PAETEC Interview Questions

3.5

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at PAETEC.

Interview was good but no courtesy to reply back with results.

Interview Questions
    • Have you implemented OOP using SQL and/or PL/SQL   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at PAETEC in October 2011.

The interview went ok but it took them a month to send me a reject email

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at PAETEC in April 2011.

Brought in for an interview with the supervisor. Blew his doors off then got invited back to an interview with his boss - the regional manager. I basically got told I did not know how to wipe my own ace. It was brutal and I would not want to work for that type of individual. I was about to graduate college and they were looking for someone with 3+ years experience.

Interview Questions
    • He reached and grabbed my notes to see what I had prepared!   View Answer

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PAETEC in March 2011.

It was very structed and very professional. Regional director was to the point and professional. I learned that even office manager was a part of the process by simply chatting with me when I was waiting at the reception. I did like that because I was very natural when speaking with her and I felt comfortable when doing all 4 inteviews I went through.

Interview Questions
    It went well. Company was understanding of my needs and worked it out with me. They look for quality and they invest in their employess.

Senior Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PAETEC in September 2009.

Phone interview with Corporate Recruiter and was your typical phone interview. Interview went very well and position was a match to my background but interview never moved to the next step. After numerous follow ups found out another candidate had been selected internally. Overall good interview and would apply again.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, OH

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PAETEC in August 2009.

Great Company and strong interview, need to truly know how to sell consultitivley

Not a good fit for me

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PAETEC in August 2009.

Three total interviews. Be prepared to complete a sales cold call role play and a in person sales call role play. Overall interviews were more of a conversation, asking about personal history excetera. Office setting was professional. The work culture seemed provide a good work life balance.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I hire you? There is a lot of competition for this job.   Answer Question
    No - Offer was not negotiable

Regional Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PAETEC in June 2009.

PAETEC checks & double checks every statement you make. They have a process and they follow it!

Senior Account Manager Interview

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PAETEC in July 2011.

1-on-1's, 2-on-1's. Expect role-playing, expect to do a presentation. You will meet a lot of people, but the process is impressively organized and no one makes you feel rushed. The people there are smart, educated, polished, and genuinely want to help you. Be yourself, don't talk about things that you don't know about - training is extensive and they will teach you what you need to know. The process is slow but deliberate.

Interview Questions
    • Role play: Negotiate a new contract with an established client with recent financial struggles.   View Answer
    Nothing. There's a fixed compensation schedule, and it is what it is. But it's excellent. If you want to earn more, you will have the ability to do that on your own right out of the gate.

Senior Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PAETEC in May 2011.

Phone interview with recruiter went fine. Well qualified, salary is acceptable. Face to face interview ended by interviewer saying to "call back in 2 days if you interested in the job." It was a strange ending.