PACCAR Interview Questions

Updated Aug 5, 2014
Updated Aug 5, 2014

2.7

Systems Analyst Interview

Every 45 minutes a new group of 4 to 6 people would sit down in a conference room to ask me questions. Most of the people who interviewed me really had nothing to ask, so i had to answer riddles, and problem-solving questions. I might have answered 1 or 2 relevant questions about the job for which I was interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • "If you could be any animal, what animal would you be?"   View Answer
    Not too hard to get what i wanted. Advice for others, whatever they ask for, they're low-balling you by $10K.

Powertrain Calibration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mount Vernon, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Vernon, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PACCAR.

Completed an online application. After roughly a week I contacted HR to confirm they had received my application, and inquire when they would be conducting interviews for the position. HR representative replied the next day that my application had been passed along to the hiring manager for that department, and I would be contacted if they were interested in interviewing me. Roughly 1 week later received a phone call from HR to schedule an on-site interview. Interview was scheduled for the following week.
    Interview began with HR representative. Consisted primarily of standard behavioral questions, as well as a few questions regarding my resume. Lasted approximately 30 minutes.
    From there I was introduced to the hiring manager for the department. He had clearly reviewed my resume ahead of time, and had some questions regarding prior projects and course work. Asked 3 or 4 technical questions pertaining to prior projects I have worked on, and then gave me and opportunity to ask questions regarding PACCAR and projects they were working on. This portion lasted approximately 1 hour.
    Overall, a very comfortable feel to the interview. Both portions had the feeling of a discussion, rather than an interrogation.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. The hiring manager asked for more technical details regarding the projects I listed on my application.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Pay is set for interns. I quickly accepted the offer.

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at PACCAR.

Applied online, received an email to come in for an in-person interview at the Bellevue location. Their in-person interview is a full day event. You can potentially have one on one interviews with 2+ managers throughout the day. PACCAR supplies breakfast and lunch options with chances to network with other managers. Managers each hire one intern for the summer and all hail from different groups within PACCAR's Supply Chain department. Overall it was a great experience. You get to meet other college students and get a better understanding of PACCAR's business model.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something about you that I wouldn't find on your resume.   Answer Question

Received an offer from another company with better pay and a more relaxed culture. PACCAR's Bellevue location is a suit and tie type of culture, which is rather at odds with the other major companies in Bellevue (Microsoft, Expedia, various software companies) who nurture a more business casual work attire culture.

Distribution Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PACCAR in October 2012.

The hiring process was a little intense for a warehouse position. But it was fairly easy though.Phone interview, background check and group interview. Fairly typical in the times of today. I would say that the interviewers were pleasant and I enjoyed the challenge.

Set base salary

Financial Managmeent Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PACCAR in March 2014.

1: Phone interview w/ director of HR. General background, interests, goals, etc. Very quick response and I was impressed with open-mindedness.
    2: Invitation to interview came 6 weeks later. I asked how flexible start-date was as my wife was pregnant and due around the start-time. Basically, the director of HR said the start-date was inflexible and the work was not a good mix with family obligations. I found this to be rude and possibly illegal. Regardless, it was a major red flag.

MBA Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online - interviewed at PACCAR.

I was contacted for a phone screen. The interviewer had to cancel the first day and time that we set up. We rescheduled for a new day and time. The interviewer planned to call me. About fifteen minutes into the new rescheduled time, I still had not heard from the interviewer. I called the interviewer, and it was obvious that the interviewer had forgotten we rescheduled. Pretty unprofessional.

I was invited to the Bellevue, WA corporate headquarters to interview. Instead of scheduling my flights like any other company, the interviewer put scheduling in my lap. I would recommend building a lot of time into your return flights. The company added two people to my initial interview schedule. During the interviews, I was watching the time so I would not miss my return flight and mentioned flight to a few interviewers. The company actually PENALIZED me during interviews for being responsible and doing this. I am sure they were going to be really happy if they had to pay for me to take a different return flight home.

If you are looking for diversity, look somewhere else. Every manager that I spoke to was a middle-aged white male. All of the women that I interacted with were either in HR or were administrative assistants. The only minority that I saw was working the security desk.

The managers I spoke to asked zero behavioral interview questions. There was no coordination between the managers, so they all asked the exact same questions. Most of the managers I spoke to were pretty unfriendly. One manager was actually sitting there reading my resume during the interview, so it was obvious he put zero preparation into it.

I will be interested to see how the company performs going forward. Just read all the horrible reviews about them on here. Also google “PACCAR SEC complaint” to read about some of their accounting issues with the SEC.

I can't see a lot of young talent wanting to work at a company that requires suits for men and stockings for women. They also ban facial hair. There are other companies like Microsoft, Amazon, and Boeing in the surrounding area.

Business Technology Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PACCAR.

I recently interviewed with Paccar and was very impressed! The interview process was comprehensive and thoughtful, affording me opportunities to meet with key business partners, leadership, and peers. I was also able to meet my hiring director and a potential peer in a less formal environment for coffee and lunch. Overall, I was very impressed with the Paccar team and this was, by far, my best interview experience. They took the time to get to know me and gave me opportunities to get to know Paccar as well. I went into the interviews with concerns resulting from negative feedback I had reviewed on glassdoor, so openly explored my concerns during the interviews and found the Paccar team very open to the discussions and honest in their responses.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were fairly standard questions exploring my skills and experience and digging into specific experiences that related to the role I had applied for.   Answer Question

I accepted another job offer which was in better alignment with my long term goals. It was hard for me to decline, however, as the interview team was great and I felt it was also a good opportunity.

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PACCAR.

I met the recruiters at a the UW career fair, and they followed up with an email asking for a phone interview. Because the managers were quite busy, I had the first round with the higher ups (2 people) who were really nice, standard PACCAR questions you can find on the internet (I found out later). They asked for writing samples, which I gave them the following Monday, and was contacted 3 days later by the HR person. But for the second round the HR person were quite pushy and asked for a phone interview during my case competition/finals week despite the fact I told her I didn't have time that week, and I didn't do so well that round - still similar questions, and later the guy told me it was because he had to travel the following week (still 2 people interview). I was told I would get a notification 2 or 3 weeks after, but I never heard anything back, despite following up with them.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kirkland, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PACCAR in January 2012.

1 is project manager and 1 is supervisor.

Lease Accountant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at PACCAR in February 2014.

HR reached out initially and scheduled a phone 30 minute phone interview. The phone interview included general questions about my background. Also asked about why I wanted to work for the company and why that position seemed like a good fit. Then got called in for a first round in person interview which was with two people for 30 minutes each.

Interview Questions
    • Mainly questions about background and some general behavioral questions including top three strengths and top three areas of improvement. Wasn't asked any technical questions.   Answer Question

Worked for PACCAR? Contribute to the Community!