PACCAR

2.8

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at PACCAR in February 2015.

Applied through the company website and two days later got a call from the recruiter. We scheduled a 30-minute phone interview and mainly talked about past experience, study and skills, why PACCAR and this position. I did a lot of company research on PACCAR and talked about how I love the manufacturing industry and supply chain. I also focused on my technical skills which are a plus to this posistion,

Accounting Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PACCAR in February 2015.

Only made it to the phone interview. Mostly behavioral questions, the only technical one was asking what I could do with Excel. My particular interviewer was sweet and didn't try to make the interview too hard on me. If they had offered me the internship, I would have liked to accept (based on what I learned from the phone interview).

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PACCAR.

The interview consisted of three 30 minute interviews with three analysts and two hiring managers. They gave an excel test (pivot tables, vlookup, line graph creation) and an access test but didn't really ask any finance questions.

Interview Questions
    • It was surprising that they asked no questions about finance - they were simply looking for someone who has strong excel and access proficiency.   Answer Question

Accounting Summer Interview

I applied through glassdoor and the recruiter contacted me to schedule a phone internview the next day. Phone interview went smoothly, just basic behavioral questions. But the connection was really bad. I had to ask the recruiter to repeat herself fro several questions.

Interview Questions
    • basic questions like why Paccar, why this position, any difficulties in your project, what courses are helpful for the position, expected salary.   Answer Question

Pricing Manager Interview

good communications and help from the hr teams. good schedule was published to help me identify who I was interviewing with. up-front about the culture and pay. the process can be slow, but for some it can be fast.

ERS Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PACCAR in November 2014.

Efficient and thorough, First started with a phone call, well several calls and although there were extensive questions about experience, skills, and goals there were also questions about what I was seeking personally as life goals. I was offered a different position where it became much more clear after i was hired that it was because it was most needed of help. No chart of accounts nor time to complete HR training and required materials.

Interview Questions
    • Efficient and also caring as to the needs/wants of the applicant.   View Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Vernon, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Vernon, WA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PACCAR.

Initial communication was an email from the hiring manager. This was followed by a phone interview that lasted about 1 hour. A number of basic engineering questions were asked like to describe a monotonic stress-strain curve. A week or so after the phone interview I was invited for an on-site interview. That was INTENSE. Several 1:1 sessions with managers, a presentation to a large group, lunch with the group I'd be working with, then more 1:1 sessions with managers. Took pretty much all day. After the onsite interview it was a couple weeks until I got a phone call with a verbal offer which was followed up later that same day with a written offer.

Interview Questions
    • They ask everyone at that location to give a presentation. However, there is ZERO direction on what they want you to present. It seems to be designed to see how you are able to tailor an open-ended presentation topic to the audience and gauge your ability to communicate.   View Answer
    I had been unemployed for many months so I didn't negotiate, though in retrospect I should have at least tried for a bit more salary.

Electrical Design Engineer Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at PACCAR.

Got an email from the HR to schedule an on-site interview. Had two engineering managers interview me. The process was straight-forward yet traditional. They had a sheet of questionnaires to ask from the interviewee, so they pretty much just read off of the the questions from the paper. There's minimal personal connection established during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Given a simple diagram with a relay switch, what's the size of the wire supposed to be.   View Answer

Engine Test Engineer Interview

I got interview offer from on campus job fair and was called in for a general interview. I was interviewed by 2 people. 1 was HR who did not ask me any question but was just observing me. How I answer and how my body language is. Another person was Senior engineer who asked me all types of in depth technical questions. Apparently there strategy was to make interviewing person uncomfortable with difficult questions and observe how they react. So be calm. Its a tricky interview.

Interview Questions
    • How many valves does this particular engine have? What is the arrangement? Why they are arranged like this?   Answer Question

Administrative Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I was in communication for about a month until we confirmed a meeting time. I did a phone interview and passed and then came in and interviewed with two managers, both of whom were very nice. About 30 minutes each with standard questions about the position and my qualifications. Nothing really unusual about it, the company has a very strict dress code and lots of company policies, but also perks like a free gym on site and free parking. After the interview they followed up a few weeks after to let me know they found someone else. They filled the position from within. I would say it was a slower process, the duration of it was about 8 weeks. The company did seem to have quite a bit of internal opportunities.