to prepare for the personality test (called the success driver’s test), other than to study P&G’s core competencies. They are looking for winners, but want people who are willing to play by the rules to get tasks done. They highlight: passion for winning, leadership, ownership, honesty and trust as their most desired attributes.

Then I had a 15 minute telephone interview, which focussed upon my experience and competencies. This is fairly informal and the interviewer will try to make you relax. Don’t rush to think of an answer, take a few seconds to think of the best response and then deliver it with confidence. The assessment day then consisted of a 65 minute reasoning test, split between verbal, non-verbal and numerical questions. There is a pass mark rather than a quota, so don’t be worried by those around you and simply focus upon maximising your own marks. I would recommend using websites such as Assessmentday and SHL to prepare for this. The maths questions are numerical comprehension questions, so are slightly different from most numerical tests you will take. I have heard people suggesting GMAT practice papers are good preparation also.

Then there is an hours lunch with a recently employed graduate of the company (normally one who has been there around a year). This is a chance to ask lots of questions, but is very relaxed. Then the afternoon consists of an initial interview with two directors of the company. My interviewers had been with P&G for 19 years and 15 years. This is purely a competency based interview and will involve a large focus on examples of your leadership, ability to overcome obstacles/innovate.

The final interview is one on one and for me was again focused upon my own competencies. But the interviewer focused much more on specific examples of where I had exhibited these skills in certain scenarios. Such as: tell me about a time when you were working for company x, and you had to make a difficult decision regarding the best course of action... etc.

I then found out about 3 hours after the interview that I had the internship. The whole process took 3 months for me. But there was a month and a half gap between my telephone interview and my assessment day.

Please bear in mind that it is possible to fail at any stage. If you fail the tests on the morning of the assessment day, you will go home at that point.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you noticed that someone was better than you at something.   View Answer

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Supply Chain Manager
Warsaw (Poland)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at P&G Western Europe in May 2014.

Interview Details – 4 Steps, First multiple choice which is in the Internet , then reasoning test in their building(quite easy, same as in every website), first interview with one person, ask for general question also including some behavioral question "How did u handle,manage, etc" and question like "did u have any conflict, or disagreement with your managers" . In the last step with the one manager and top of Poland .

Interview Question – In the last part of interview its more in depth interview rather than general so they are asking specific measurements of your achievements   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

Finance Intern
Athens (Greece)

I applied online - interviewed at P&G Western Europe in July 2013.

Interview Details – The first stage consisted of the online numerical and critical reasoning tests. Right after i was notified to to the same tests at the company's offices. Having completed the tests 3 interviews followed. First one with a person from the human resources department while the next two with people from the finance function. All of the interviews were behavioral based on the 3 success drivers of the firm (agility,teamwork,intellectual ability) while the last interview included a small business case.

Interview Question – Business case concerning the introduction of a new product in the market.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Entry Level Management Sales Interview

Entry Level Management Sales
Rotterdam (Netherlands)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at P&G Western Europe in May 2013.

Interview Details – First online test inductive reasoning.

Second round was a behavioral interview over the phone with a manager. In this round it is important to think of examples that illustrate, Leadership, Think and act decisively and teamwork. It is also important to tell about some major achievements and to show them what makes you tick.

Questions you should expect;

Give an exapmle of when you encountered a large problem and needed help to solve.

When have you made a hard decission

Give an example of what characterizes you...

Third, inhouse interviews ( 3 in total)

Cant tell you how these went because i was rejected due to the fact i did not demonstrate enough leadership skills during the interview. The interviewer was hoping for more answers that illustrated vision and convincing others to follow me in that vision.

Interview Question – give an example of initiative.

See unilevers FLP for other questions which are usefull
  Answer Question

Telephone Interview P& G Interview

Telephone Interview P& G
Brussels (Belgium)

I applied online - interviewed at P&G Western Europe in November 2013.

Interview Details – 30 min telephone interview before the interview in the office.
You get an employer of P&G on the phone. First you have to introduce yourself. They ask you questions concering P&G's succesdrivers. After 25 minutes it is time for you to ask the questions

Interview Questions

• Did you ever work on a project and suddenly things changed? What was your approach?   Answer Question
  • Did anyone ever come to you for your expertise?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Phone interview, next step was interview at the office

Very Difficult Interview

Sales/Customer Business Development Interview

Sales/Customer Business Development
Copenhagen (Denmark)

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at P&G Western Europe.

Interview Details – The process was a very long one of over 2 months, starting with a telephone interview, followed by an on site interview, followed by a case, followed by another interview, and at that point they would tell you wether you have it or not. The questions you are asked throughout interviews are the same and it all comes down to who interviews you wether you have it or not. I didnæ't get it and I think the main eason is that the interviewer in my last round came in with a negative attitude and that colored her perception of me. I left fealing mistreated and disillutioned about P&G, it was the place I dreamed to work, now it is more a place I rue and lament..

Interview Question – Why do yuou have so many intrests and why are you not following others instead of this?   Answer Question

Internship Marketing Interview

Internship Marketing
Madrid (Spain)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at P&G Western Europe in September 2013.

Interview Details – 1) Online tests
2) Tests at college ( you will be given a sample)
3) Interview with three different employees of the department (not HR - 1 hour long each).
( one of them they interviwer was jumping from the different languages i was expected to have), The interviewers had a piece of paper with a set of questions focusing on past experiences and examples of certain behaviors, in order to check if the candidate´s profile fits the company's philosophy and way of working.

Interview Question – they will ask you over and over about situations on your life and they used the methodology PAR ( problem, actuation, result).

the most difficult one was :`` do your think you are innovator, why?´´
  Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Moscow (Russia)

I applied in-person and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at P&G Western Europe.

Interview Details – 3 interviews, two in Russian, one in English. Very friendly interviewers.

Interview Question – about my goals and aims in their company   View Answer

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern

Interviewed at P&G Western Europe

Interview Details – 1. Online application form
2. Online reasoning and logic test
3. Paper-based logic test at the location
4. 3 interviews with Manager or Directors

Interview Question – Why is our market share the same although sales volume increased?   View Answer

PhD Seminar Interview

PhD Seminar

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at P&G Western Europe.

Interview Details – Questions were centered on working through my CV and asking about what skills were necessary in order to complete certain tasks. Interview was very friendly and relaxed, and questions did not feel like they were trying to trick me out, rather just to ensure my previous work experience I had detailed in my CV was accurate.

Interview Question – They asked about how a solved a challenging situation with an unhelpful work colleague, and kind of felt like it was leading to make me sell myself too hard.   View Answer

Worked for P&G Western Europe? Contribute to the Community!