PACCAR

Very Easy Interview

Distribution Associate Interview

Distribution Associate
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PACCAR in October 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process was a little intense for a warehouse position. But it was fairly easy though.Phone interview, background check and group interview. Fairly typical in the times of today. I would say that the interviewers were pleasant and I enjoyed the challenge.

Interview Question – There wasn't one.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Set base salary

Financial Managmeent Rotational Program Interview

Financial Managmeent Rotational Program
Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PACCAR in March 2014.

Interview Details – 1: Phone interview w/ director of HR. General background, interests, goals, etc. Very quick response and I was impressed with open-mindedness.
2: Invitation to interview came 6 weeks later. I asked how flexible start-date was as my wife was pregnant and due around the start-time. Basically, the director of HR said the start-date was inflexible and the work was not a good mix with family obligations. I found this to be rude and possibly illegal. Regardless, it was a major red flag.

Interview Question – Most challenging aspect of my current position?   Answer Question

MBA Associate Interview

MBA Associate
Bellevue, WA

I applied online and interviewed at PACCAR.

Interview Details – I was contacted for a phone screen. The interviewer had to cancel the first day and time that we set up. We rescheduled for a new day and time. The interviewer planned to call me. About fifteen minutes into the new rescheduled time, I still had not heard from the interviewer. I called the interviewer, and it was obvious that the interviewer had forgotten we rescheduled. Pretty unprofessional.

I was invited to the Bellevue, WA corporate headquarters to interview. Instead of scheduling my flights like any other company, the interviewer put scheduling in my lap. I would recommend building a lot of time into your return flights. The company added two people to my initial interview schedule. During the interviews, I was watching the time so I would not miss my return flight and mentioned flight to a few interviewers. The company actually PENALIZED me during interviews for being responsible and doing this. I am sure they were going to be really happy if they had to pay for me to take a different return flight home.

If you are looking for diversity, look somewhere else. Every manager that I spoke to was a middle-aged white male. All of the women that I interacted with were either in HR or were administrative assistants. The only minority that I saw was working the security desk.

The managers I spoke to asked zero behavioral interview questions. There was no coordination between the managers, so they all asked the exact same questions. Most of the managers I spoke to were pretty unfriendly. One manager was actually sitting there reading my resume during the interview, so it was obvious he put zero preparation into it.

I will be interested to see how the company performs going forward. Just read all the horrible reviews about them on here. Also google “PACCAR SEC complaint” to read about some of their accounting issues with the SEC.

I can't see a lot of young talent wanting to work at a company that requires suits for men and stockings for women. They also ban facial hair. There are other companies like Microsoft, Amazon, and Boeing in the surrounding area.

Interview Question – Questions were pretty standard.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Business Technology Manager Interview

Business Technology Manager
Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PACCAR.

Interview Details – I recently interviewed with Paccar and was very impressed! The interview process was comprehensive and thoughtful, affording me opportunities to meet with key business partners, leadership, and peers. I was also able to meet my hiring director and a potential peer in a less formal environment for coffee and lunch. Overall, I was very impressed with the Paccar team and this was, by far, my best interview experience. They took the time to get to know me and gave me opportunities to get to know Paccar as well. I went into the interviews with concerns resulting from negative feedback I had reviewed on glassdoor, so openly explored my concerns during the interviews and found the Paccar team very open to the discussions and honest in their responses.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were fairly standard questions exploring my skills and experience and digging into specific experiences that related to the role I had applied for.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I accepted another job offer which was in better alignment with my long term goals. It was hard for me to decline, however, as the interview team was great and I felt it was also a good opportunity.

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern
Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PACCAR.

Interview Details – I met the recruiters at a the UW career fair, and they followed up with an email asking for a phone interview. Because the managers were quite busy, I had the first round with the higher ups (2 people) who were really nice, standard PACCAR questions you can find on the internet (I found out later). They asked for writing samples, which I gave them the following Monday, and was contacted 3 days later by the HR person. But for the second round the HR person were quite pushy and asked for a phone interview during my case competition/finals week despite the fact I told her I didn't have time that week, and I didn't do so well that round - still similar questions, and later the guy told me it was because he had to travel the following week (still 2 people interview). I was told I would get a notification 2 or 3 weeks after, but I never heard anything back, despite following up with them.

Interview Question – When are you able to start?   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer
Kirkland, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PACCAR in January 2012.

Interview Details – 1 is project manager and 1 is supervisor.

Interview Question – Asking about circuit in cars' dashboard.   Answer Question

Lease Accountant Interview

Lease Accountant

I applied online - interviewed at PACCAR in February 2014.

Interview Details – HR reached out initially and scheduled a phone 30 minute phone interview. The phone interview included general questions about my background. Also asked about why I wanted to work for the company and why that position seemed like a good fit. Then got called in for a first round in person interview which was with two people for 30 minutes each.

Interview Question – Mainly questions about background and some general behavioral questions including top three strengths and top three areas of improvement. Wasn't asked any technical questions.   Answer Question

Senior Litigation Specialist Interview

Senior Litigation Specialist
Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at PACCAR in September 2013.

Interview Details – Traditional questions - why do you want to work here? Why do you think you are suited to this job? What kind of things have you done? Do you think you can do this job? What are your plans for the next 5 years?

Interview Question – Do you prefer to work with introverts or extroverts?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was little negotiated.

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer
Kirkland, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PACCAR in September 2011.

Interview Details – Online application generated a phone call the following day. Phone interview scheduled within the week. Paid travel to interview. Interview was with a group of 4-5 supervisors and the HR rep. Mostly very easy and predictable interview questions. After job offer, a drug test was required for no apparent reason.

Interview Question – Almost all the questions were of the 'talk about your experience' and 'what do you want to do' variety. The one technical 'math problem' type question at the end caught me off-guard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Vacation is not negotiable. Salary has a little room to move.

Not Disclosed Interview

Not Disclosed

Interviewed at PACCAR

Interview Details – Too many people want to interview - should be an indicator of how micromanaged this company is

Interview Question – Nothing to difficult and different divisions will have very different interview styles   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Can't negotiate any of the benefits

Interviews for Top Jobs at PACCAR

Worked for PACCAR? Contribute to the Community!

PACCAR – Why Work for Us?

PACCAR invests in new opportunities, enhances employee experiences and advances its technology to exceed expectations. PACCAR has more than 100 years of experience as a global technology leader in the design… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PACCAR interview questions and advice. All 57 interview reviews posted anonymously by PACCAR employees and interview candidates.