PACCAR

Updated Dec 12, 2014
Updated Dec 12, 2014

2.8

Pricing Manager Interview

good communications and help from the hr teams. good schedule was published to help me identify who I was interviewing with. up-front about the culture and pay. the process can be slow, but for some it can be fast.

Electrical Design Engineer Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at PACCAR.

Got an email from the HR to schedule an on-site interview. Had two engineering managers interview me. The process was straight-forward yet traditional. They had a sheet of questionnaires to ask from the interviewee, so they pretty much just read off of the the questions from the paper. There's minimal personal connection established during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Given a simple diagram with a relay switch, what's the size of the wire supposed to be.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Vernon, WA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PACCAR.

Initial communication was an email from the hiring manager. This was followed by a phone interview that lasted about 1 hour. A number of basic engineering questions were asked like to describe a monotonic stress-strain curve. A week or so after the phone interview I was invited for an on-site interview. That was INTENSE. Several 1:1 sessions with managers, a presentation to a large group, lunch with the group I'd be working with, then more 1:1 sessions with managers. Took pretty much all day. After the onsite interview it was a couple weeks until I got a phone call with a verbal offer which was followed up later that same day with a written offer.

Interview Questions
    • They ask everyone at that location to give a presentation. However, there is ZERO direction on what they want you to present. It seems to be designed to see how you are able to tailor an open-ended presentation topic to the audience and gauge your ability to communicate.   View Answer
    I had been unemployed for many months so I didn't negotiate, though in retrospect I should have at least tried for a bit more salary.

Engine Test Engineer Interview

I got interview offer from on campus job fair and was called in for a general interview. I was interviewed by 2 people. 1 was HR who did not ask me any question but was just observing me. How I answer and how my body language is. Another person was Senior engineer who asked me all types of in depth technical questions. Apparently there strategy was to make interviewing person uncomfortable with difficult questions and observe how they react. So be calm. Its a tricky interview.

Interview Questions
    • How many valves does this particular engine have? What is the arrangement? Why they are arranged like this?   Answer Question

Administrative Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I was in communication for about a month until we confirmed a meeting time. I did a phone interview and passed and then came in and interviewed with two managers, both of whom were very nice. About 30 minutes each with standard questions about the position and my qualifications. Nothing really unusual about it, the company has a very strict dress code and lots of company policies, but also perks like a free gym on site and free parking. After the interview they followed up a few weeks after to let me know they found someone else. They filled the position from within. I would say it was a slower process, the duration of it was about 8 weeks. The company did seem to have quite a bit of internal opportunities.

Lease Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PACCAR in September 2014.

I only did the phone screening interview with the recruiter. She kept asking difficult questions and asked for examples from my previous job. for example she asked what are three of your best strength and relate each to work experience in the past.

Interview Questions
    • give specific customer service satisfaction examples from your previous job   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Every 45 minutes a new group of 4 to 6 people would sit down in a conference room to ask me questions. Most of the people who interviewed me really had nothing to ask, so i had to answer riddles, and problem-solving questions. I might have answered 1 or 2 relevant questions about the job for which I was interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • "If you could be any animal, what animal would you be?"   View Answer
    Not too hard to get what i wanted. Advice for others, whatever they ask for, they're low-balling you by $10K.

Powertrain Calibration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Vernon, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PACCAR.

Completed an online application. After roughly a week I contacted HR to confirm they had received my application, and inquire when they would be conducting interviews for the position. HR representative replied the next day that my application had been passed along to the hiring manager for that department, and I would be contacted if they were interested in interviewing me. Roughly 1 week later received a phone call from HR to schedule an on-site interview. Interview was scheduled for the following week.
    Interview began with HR representative. Consisted primarily of standard behavioral questions, as well as a few questions regarding my resume. Lasted approximately 30 minutes.
    From there I was introduced to the hiring manager for the department. He had clearly reviewed my resume ahead of time, and had some questions regarding prior projects and course work. Asked 3 or 4 technical questions pertaining to prior projects I have worked on, and then gave me and opportunity to ask questions regarding PACCAR and projects they were working on. This portion lasted approximately 1 hour.
    Overall, a very comfortable feel to the interview. Both portions had the feeling of a discussion, rather than an interrogation.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. The hiring manager asked for more technical details regarding the projects I listed on my application.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Pay is set for interns. I quickly accepted the offer.

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PACCAR.

Applied online, received an email to come in for an in-person interview at the Bellevue location. Their in-person interview is a full day event. You can potentially have one on one interviews with 2+ managers throughout the day. PACCAR supplies breakfast and lunch options with chances to network with other managers. Managers each hire one intern for the summer and all hail from different groups within PACCAR's Supply Chain department. Overall it was a great experience. You get to meet other college students and get a better understanding of PACCAR's business model.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something about you that I wouldn't find on your resume.   Answer Question

Received an offer from another company with better pay and a more relaxed culture. PACCAR's Bellevue location is a suit and tie type of culture, which is rather at odds with the other major companies in Bellevue (Microsoft, Expedia, various software companies) who nurture a more business casual work attire culture.

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, MS

interviewed at PACCAR in July 2014.

I applied online, through the MS employment service, WIN Job Center, and they called me within 3 days to set up a telephone interview. They called at the designated time, and asked me 5 questions. They terminated the interview. Within minutes, I received an email saying I was not chosen for that position.

Interview Questions
    • What software do you use to track workplace activities?   View Answer