P3 North America

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Test Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 months - interviewed at P3 North America in July 2011.

Interview Details – Very, very slow. It took 5 months to hear back after they initially got my resume, and gave me a phone screen. There were others with stories of having an interview, and then getting an offer 7 months later.

The actual interview is pretty standard. Phone screen, then a 'round 1' which will consist of (usually) 2 Employees giving you a 2 hour interview. Most of the interview is likely to be about generating small talk. They want to know they can work with you. Then there are a few white board questions. Expect to do some math on the fly. (Like, "how many blades of grass are in this city")

If you do well on that, and both employees recommend you, you may get called back for a 'round 2.' This will be with a member of management. There are only 2 purposes of this interview. To make sure you're not a total idiot, and to give you an offer.

Interview Question – The big 3 questions. There a list of questions to ask, and they may make up their own.
"Draw me a release plan for an auto part"
"How many razor blades are used in the state per day?"
Things like this.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – I ddin't get much. And didn't get much of a raise.

Like any other place today, get as much as you can at start, as you'll never get big raises.

Test Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at P3 North America.

Interview Details – I was contacted via phone by a recruiter about a resume I had posted up on Monster.com. After that, I was set up for an interview the following week.

So I arrived to my interview location and was warmly welcomed by two very nice but very non-California native people. I quickly learned that P3 is based in Troy, MI.

My interview was surprisingly with another candidate. This immediately threw me off and I immediately was intimidated by this situation. I was thinking to myself, "what is going on here?!" I was assured that this was not a competition between him and myself. Rather, we were both in consideration for two SEPARATE positions and our synergy had to be tested in this manner. OK?!?!

Needless to say, this was a very interesting method and I am told that this is no longer being practiced.

Interview Question – How many blades of grass are there in Troy, MI?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I named my price...luckily my hiring manager agreed straight away. However, I was surprised that only 90% was split off to be my base salary and the rest was going to be a variable based on goal achievements. Had I known, I would've asked for different numbers. Then again, I would have to revise my numbers still.

Engineer Interview

Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at P3 North America.

Interview Details – The hiring process is long. They keep you waiting in the wing. Although everyone was very polite and respectful, except for the person that called me to do the initial phone interview. She seemed to be a bit short with me and I got the impression that she didn't like her job.

Interview Question – Nothing was really that difficult   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – This was several months ago and I probably would have accepted this position, except, I didn't get the warm fuzzies from the in initial phone interview.

Very Easy Interview

Infotainment/Telematics Test Engineer Interview

Newport Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at P3 North America in November 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the recruiter about this position. It was a pre screening on the phone. Two weeks later, I got rejected.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Troy, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at P3 North America.

Interview Details – This was the most thorough interview process I've ever had (I had 32 this year, and 100s overall). 3 interviews, 6 hour total with multiple managers. I loved all of the tactful variety of questions, and appreciated the follow up before and after each interview by the recruiting team. When the offer was presented promptly after the 3rd interview, I knew that we both felt it would be a perfect fit for me. I could sense the people, culture and awesome work environment.

Interview Question – What is something you learned from a bad experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were very fair in negotiation, and I was impressed with the accomodations to my requests.

Test Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at P3 North America.

Interview Details – The interview was unique and interesting. It was also quite awkward in that I was paired up with another applicant for the interview. We were both interviewing for the same position. I understood that they were hiring more than one test engineers, but being paired up with a another candidate was somewhat disconcerting. I had to work with him and at the same time I knew that the one who had the lesser performance might get eliminated. The interview started with very general questions directed at each of us individually. It was interesting because we got to hear how the other candidate would respond as well. We were then given a team exercise to come up with a test process on how to test a client app. This was to test our ability to cooperate with each other to determine how well we would work in a team. It was to determine how well we could communicate with others as well. I must say it was a very unique experience to be interviewing with the other candidate and cooperating with him for the exercise.

Interview Question – All questions were fairly straightforward.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Better offer elsewhere

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for P3 North America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at P3 North America interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by P3 North America employees and interview candidates.