PA Department Public Welfare Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2015

Interviews for Top Jobs at PA Department Public Welfare

Income Maintenance Caseworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chester, PA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at PA Department Public Welfare (Chester, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Interviewed for Delco's Chester CAO. Cordial HR representatives took my paperwork, checked it, then gave an outline of the interview to following. I was taken into a room and seated in front of very young looking (they looked as if they were interns) male and female couple who asked me to read the 3 questions on the paper in front of me and to let them know when I was through. Once I told them I was finished, they took turns asking me each of those questions and writing down my answers. Hardly any interaction or eye contact. Once finished with the 3 interview questions, they asked me if I had any questions for them, and quickly answered my couple of queries. After they asked me once more if I had any further questions for them, the young woman got up from the bench and showed me the door. All in all it was less than 15 minutes. Very cold and non-personal.

Interview Questions

• Describe your worst customer service experience? Do you acknowledge and accept criticism for your mistakes?   Answer Question

Income Maintenance Caseworker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PA Department Public Welfare (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Hiring process very easy. In philadelphia county there is no real interview. You score high enough you will get called. If your references pan out your in. They will call you in and call it an interview however all you do is complete paperwork and they make sure everything is filled out correctly. Then they call you after that with an orientation start date and offer.

Negotiation

no negotion, everyone starts at same level.

Income Maintenancve Case Worker Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PA Department Public Welfare.

Interview

Step 1 - take the civil service test. Step 2 - receive a letter in the mail or a phone call to setup an interview. Step 3 - interview will consist of a 3 person interviewing panel. All answers will be recorded and a points system will be used to grade your responses. An offer of employment will come from the office you interviewed in.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you found yourself in and how did you come away from it?   Answer Question

IMCW Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Interview

If you score in a high enough range on the Civil Service test, you will get to be interviewed by 1 to 3 supervisors from the office you applied to work in. They will ask you a set of questions, but otherwise not talk to you during the interview. You can take your time to answer these questions completely.

Interview Questions

• They are pretty standard questions involving interoffice dealings and work management.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is none. State workers have standard salaries and benefits.

Security Officer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Castle, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at PA Department Public Welfare (New Castle, PA) in June 2011.

Interview

Take Civil Service test. interview is basic security / safety questions and board takes notes while you talk

Interview Questions

• questions change basic questions what would you do if you saw a fire, found an open door, etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

Union position. Hr was great process takes time for clearances, tb test, medical exam

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at PA Department Public Welfare in June 2012.

Interview

Asked 5 questions that were given to me right before the interview. Interviewers don't interact with you and write everything you say.