PACCAR Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.8

Accounting Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at PACCAR (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

I applied through glassdoor and the recruiter contacted me to schedule a phone interview the next day and set up a phone interview. Typical phone interview, almost all behavioral questions. The only technical one was about Excel skill and SAP experience. It went smoothly, just basic behavioral questions. But the connection was really bad. I had to ask the recruiter to repeat herself for several questions. Got the second round interview confirmation in 2 months. The second one is three 30 min interviews with hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• life goal, career goal, CPA plan, Excel and SAP skill?   Answer Question

Human Resources Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PACCAR (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Two interviews consisting of one phone and one face-to-face with a panel of HR personnel. The interview process was rather simple. I recommend being prepared with as much knowledge as possible of what PACCAR does internally as a culture and externally in the communities they serve, and just show that you have a genuine interest in the company and the position you are applying for. I really enjoyed getting to talk to the PACCAR team as it felt more like a conversation than an interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Why do you want to work for PACCAR?
      What do you know about PACCAR?
      What could you do/would you like to do to improve yourself at this point in your career?

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PACCAR (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through school website. Received an invitation for 30 min phone interview. Very casual conversation with recruiter. All behavioral questions about resume. 2 weeks after phone interview received invitation for in person interview. Interviewed with 3 different managers for 30 min each. All behavioral questions too. All the staff were very friendly. Be sure to dress in suits, very business formal.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be an accountant?
      What are you most proud of?

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at PACCAR (Portland, OR) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through the company website and two days later got a call from the recruiter. We scheduled a 30-minute phone interview and mainly talked about past experience, study and skills, why PACCAR and this position. I did a lot of company research on PACCAR and talked about how I love the manufacturing industry and supply chain. I also focused on my technical skills which are a plus to this posistion,

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PACCAR in February 2015.

Interview

Only made it to the phone interview. Mostly behavioral questions, the only technical one was asking what I could do with Excel. My particular interviewer was sweet and didn't try to make the interview too hard on me. If they had offered me the internship, I would have liked to accept (based on what I learned from the phone interview).

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PACCAR (Seattle, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through Husky Jobs and got a phone interview. The interview was very friendly. She explained what would I be expected to do during the internship and she asked about what I expected of the company, the work and my colleagues at PACCAR. It was my first interview experience so I was kinda nervous. I got selected for the next round so I believe I did the previous interview well.

Interview Questions

• How much salary?
      How would you rate yourself on using excel?
      Any project where you used excel

Assistant Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Vernon, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at PACCAR (Mount Vernon, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

My first interview came at a college career fair. That interview was a friendly 30min interview with two people, one who asked all the questions. I felt great about how it ended, I wrote follow-up emails to both of them asking when I would hear back from them and neither replied.

4 months later and 10 job applications at this location later, I get a call asking me to review a different opening than any of the ones I applied for. I liked it, so I applied and had a phone phone interview with the program manager (30, super easy resume stuff). Scheduled and onsite interview for 3 weeks later where I met one-on-one with 4 different team members and an HR person. All were very laid back and had good conversation. No difficult questions, just making sure that I understood the position. Another awesome interview down. 2 weeks later I got a miserable automated email telling me that I didn't get the job.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PACCAR (Kirkland, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

Initial interview with HR revealed that the engineering staff has a dress code (shirt and tie) and they don't like facial hair. This company is living in the '60's. They expect to find an experienced engineer willing to work for modest wages and doing elementary wiring work. Very lame!

Interview Questions

• Are you aware of our dress code?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PACCAR.

Interview

The interview consisted of three 30 minute interviews with three analysts and two hiring managers. They gave an excel test (pivot tables, vlookup, line graph creation) and an access test but didn't really ask any finance questions.

Interview Questions

• It was surprising that they asked no questions about finance - they were simply looking for someone who has strong excel and access proficiency.   Answer Question

Accounting Summer Interview

Interview

I applied through glassdoor and the recruiter contacted me to schedule a phone internview the next day. Phone interview went smoothly, just basic behavioral questions. But the connection was really bad. I had to ask the recruiter to repeat herself fro several questions.

Interview Questions

• basic questions like why Paccar, why this position, any difficulties in your project, what courses are helpful for the position, expected salary.   Answer Question