PA Consulting

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PA Consulting in February 2013.

Interview Details – I saw the Analyst job posting online and reached out to a 2nd degree connection on LinkedIn who worked in HR. She asked for my resume and we set up a 30-minute phone interview.

The 30-minute phone interview asked all the basic questions:

1. Tell me about yourself
2. What did you like most about your previous jobs?
3. What are some of your strengths?
4. Why should we hire you?

The two people I dealt with were very pleasant.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected or difficult questions in the 1st round.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PA Consulting in November 2011.

Interview Details – Very professional. They value self-motivating candidates.

Interview Question – Group case study was challenging.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They are open to negotiate with salary and location.

Princeton, NJ

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at PA Consulting in May 2008.

Interview Details – Initial Phone interview lasted for an hour. It consisted of basic HR questions like the below examples:
1) Describe your previous jobs
2) Give examples of how you handled a situation where your employer/advisor didn't agree to your opinion even though your were right and how did you tackle it
3)What did you like the most about your previous jobs?
4)What subject didnt you like the least?
5) What are your weakness?

On-site interview consisted on 3 one-one inteviews. Each person analysed various areas
eg; 1st person was the partner who analyzed my characted and interpersonal skills.
2nd person thoroughly checked my Technical skills based on my prior experience.
3rd person tested me with a case study to see how logical my thinking & Problem solving abilities were.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – yes.

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PA Consulting in October 2009.

Interview Details – 1st Round: On campus with an alumni working in the office. Very casual behavioral interview.
2nd Round: Assessment Day at the office. Small group of grad and undergrad candidates there. The day consisted of a one-on-one behavioral interview with a senior partner, a one on one case interview, group case interview and presentation, and verbal and numerical testing.

There was nothing unexpected or uncommonly difficult. The office is very relaxed. Oddly enough composed almost entirely of MIT and Georgetown grads.

Interview Questions

• Case study that required you to structure an ambiguous problem.   Answer Question
  • Group case that was very time sensitive and had an analytical component.   Answer Question

Washington, DC

The process took a day - interviewed at PA Consulting in October 2009.

Interview Details – Just a simple behavioral interview, no surprising questions. Mostly dealt with teamwork, how well you handle pressure, what motivates you, details about specific jobs on your resume.

Interview Question – What motivates you   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at PA Consulting in January 2007.

Interview Details – The process was very thorough and included:
1. 30 Minute quick-interview on College Campus - initial filter interview to review my qualifications and personality.

2. Interview day at company offices in New York - intense full day session that included breakfast and lunch, an introduction presentation to the company, and numerous interviews; interaction with fellow applicants was very interesting.
     a. Face-to-face interview with Manager-level - deeper questioning concerning qualifications, experience, and approach to challenges.
     b. Face-to-face case-study discussion with peer-level employee including direct case-study presentation - standard qualitative consulting case-study about new-product rollout and related strategies/approach.
     c. Group case-study exercise including group presentation - quantitative group-based case-study that required collaboration, calculation, division of labor, leadership, and a quick presentation; time-limit adds additional stress as does the fact that we were being monitored by a panel of current employees.
     d. Math-based and verbal-based skills tests - both were 45-minute tests; math focused on reading graphs, tables, and diagrams; verbal focused on clear communication and messaging.

3. Three final-stage interviews with Partner-level individuals at the company - each partner asked traditional experience-based questions and one brain-teaser/"how would you solve this" questions. One of the questions was: "What is more profitable for a New York City taxi: (1) to wander the streets of Manhattan picking up random passengers or (2) to only go between Manhattan and the local airports?"

Interview Questions

• What is more profitable for a New York City taxi: (1) to wander the streets of Manhattan picking up random passengers or (2) to only go between Manhattan and the local airports?   View Answer
  • How you would introduce a new product to the market?   View Answer
  • What was your greatest challenge in a team-based project and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
  • What was the most difficult quantitative problem you've solved?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was rather difficult to negotiate any sort of increase to the offer. HR is very capable and aware of current market compensation levels.

London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PA Consulting in August 2009.

Interview Details – First interview is with HR and you go through the general tests, which are pretty standard. HR were very friendly. Second interview was an assessment center with three other applicants. It was tough with a mix of challenges, both group and individual. You finish with an interview with a senior partner. Generally, very friendly people and a good experience.

Interview Question – You seem to have lived a very sheltered life. How will you handle travelling a great deal, working with difficult clients and possibly not having a great work-life balance?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was relatively straight forward as I was going in as a recent graduate so the process was standard and the benefits were the same pretty much across the board.

London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PA Consulting in August 2009.

Interview Details – 1. Phone interview. 2. Onsite interviews - technical and consulting. 3. Group exercise. 4. Math and verbal tests. 5. Partner interview.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

London, England (UK)

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PA Consulting in May 2010.

Interview Details – Started of with phone interview and several tests. Afterwards I went to a case interview and in the third round a partner interview.

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at PA Consulting in January 2008.

Interview Details – It was a very long interview process - well in excess a month. It started with a telephone interview with a HR person. Followed by an online intelligence test. Followed by three 1:1 interviews. Hr ensured that I was always up to date with the latest info so I knew where I stand in the process. But it was just too long of a process...

Interviews for Top Jobs at PA Consulting

Worked for PA Consulting? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PA Consulting Analyst interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by PA Consulting employees and interview candidates.