PACCAR

52 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Design Engineer Interview

Kirkland, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PACCAR in January 2012.

Interview Details – 1 is project manager and 1 is supervisor.

Interview Question – Asking about circuit in cars' dashboard.   Answer Question

Lease Accountant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at PACCAR in February 2014.

Interview Details – HR reached out initially and scheduled a phone 30 minute phone interview. The phone interview included general questions about my background. Also asked about why I wanted to work for the company and why that position seemed like a good fit. Then got called in for a first round in person interview which was with two people for 30 minutes each.

Interview Question – Mainly questions about background and some general behavioral questions including top three strengths and top three areas of improvement. Wasn't asked any technical questions.   Answer Question

Senior Litigation Specialist Interview

Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at PACCAR in September 2013.

Interview Details – Traditional questions - why do you want to work here? Why do you think you are suited to this job? What kind of things have you done? Do you think you can do this job? What are your plans for the next 5 years?

Interview Question – Do you prefer to work with introverts or extroverts?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was little negotiated.

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer
Kirkland, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PACCAR in September 2011.

Interview Details – Online application generated a phone call the following day. Phone interview scheduled within the week. Paid travel to interview. Interview was with a group of 4-5 supervisors and the HR rep. Mostly very easy and predictable interview questions. After job offer, a drug test was required for no apparent reason.

Interview Question – Almost all the questions were of the 'talk about your experience' and 'what do you want to do' variety. The one technical 'math problem' type question at the end caught me off-guard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Vacation is not negotiable. Salary has a little room to move.

Not Disclosed Interview

Interviewed at PACCAR

Interview Details – Too many people want to interview - should be an indicator of how micromanaged this company is

Interview Question – Nothing to difficult and different divisions will have very different interview styles   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Can't negotiate any of the benefits

Very Easy Interview

Associate Software Developer Interview

Associate Software Developer
Renton, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PACCAR in December 2010.

Interview Details – Received a phone call to interview on campus - there was no phone interview. The interview was a panel interview with 5 of my would-be peers, and the manager. They all asked various questions, most of which asked for definitions of "everybody should know" software development terms. There was a "what would you do in this situation" question regarding support. After the panel interview, I was called in for a 1:1 with the manager. They asked some personality questions and then I was sent upstairs to have a 1:1 with the director. More personality questions, and a few days later I received an offer. I'm giving this a negative rating only because I think it is a terrible way to interview if you're looking for a competent software developer.

Interview Question – All questions were easy but this one stuck out as kind of odd. I was shown a piece of paper with 2 blocks of markup. I was asked to identify what each of them was.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate as I was young and naive. My suggestion is to negotiate if you feel like you deserve more. Treat any promise like you would a promise given by a used car dealer. Make sure everything is on paper.

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Senior Design Engineer
Kirkland, WA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at PACCAR.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume through email. PACCAR does not have scanning software they currently go through resumes one by one.

I arrived in a full suit aware of PACCAR's strict business policy. 2 people interviewed me the section manager and the HR manager.

Interview Question – I had a statics mathematical question that I had to answer and explain my thought process at the same time.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – PACCAR does not negotiate salaries for lower level employees.

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst
Renton, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PACCAR in February 2012.

Interview Details – Initial contact via phone for screening. Interview in person with the department manager and 2 people from the department. The manager gave the get to know you questions, asked about background and education. The technical questions came from the analysts within the group to gauge knowledge and experience. To her credit this particular manager was very technically savvy though.

Interview Question – They tend to ask the "tell me about a time when" questions looking for technical answers. And asking around how one would deal with an example situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, the salary offered was acceptable. I am aware of other offers including signing bonuses. They will negotiate for the right person.

Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at PACCAR in December 2010.

Interview Details – questions were often vague and not connected to the position applying for.

Interview Question – What Advice would you give to a new hire coming into a somewhat autocratic environment?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no. vacation was automatic....had 20+ years only got 2 weeks....

Intern Interview

Kirkland, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PACCAR in January 2012.

Interview Details – Saw Kenworth/Paccar at a career fair at my university. Followed up with HR and applied online for an engineering internship position. No phone interview. Only onsite interview with a group of various engineers from different departments. Rather difficult questions mostly about my extra-curricular activities and clubs. Offered the job about a week later with good email communication in between.

Interview Question – Describe the most difficult repair you have done on your car. What you would say to the engineer that designed that part or section of the car? Would you have designed it differently?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Took what I could get as a first internship.

Interviews for Top Jobs at PACCAR

Worked for PACCAR? Contribute to the Community!

PACCAR – Why Work for Us?

PACCAR invests in new opportunities, enhances employee experiences and advances its technology to exceed expectations. PACCAR has more than 100 years of experience as a global technology leader in the design… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PACCAR interview questions and advice. All 52 interview reviews posted anonymously by PACCAR employees and interview candidates.