PA Consulting

3.5

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PA Consulting in November 2014.

Hiring & interview process was very fast - after an on-campus behavioral interview with a Principal, I was flown to Denver, CO 1-2 weeks later for the final round interviews.

Final rounds was very interesting
1. Starting with free lunch with the employees
2. A 4-man team group case interview (first time doing one)
3. 2 behavioral interviews (2 people each)
4. A 30-minute essay writeup (pretty abrupt, really startled me)
5. 2 more behavioral interviews (2-3 people each)

Then... voila! interviews are over. I thought it was pretty interesting, intense, but not as hard/meticulous as the traditional MBB ones.

I am about to go into the company, but I am I guess a little cautious about the company's culture (Global Energy & Utilities) - in most of the behavioral interviews, they seemed to constantly emphasize the point of long working hours, which may/may not indicate bad work-life balance. We will have to find out!

Not yet accepted.

Other Interview Reviews for PA Consulting

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PA Consulting in November 2014.

1. Resume Cut
    2. On-campus interview
    3. Online verbal and quantitative reasoning test
    4. On-site interview. 5 30 minute behavioral interviews incorporating assorted brain teasers and arithmetic calculations. 30 minute writing prompt. 60 minute group case interview - 45 minutes to work then 15 minutes to present.
    5. Phone interview with senior partners

Interview Questions
    • Group case interview. 8 consultants/partners watching you work on a group case. No interaction with PA staff were allowed until final questions following the 15 minute presentation.   View Answer
    Accepted offer as presented.

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at PA Consulting.

Interview process took way too long and interview format was very formal. Couldnt tell what their culture/personalities were like. Made it to the final interviewed and then accepeted another offer because i couldnt continue to wait

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PA Consulting in February 2013.

I saw the Analyst job posting online and reached out to a 2nd degree connection on LinkedIn who worked in HR. She asked for my resume and we set up a 30-minute phone interview.

The 30-minute phone interview asked all the basic questions:

1. Tell me about yourself
    2. What did you like most about your previous jobs?
    3. What are some of your strengths?
    4. Why should we hire you?

The two people I dealt with were very pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected or difficult questions in the 1st round.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PA Consulting in November 2011.

Very professional. They value self-motivating candidates.

Interview Questions
    They are open to negotiate with salary and location.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took a dayinterviewed at PA Consulting in October 2009.

Just a simple behavioral interview, no surprising questions. Mostly dealt with teamwork, how well you handle pressure, what motivates you, details about specific jobs on your resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at PA Consulting in October 2009.

1st Round: On campus with an alumni working in the office. Very casual behavioral interview.
    2nd Round: Assessment Day at the office. Small group of grad and undergrad candidates there. The day consisted of a one-on-one behavioral interview with a senior partner, a one on one case interview, group case interview and presentation, and verbal and numerical testing.

There was nothing unexpected or uncommonly difficult. The office is very relaxed. Oddly enough composed almost entirely of MIT and Georgetown grads.

Interview Questions
    • Case study that required you to structure an ambiguous problem.   Answer Question
    • Group case that was very time sensitive and had an analytical component.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PA Consulting in May 2008.

Initial Phone interview lasted for an hour. It consisted of basic HR questions like the below examples:
    1) Describe your previous jobs
    3)What did you like the most about your previous jobs?
    4)What subject didnt you like the least?
    5) What are your weakness?

On-site interview consisted on 3 one-one inteviews. Each person analysed various areas
    eg; 1st person was the partner who analyzed my characted and interpersonal skills.
    2nd person thoroughly checked my Technical skills based on my prior experience.
    3rd person tested me with a case study to see how logical my thinking & Problem solving abilities were.

Interview Questions
    • 1) Describe your previous jobs   Answer Question
    • 2) Give examples of how you handled a situation where your employer/advisor didn't agree to your opinion even though your were right and how did you tackle it   Answer Question
    • 3)What did you like the most about your previous jobs?   Answer Question
    • 4)What subject didnt you like the least?   Answer Question
    • 5) What are your weakness?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at PA Consulting in January 2007.

The process was very thorough and included:
    1. 30 Minute quick-interview on College Campus - initial filter interview to review my qualifications and personality.

2. Interview day at company offices in New York - intense full day session that included breakfast and lunch, an introduction presentation to the company, and numerous interviews; interaction with fellow applicants was very interesting.
         a. Face-to-face interview with Manager-level - deeper questioning concerning qualifications, experience, and approach to challenges.
         b. Face-to-face case-study discussion with peer-level employee including direct case-study presentation - standard qualitative consulting case-study about new-product rollout and related strategies/approach.
         c. Group case-study exercise including group presentation - quantitative group-based case-study that required collaboration, calculation, division of labor, leadership, and a quick presentation; time-limit adds additional stress as does the fact that we were being monitored by a panel of current employees.
         d. Math-based and verbal-based skills tests - both were 45-minute tests; math focused on reading graphs, tables, and diagrams; verbal focused on clear communication and messaging.

3. Three final-stage interviews with Partner-level individuals at the company - each partner asked traditional experience-based questions and one brain-teaser/"how would you solve this" questions. One of the questions was: "What is more profitable for a New York City taxi: (1) to wander the streets of Manhattan picking up random passengers or (2) to only go between Manhattan and the local airports?"

Interview Questions
    • What is more profitable for a New York City taxi: (1) to wander the streets of Manhattan picking up random passengers or (2) to only go between Manhattan and the local airports?   View Answer
    • How you would introduce a new product to the market?   View Answer
    • What was your greatest challenge in a team-based project and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What was the most difficult quantitative problem you've solved?   Answer Question
    It was rather difficult to negotiate any sort of increase to the offer. HR is very capable and aware of current market compensation levels.

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PA Consulting in January 2015.

Applied online with both numerical and comprehension psychomimetic tests online. Then had a telephone interview with the normal competency based questions. They said they would get back to me the next day with the result but I had to email them 2 days later to ask whether I'd got through. I had and got invited to a Life Sciences Analyst Assessment Day which I have to say was very well run with 5 other applicants. Had a lovely interview then a case study and group exercise.

Interview Questions
    • The legal implications of storing medical records on the cloud.   Answer Question