P2 Energy Solutions

Relevance Date Difficulty

GIS Technician Interview

GIS Technician
San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at P2 Energy Solutions.

Interview Details – I was contacted by their recruiter and applied online shortly after. I received a call the next day and they scheduled an appointment for the day after that. The process moved very quickly, and I was working there two weeks after initial contact.

Interview Question – The questions were very run of the mill interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate. The recruiter flat out refused to budge.

Technical Consultant Interview

Technical Consultant
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at P2 Energy Solutions.

Interview Details – I truly do not understand the assessment games an applicant is asked to complete. I applied, received a "thumbs up" to get to the next phase, and it was a test. One test you can complete fully, but the 2nd there is no possible way w/the time allowed anyone could complete. I'm sure P2 has a purpose, but as a potential candidate I learned nothing from the experience to understand why I was not selected.

Interview Question – nothing specific; just the 2nd there is no possible way w/the time allowed anyone could complete.   Answer Question

Database Administrator Interview

Database Administrator
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at P2 Energy Solutions in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied on line and a day later had a phone interview after taking the online assessment. After the phone interview an onsite interview was scheduled. I have yet to have the in person interview.

Interview Question – Not was I was expecting for an online assessment   Answer Question

Software Consultant Interview

Software Consultant
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at P2 Energy Solutions.

Interview Details – Took a really long time to hear from them after applying for job but once process started it moved fairly quickly.

Interview Question – Too long ago, don't remember.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Denver, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at P2 Energy Solutions.

Interview Details – Every person has to do and pass their assessment test. Then you meet a bunch of people with prescribed questions that dont allow for much more than just rapid fire and short answers.

Negotiation Details – They are not at all flexible. They start at low-ball and stay there.

QA Analyst Interview

QA Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at P2 Energy Solutions in February 2012.

Interview Details – Initially I applied online. After applying, I got the email within a week that I have to take a test which was from home itself. I took it and it was behavioral questions and aptitude. which took almost 1-2 hours to complete the test. Then there was a phone interview.After a week they called me for face to face interview. Before the F2F interview they conducted the aptitude test again on the site.(which was totally unnecessary ). If they are conducting the test on the site, then why the wasted my time before I really don't know!!
After the F2F interview, one week later they called me again with for next round of interview with Manager. And after one or two days they called me again for aptitude test and I took the test third time!
Then they did background check and sent me to take the drug and alcohol test. Everything went well and after 2 weeks I got the rejection e-mail.

Interview Question – Aptitude Questions (without using calculator)   Answer Question

Assessment Test/Business Analyst Interview

Assessment Test/Business Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at P2 Energy Solutions.

Interview Details – I applied and received a pre-scree test a few days later. Unfortunately I didn’t make it pass the pre-screen.

Interview Question – The pre-screen test was completely unnecessary. I’ve been out of college for several years and don’t understand how a SAT style test can provide them with my job capabilities. I have been in my career for several years and my resume should have been judged instead of a test.   Answer Question

Data Entry Clerk Interview

Data Entry Clerk
Cheyenne, WY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at P2 Energy Solutions in February 2012.

Interview Details – I was told about the position from Labor Ready. I submitted my resume. I received a call and a meeting was set. I was hired for a short duration contract then the contract was extended, then the contract was fullfilled and ended. I was told from the beginning that only one person would be hired permantly.

Negotiation Details – It was discussed as a possibility, news from corporate was within days and the contract was signed and submitted.

Very Easy Interview

Contract Administrator Interview

Contract Administrator
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at P2 Energy Solutions in November 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted via email to take an online assessment test which frankly, had absolutely nothing to do with the position. After receiving a passing mark, I was contacted for an in person interview.

Upon showing up to the office, I was asked to retake the test because the company wanted to make sure that I didn't "cheat" on the assessment test taken at home. Why they couldn't just make me take one test at their office as opposed to one at their office and the same one at home leaves me clueless. Quite frankly, I found it insulting.

I met with two employers with the company and had a very good interview. I was comfortable with their personalities and impressed by their work experience. The only issue I had during the interview was the lack of questions, I was only asked three. In my opinion, that equated to them either not having me as their preferred candidate prior to my walking in the door or that they just were not very good interviewers.

Post interview, I was told by HR to expect a notification by the end of the week. During the interview, I was told that they would contact me the following Monday. Frankly, I don't think HR or the two I met had any idea when they were going to make a decision and was an immediate indication that neither were on the same page. In any event, I was rejected by email a week and a half later.

My overall experience was neutral. It certainly wasn't the best or the worst interview I have had.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Customer Representative Interview

Customer Representative
Denver, CO

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at P2 Energy Solutions in February 2012.

Interview Details – You're assigned an HR rep who answers all your questions and sends you a link for an IQ test online. It's a 2 hour long test with pattern recognition, word math problems, and personality test. The test was really difficult, but I passed and was asked for an interview. The interview was easy, but the interviewer made sure it lasted a full hour. The interviewer asked questions from a template and recorded very little. He asked some technical questions (which I wasn't able to answer) and we talked casually about the company and his experiences. I sent follow up thank you e-mails to my HR rep and interviewer. I called the HR rep weekly to see if I made the final cut. She said if I did, they would run a background check. However, I did not get the position (I didn't have the technical skills), but I was notified that a position I was more qualified for was opening soon.

P2 is notorious for long, drawn-out interview processes. Mine took over a month.

A few days to hear back after applying
1 week to schedule a preliminary phone interview
2 weeks to schedule a 1:1 interview
3 weeks to hear that I didn't receive the position
2 weeks for a background check (if I had received the position)

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you worked with a team member who wasn't pulling their full weight and how you reacted.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for P2 Energy Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

P2 Energy Solutions Photos

Glassdoor is your free inside look at P2 Energy Solutions interview questions and advice. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by P2 Energy Solutions employees and interview candidates.