P2 Energy Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

3.2

GIS Technician Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at P2 Energy Solutions.

Interview

Very basic, start with a phone interview and online assessment(personality test of sorts). The 1:1 interview is nothing to worry about, just standard inquiries into your past work history. You will also take another assessment at this interview.

Interview Questions

• how would you describe yourself....your past job experiences...your past managers   Answer Question

GIS Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at P2 Energy Solutions (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

I was contacted by their recruiter and applied online shortly after. I received a call the next day and they scheduled an appointment for the day after that. The process moved very quickly, and I was working there two weeks after initial contact.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very run of the mill interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate. The recruiter flat out refused to budge.

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at P2 Energy Solutions (Denver, CO).

Interview

I truly do not understand the assessment games an applicant is asked to complete. I applied, received a "thumbs up" to get to the next phase, and it was a test. One test you can complete fully, but the 2nd there is no possible way w/the time allowed anyone could complete. I'm sure P2 has a purpose, but as a potential candidate I learned nothing from the experience to understand why I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• nothing specific; just the 2nd there is no possible way w/the time allowed anyone could complete.   Answer Question

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at P2 Energy Solutions (Denver, CO) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied on line and a day later had a phone interview after taking the online assessment. After the phone interview an onsite interview was scheduled. I have yet to have the in person interview.

Software Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at P2 Energy Solutions (Denver, CO).

Interview

Took a really long time to hear from them after applying for job but once process started it moved fairly quickly.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at P2 Energy Solutions (Denver, CO).

Interview

Every person has to do and pass their assessment test. Then you meet a bunch of people with prescribed questions that dont allow for much more than just rapid fire and short answers.

Negotiation

They are not at all flexible. They start at low-ball and stay there.

Assessment Test/Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at P2 Energy Solutions (Houston, TX).

Interview

I applied and received a pre-scree test a few days later. Unfortunately I didn’t make it pass the pre-screen.

Interview Questions

• The pre-screen test was completely unnecessary. I’ve been out of college for several years and don’t understand how a SAT style test can provide them with my job capabilities. I have been in my career for several years and my resume should have been judged instead of a test.   Answer Question

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at P2 Energy Solutions (Denver, CO) in November 2012.

Interview

I was contacted via email to take an online assessment test which frankly, had absolutely nothing to do with the position. After receiving a passing mark, I was contacted for an in person interview. Upon showing up to the office, I was asked to retake the test because the company wanted to make sure that I didn't "cheat" on the assessment test taken at home. Why they couldn't just make me take one test at their office as opposed to one at their office and the same one at home leaves me clueless. Quite frankly, I found it insulting. I met with two employers with the company and had a very good interview. I was comfortable with their personalities and impressed by their work experience. The only issue I had during the interview was the lack of questions, I was only asked three. In my opinion, that equated to them either not having me as their preferred candidate prior to my walking in the door or that they just were not very good interviewers. Post interview, I was told by HR to expect a notification by the end of the week. During the interview, I was told that they would contact me the following Monday. Frankly, I don't think HR or the two I met had any idea when they were going to make a decision and was an immediate indication that neither were on the same page. In any event, I was rejected by email a week and a half later. My overall experience was neutral. It certainly wasn't the best or the worst interview I have had.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at P2 Energy Solutions (Houston, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

I just completed the assessment questionnaire and have to say quite frankly that its one of the most ridiculous questionnaires I've come across to date, especially for an entry level position. At one point, I felt like I was applying for NASA and their space shuttle program. I am not applying for an engineering position. I have an MBA and have applied to various other companies in the past. The IQ/Intelligence test as well as personality test were fine and quite the standard but then there are sections on graphic sequences and mechanical testing that caught me by surprise and have no relevance to the position according to the job description. All in all, if this is what P2 Energy puts all their applicants through, its an absolute waste of time in my opinion.

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at P2 Energy Solutions (Houston, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

Initially I applied online. After applying, I got the email within a week that I have to take a test which was from home itself. I took it and it was behavioral questions and aptitude. which took almost 1-2 hours to complete the test. Then there was a phone interview.After a week they called me for face to face interview. Before the F2F interview they conducted the aptitude test again on the site.(which was totally unnecessary ). If they are conducting the test on the site, then why the wasted my time before I really don't know!! After the F2F interview, one week later they called me again with for next round of interview with Manager. And after one or two days they called me again for aptitude test and I took the test third time! Then they did background check and sent me to take the drug and alcohol test. Everything went well and after 2 weeks I got the rejection e-mail.