PA Consulting Interview Questions in United States

Updated Oct 18, 2014

3.4

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at PA Consulting.

Interview process took way too long and interview format was very formal. Couldnt tell what their culture/personalities were like. Made it to the final interviewed and then accepeted another offer because i couldnt continue to wait

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PA Consulting.

Had a phone interview 1-2 weeks after applying online, talked to HR manager, 30 to 45 min long. Questions asked are standard, culture, my resume, location, pay. 1 week later had 1 more phone interview with principal consultant. It was standard behavior interview, mostly about my resume. Then flied to NYC for onsite. 3 session, 1st group discussion with 2 other candidates, then 2 sessions with 2 employees, 1 at a time.

Analyst- Energy Capital Markets Practice Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at PA Consulting.

I got this interview through career services at my university. The interviewers were very friendly and gave good answers to the questions I had for them.

Interview Questions
    • Not so much difficult as unexpected - he wrote down 4 2's on a piece of paper and asked what you could do with them to make the largest number.   View Answers (6)

Managing Consultant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PA Consulting.

PA prides itself on interviewing but the process is so overly complex and burdened by 60's era psychobabble testing (like Belbin and Meyers Briggs) that the whole thing comes off as farce. The sad thing is NONE of these psych considerations are actually used during your job. They make a big deal of saying "everyone is unique and contributes to the team in special ways" --- but then they evaluate everybody on the exact same criteria of utilization for junior staff and utilization + sales for senior staff. The rest is pure window dressing.

Interview Questions
    • How to share sales credit across your team.   View Answer
    Take it or leave it.

Consultant Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PA Consulting in September 2013.

After initial 30 min campus interview, was selected as one of two candidates to continue to second round from roughly 30 others from a target school. Initial interview was largely behavioral, standard interview with an emphasis on analytical experience.
    Computer based logic and quant test in the interim was, I thought quite challenging but doable.
    Actual interview was one day, three rounds. One behavioral, one case and one group case. The individual case was not a situation where you work through and ask questions of the interviewer to arrive at a solution. Rather the interviewer essentially sat while you read over a large problem, mostly qualitative problem. After 30-45 min you presented your case and how to proceed based on logic in several different areas (no figures were given for this).
    Finally the group case was closer to a standard case although pretty complicated for a 45 min time constraint.

Interview Questions
    • How would you proceed on the war on drugs given x, y, z conditions?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PA Consulting in February 2013.

I saw the Analyst job posting online and reached out to a 2nd degree connection on LinkedIn who worked in HR. She asked for my resume and we set up a 30-minute phone interview.

The 30-minute phone interview asked all the basic questions:

1. Tell me about yourself
    2. What did you like most about your previous jobs?
    3. What are some of your strengths?
    4. Why should we hire you?

The two people I dealt with were very pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected or difficult questions in the 1st round.   Answer Question

PA Consulting Group Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PA Consulting.

Very professional interview process that offers transparency to candidates, although took a long time

Bookkeeper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at PA Consulting in January 2012.

First the financial controller asked me some questions in my resume, it went well. Then comes out the corporate controllers, asking more details about my resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PA Consulting in November 2011.

Very professional. They value self-motivating candidates.

Interview Questions
    They are open to negotiate with salary and location.

Receptionist/Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PA Consulting in June 2011.

Initial contact was very structured and well planned. The face to face interview did not give me the impression that this role would be challenging.

Interview Questions
    • Very easy interview given the lack of work in the position.   Answer Question