PA Consulting Interview Questions in London, England

3.6

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PA Consulting in October 2013.

Process very neat and communicated well. Initial interview was with HR. Standard questions like why do you want to leave current job, why PA, area of expertise, current salary and salary expectations etc. Then there was an online test - maths, logical reasoning and psychology questions. These are tough if you are not used to solving these questions. After passing the online tests, there was an interview with Managing Consultant followed by a 30 min exercise where I was given an technical article and was asked to summarize it and give my opinion on the article. Next stage was interview with a Partner. It was a case study based role play followed by normal interview. Last stage was interview with a senior partner. Overall took 2+ months.

Interview Questions
    • Difficult questions were asked during role play based case study. Presence of mind is important as well.   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation as they matched my expectations. Salary expectations were made clear at the start. Good thing is that salary is just the start and the opp for upside on the bonuses is unlimited. Very happy with overall compensation.

Consultant Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PA Consulting.

There were 4 interview rounds and during the process they specified that MBA candidates would come in at Consultant Analyst or Consultant. In the end they made me a laughable offer for Analyst at 29k a year even with my MBA! They also make you pay over 2k to their lawyers to process your visa. You essentially have to pay them to work there and then you get a crap salary. I rejected the offer and will never look back!

Interview Questions
    • on round 2 I was asked about bond pricing which had no relevance to the role but rather to the person interviewing me's previous job - it was strange.   Answer Question

salary was terribly low and disrespectful!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PA Consulting in April 2013.

The process started with a phone interview, This wasn't about the content of the job, it was more career history and knowledge of and interest in the company and specific teams.
    It was followed by an assessment centre, this had a large number of candidates of a range of experiences, which was interesting. Case studies and a group exercise and presentation formed most of the night.

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PA Consulting in February 2013.

Numeracy and Verbal reasoning test. First round telephone interview, second round interview with Managing consultant. Third round presentation to partner and partner interview. Partner was not an expert in the business area and had not taken time to read my cv.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most useful piece of client feedback you have received?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at PA Consulting in January 2013.

Very involved process, starting with two online tests, then a phone interview, case study, assessment day and final partner interview. This took six weeks, three trips to their offices and was very drawn out (about five of the weeks were just waiting).

Despite having two mathematics degrees, the online numeracy test was still required. The case study was fairly straightforward and fairly enjoyable, as was the assessment day, though the group task suffered from being overly artificial (though they always are).

The partner was late for the final interview, and so cut the time down to 45 minutes. Feedback from this stage seemed rather picky and wasn't at all constructive. 'The partner didn't like your body language'.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a customer who has come to you to answer the wrong question?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PA Consulting in January 2013.

First stage was telephone interview, they asked standard questions like why do you want to apply to PA? why consulting? Why do you want to leave your current job? etc.

Next stage was the assessment centre. The first part was the presentation. You are given 20 minutes to read a brief about 3 IT projects which the hospital wants to invest in. You then have to decide which one is the best, and write out your thoughts on a whiteboard. This basically tests your presentation skills. For advice I would say it is important to plan your presentation and work out what you want to say beforehand, and also try to be clear and concise.

The second part was the interview, this is basically an extension of the telephone interview, so make sure you undetstand your CV and look up standard interview questions.

The third part was the group excercise. This was where a Music store chain is struggling, and you have to help them turn a profit. This is bascially trying to undetstand how you work in a team. It is best to not be too aggressive but to make your point accross. You willalso be asked questions by the interviewers afterwards, so its important to look interested - body language is important here.

Shared Services and Outsourcing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PA Consulting in December 2012.

The only stage that I have got to is the assessment center. Thus I will break down the telephone interview:

Two element: (1) Motivation for PA and motivation for Management Consultancy
    (2) Competency based questions

questions you will likely face: why PA? Tell me about you and why consultancy?
    Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Competency were challenging? name a time stuff... when you have lead a group, a situation that you would have changed, how and why?

Salary expectations

Interview Questions
    • when have you influenced someone in a position of power above you to achieve an objective, did they have any objections? what were they? how did you overcome them and what were the implications.   Answer Question
    ONLy through to Assessment center

Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PA Consulting in October 2012.

Very well organized interview process.
    3 phases; telephone, assessment day, head of practice interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at PA Consulting.

Testing but not too difficult verbal and numerical reasoning exams. Psychometric profiling exam. Bog standard HR interview. Final round was a not uninteresting or unchallenging day long group assessment consisting of various technical/commerical/strategic sessions with in house consultants and partners. Psychometric profiling was in my opinion interesting but I believe it may play a bigger part than the firm advertise, which is fair enough really.

Interview Questions
    • We were informed that the group interview was not competitive - there were as many roles available as candidates the approved of.   Answer Question

Consultant Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at PA Consulting in January 2012.

(1) PAPI personality test (20 mins) - Online, 100 questions on strongly agree to strongly disagree scale.
    (2) Skills tests - Online, 2 tests: verbal reasoning (20 mins) and mathematical analysis (20 mins).
    (3) HR phone interview (30 mins) - Basic questions on CV, role motivation, knowledge of company.
    (4) Technical phone interview (30 mins) - Some basic software concepts, and harder systems design/debugging question.
    (5) Assessment centre (1 day) - Further HR interview, presentation, technical interview, group exercise.
    (6) Partner interview (1 hour) - Probably only get this if you are going to be made an offer. General chat about your career goals and where you might fit in, a chance to ask any final questions.

Interview Questions
    • Technical interviews just keep asking why you would design a system a particular way. Why, why, why...! Basically, you need to know your stuff.   Answer Question

Friendly people, and seemed like some interesting work, but company direction and strategy wasn't clear. Also, the contract had no base working hours specified - I got the feeling I was going to be working very long hours.