PACCAR Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014

2.7

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at PACCAR.

I submitted my resume through email. PACCAR does not have scanning software they currently go through resumes one by one.

I arrived in a full suit aware of PACCAR's strict business policy. 2 people interviewed me the section manager and the HR manager.

Interview Questions
    • I had a statics mathematical question that I had to answer and explain my thought process at the same time.   Answer Question
    PACCAR does not negotiate salaries for lower level employees.

Lease Accountant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PACCAR in February 2014.

HR reached out initially and scheduled a phone 30 minute phone interview. The phone interview included general questions about my background. Also asked about why I wanted to work for the company and why that position seemed like a good fit. Then got called in for a first round in person interview which was with two people for 30 minutes each.

Interview Questions
    • Mainly questions about background and some general behavioral questions including top three strengths and top three areas of improvement. Wasn't asked any technical questions.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PACCAR.

Applied and got scheduled an interview within the two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Very basic interview questions. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Kenworth Engineering: Intern-Dimensional Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PACCAR.

Met with a group of mangers throughout the company and talked to them about my passions and why I thought I would fit in their company. I also brought in examples of my work, especially with SolidWorks modeling. They were very impressed and asked many questions about my skill set within SolidWorks.

Interview Questions
    • More of a note: Make sure to do background research of their trucks. It shows that you have interest in their company. I was able to correctly identify the pictures of trucks to the employers that were in the room and that piqued their interest.   Answer Question

Senior Litigation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at PACCAR in September 2013.

Traditional questions - why do you want to work here? Why do you think you are suited to this job? What kind of things have you done? Do you think you can do this job? What are your plans for the next 5 years?

Interview Questions
    • Do you prefer to work with introverts or extroverts?   View Answer
    There was little negotiated.

Marketing Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PACCAR.

Standard interview questions.

Typical

Service Magement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at PACCAR.

First round was a phone interview , based on which I was asked to visit them face to face. They had a set of questions lined for me. The manager who asked me the questions was amazing and very cheerful. Initially i was tensed but once i got my rhythm it was piece of cake.
    Lot of questions were about my personality and situation based.

they will offer you the lowest, its up to you how well you can negotiate and show them what you worth!

Distribution Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PACCAR in April 2013.

Pre-employment wonderlic test and skills test, interview, drug test and background check, physical including a physical ability test.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most uncomfortable work situation you have been in?   Answer Question
    Set rate of pay for my position. Non negotiable.

Manager Interview

Several interviews, all day long including lunch. Took a couple weeks for the actual offer.

None.

Purchasing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PACCAR in March 2013.

At first I received a phone call for an initial screening. The call went well and lasted about 30 minutes. About two months later, I was asked to fly out for a series of of final interviews. (Unfortunately they requested I pay my own travels, and since I only received a one week notice, the flight was very expensive.)
    When I arrived in Bellevue, I had a 3 hour stay at their corporate offices. I met with someone from HR, and then had 3 separate interviews with different managers. The culture there is definitely unique and not a fit for everyone, but they were very honest in answering any questions I had. Most of their questions to me were behavioral, or about my resume. They called me back the following day and extended an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What in your past experience directly relates to the role you would play as an intern here?   Answer Question

Great company, but the culture didn't seem to fit me, and I found a better offer with a different company.