PAETEC Interview Questions

3.5

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PAETEC.

Interview

Interview was good but no courtesy to reply back with results.

Interview Questions

• Have you implemented OOP using SQL and/or PL/SQL   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PAETEC (Rochester, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview went ok but it took them a month to send me a reject email

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at PAETEC (Knoxville, TN) in April 2011.

Interview

Brought in for an interview with the supervisor. Blew his doors off then got invited back to an interview with his boss - the regional manager. I basically got told I did not know how to wipe my own ace. It was brutal and I would not want to work for that type of individual. I was about to graduate college and they were looking for someone with 3+ years experience.

Interview Questions

• He reached and grabbed my notes to see what I had prepared!   1 Answer

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PAETEC (Denver, CO) in March 2011.

Interview

It was very structed and very professional. Regional director was to the point and professional. I learned that even office manager was a part of the process by simply chatting with me when I was waiting at the reception. I did like that because I was very natural when speaking with her and I felt comfortable when doing all 4 inteviews I went through.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It went well. Company was understanding of my needs and worked it out with me. They look for quality and they invest in their employess.

Senior Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PAETEC in September 2009.

Interview

Phone interview with Corporate Recruiter and was your typical phone interview. Interview went very well and position was a match to my background but interview never moved to the next step. After numerous follow ups found out another candidate had been selected internally. Overall good interview and would apply again.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PAETEC (Independence, OH) in August 2009.

Interview

Great Company and strong interview, need to truly know how to sell consultitivley

Not a good fit for me

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PAETEC (Baltimore, MD) in August 2009.

Interview

Three total interviews. Be prepared to complete a sales cold call role play and a in person sales call role play. Overall interviews were more of a conversation, asking about personal history excetera. Office setting was professional. The work culture seemed provide a good work life balance.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you? There is a lot of competition for this job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No - Offer was not negotiable

Regional Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PAETEC (Columbus, OH) in June 2009.

Interview

PAETEC checks & double checks every statement you make. They have a process and they follow it!

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PAETEC in July 2011.

Interview

1-on-1's, 2-on-1's. Expect role-playing, expect to do a presentation. You will meet a lot of people, but the process is impressively organized and no one makes you feel rushed. The people there are smart, educated, polished, and genuinely want to help you. Be yourself, don't talk about things that you don't know about - training is extensive and they will teach you what you need to know. The process is slow but deliberate.

Interview Questions

• Role play: Negotiate a new contract with an established client with recent financial struggles.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing. There's a fixed compensation schedule, and it is what it is. But it's excellent. If you want to earn more, you will have the ability to do that on your own right out of the gate.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PAETEC in May 2011.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter went fine. Well qualified, salary is acceptable. Face to face interview ended by interviewer saying to "call back in 2 days if you interested in the job." It was a strange ending.