PA Consulting

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Receptionist/Administrative Assistant Interview

Receptionist/Administrative Assistant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PA Consulting in June 2011.

Interview Details – Initial contact was very structured and well planned. The face to face interview did not give me the impression that this role would be challenging.

Interview Question – Very easy interview given the lack of work in the position.   Answer Question

Consulting Analyst Interview

Consulting Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PA Consulting.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview 1-2 weeks after applying online, talked to HR manager, 30 to 45 min long. Questions asked are standard, culture, my resume, location, pay. 1 week later had 1 more phone interview with principal consultant. It was standard behavior interview, mostly about my resume. Then flied to NYC for onsite. 3 session, 1st group discussion with 2 other candidates, then 2 sessions with 2 employees, 1 at a time.

Interview Question – Tell me about big data   Answer Question

Consultant Analyst Interview

Consultant Analyst
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PA Consulting in September 2013.

Interview Details – After initial 30 min campus interview, was selected as one of two candidates to continue to second round from roughly 30 others from a target school. Initial interview was largely behavioral, standard interview with an emphasis on analytical experience.
Computer based logic and quant test in the interim was, I thought quite challenging but doable.
Actual interview was one day, three rounds. One behavioral, one case and one group case. The individual case was not a situation where you work through and ask questions of the interviewer to arrive at a solution. Rather the interviewer essentially sat while you read over a large problem, mostly qualitative problem. After 30-45 min you presented your case and how to proceed based on logic in several different areas (no figures were given for this).
Finally the group case was closer to a standard case although pretty complicated for a 45 min time constraint.

Interview Question – How would you proceed on the war on drugs given x, y, z conditions?   Answer Question

Analyst- Energy Capital Markets Practice Interview

Analyst- Energy Capital Markets Practice

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PA Consulting.

Interview Details – I got this interview through career services at my university. The interviewers were very friendly and gave good answers to the questions I had for them.

Interview Question – Not so much difficult as unexpected - he wrote down 4 2's on a piece of paper and asked what you could do with them to make the largest number.   View Answer

Managing Consultant Interview

Managing Consultant

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PA Consulting.

Interview Details – PA prides itself on interviewing but the process is so overly complex and burdened by 60's era psychobabble testing (like Belbin and Meyers Briggs) that the whole thing comes off as farce. The sad thing is NONE of these psych considerations are actually used during your job. They make a big deal of saying "everyone is unique and contributes to the team in special ways" --- but then they evaluate everybody on the exact same criteria of utilization for junior staff and utilization + sales for senior staff. The rest is pure window dressing.

Interview Question – How to share sales credit across your team.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it.

Analyst Interview

Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PA Consulting in February 2013.

Interview Details – I saw the Analyst job posting online and reached out to a 2nd degree connection on LinkedIn who worked in HR. She asked for my resume and we set up a 30-minute phone interview.

The 30-minute phone interview asked all the basic questions:

1. Tell me about yourself
2. What did you like most about your previous jobs?
3. What are some of your strengths?
4. Why should we hire you?

The two people I dealt with were very pleasant.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected or difficult questions in the 1st round.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PA Consulting in November 2011.

Interview Details – Very professional. They value self-motivating candidates.

Interview Question – Group case study was challenging.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They are open to negotiate with salary and location.

PA Consulting Group Interview

PA Consulting Group

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at PA Consulting.

Interview Details – Very professional interview process that offers transparency to candidates, although took a long time

Interview Question – mostly behavior interviews   Answer Question

Bookkeeper Interview

Bookkeeper
Boston, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at PA Consulting in January 2012.

Interview Details – First the financial controller asked me some questions in my resume, it went well. Then comes out the corporate controllers, asking more details about my resume.

Interview Question – Tell me more about your internships   Answer Question

PR Manager Interview

PR Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at PA Consulting in March 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process is long; it took over 5 months. In the final interview, I interviewed with 3 people and had to make a presentation on my strategy for the role. I also had to take a analytics and verbal assessment test. The people were all very focused, intelligent and passionate about their roles. The culture was somewhat staid but a few were very keen on changing that.

Interview Question – What makes you different from all other candidates we're speaking with?   Answer Question

Worked for PA Consulting? Contribute to the Community!