PAREXEL Interview Questions in Boston, MA

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.6

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Billerica, MA

Application

I interviewed at PAREXEL (Billerica, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

Received a phone call based on me submitting my resume via a Monster posting and did a very, very brief phone screening, followed up a few days later by a more detailed (but still short) phone interview with specific questions related to project management and my background. Was informed there was to be a WebEx session for all current candidates and that I should attend in order to learn more about the company and the position. The WebEx session was about a week later and very much like a marketing/sales pitch with a few HR-type slides thrown in - I understand why they do this, when they're hiring a group of people at once, but it was a little impersonal. Was told during the WebEx that we could submit our questions at that time, but again, very impersonal. Was also told that if we were still interested, we should go to the website and submit an application and our resume (funny, I've already done that...). A few day later I received an email that they were not interested in interviewing me and thanking me for my time. But, not reason for lack of interest. I forgot all about them... 3-4 weeks go by and I get a phone call - they would like me to consider a lower position (an associate PM) - had I known that was an option, I would have jumped on it 4 weeks earlier but they didn't mention it to me back then. I agreed, I'm not 100% qualified for the PM position but I am taking them up on the offer to interview for the Associate PM. I look at it as an oppty to learn from team leaders and pick up some skills/training that I will need if I stick with PM type roles. I will add to this once I've completed the next step (Phone interview for Assoc. PM with hiring manager)

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Billerica, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PAREXEL (Billerica, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

3 hours with 6 consecutive people, one was clearly the hiring manager while the others were team members or direct supervisors. While I was able to demonstrate that my skills are a perfect fit I received no feedback. It seemed like none of them liked their jobs or the fact they had to interview someone. They clearly weren't prepared for it.

Interview Questions

• They asked all the wrong questions they should have been briefed NOT to ask, stuff like "your greatest weakness...". They never described the jobs duties or challenges. It was obvious they never read my resume or researched me at all in advance. If they had they would have seen I am a great fit. They never huddled in advance so I answered the same unprofessional questions over and over again.   1 Answer

Clinical Monitoring Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Billerica, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PAREXEL (Billerica, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

I got referred to this position from a current employee who graduated last year from the same school as me. I applied online and was asked to do a phone screen interview. The interview was fairly short. Very typical questions like strengths/weaknesses, why you want the job etc. The phone screen also asked about gpa upon graduation and if you are legally allowed to work and any problems regarding past employment. They also asked about what you would bring to the team and examples about team work and resolving any conflicts that you might have had.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PAREXEL (Boston, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

Three phone interviews (corp HR, local HR then Hiring Manager) followed by in-person interview. They also gave a skills assessment on a laptop. In my opinion, this is where I lost the job, I rushed the skills portion and did not show my best work.

Executive In Parexel Consulting Business Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PAREXEL (Boston, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

Repeated interviews followed by periods of no activity. Had to follow up with them every single step of the way. Never got final follow up and they hired an insider...so this was a string-along all the time. It would have been nice to have some honest discussion instead of leading me along. Would never consider them for another Executive position. It's not like I was cold calling them - they called me and were attempting to recruit me!

Clinical Monitoring Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Billerica, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at PAREXEL (Billerica, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview was very straightforward, the interviewer didn't try to trip me up with any difficult or trick questions. She mostly asked questions about my resume and how my past experience would help me in this role. My advice would be to really know your resume and the requirements for the job, and be able to match them up.

Interview Questions

• There were no particularly difficult questions, the interviewer just wanted to know my work style and how my past experience would translate to this position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There's really no negotiation. They have a set salary for this position.

Senior Analyst, Resource Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PAREXEL (Waltham, MA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter in a week after I sent my CV through the company's website. The same week I had a screen phone interview for 30 min. The following week I had a phone conversation with the hiring manager and was invited for the in person interview. I met with two VP's for 45 min each and received the offer the following day. The whole process, starting from sending my CV to the offer letter, took three weeks.

Interview Questions

• No behavioral questions, just probing on the possible business case scenarios.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation; take or leave it.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Billerica, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PAREXEL (Billerica, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

The HR contact was via email phone and the screening was efficient and professional. This was followed up by a phone screen with the hiring manager which was once again cordial and productive. HR did a great job of expediting the interview process and getting an onsite interview scheduled. The principle interview process was conducted by the VP of Infrastructure who made very clear from the onset that he would play the role of the alpha male. While the specific wording of his questions was mostly appropriate, the attitude with which they we're deliver was clearly geared to intimidate. When called on this his response was "..that's the way I am.." Worst interview I've ever had...walked out on it

Interview Questions

• The opening presentation was about how tough an organization it was, that the job wasn't for "wimps", that you needed to "have a pair..." in order to fit in, that you needed "stamina"...and when this diatribe ended their was an expectation that it had served as a question. My response was "sure" which was criticized...I already could tell by the tone that this wasn't a good fit. I was later asked.."I have six engineers already who look exactly like you on paper so why should I hire you?" My response was that it was impossible to distinguish myself without knowing those folks...I was told it really wasn't hard "..if I'd just think about it". Entire interview tone was confrontational.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Billerica, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at PAREXEL (Billerica, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

Got a call from consulting firm for a full time job in Parexel. 1st round was phone screening round with Principal Engineer and Hiring Manager which went for 50 min.They asked me all the standard question on the Java/J2ee technology and frameworks which I had mentioned in my CV. 2nd round was onsite interview - As first onsite interview I had 1 hour of discussion again with the same hiring manager. I was asked some of the behavioral question, knowledge on some the methodology and paradigms in software industry and asked to write a pseudo code for some basic sorting programs in Java. 3rd round was for 1 hr and completely technical with the same Principal Engineer and another Senior Software Engineer.Most of the questions where standard question from Design patterns,Spring framework,Database questions,threads.The complexity was average. 4th round was with QA manager- It was not technical ,he just explained the tools and technology there are using for QA testing and if I had exposure to the same(which I had) 5th round was with the Architect : He explained me high level architecture and where I fit into it. He asked only 1 question on the XML technology which I answered. 6th round was with Director of Technology : This was again a phone interview and completely technical and went for 30 min. The question where on the MVC and MCP J2ee design patterns and couple of other question .The difficulty level was again average. Onsite interview started at 11:30 am and finished at 5: 30 pm.

Interview Questions

• All the question where standard questions nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Billerica, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PAREXEL (Billerica, MA).

Interview

Applied via their career website. I got a call from the HR personnel after a week of application. Had a 15 min interview with the recruiter, followed by 1 hour interview with one of their test leads. Was later called for an in-person interview. In-person interview consisted of three set of rounds: - 1st round was a 1 hour session with 2 BA's/DA's out in London. Discussion was about basic BA stuff of what kind of documents you have created, situational questions. - 2nd round was with 3 Developer/Data Modeler for 1.5 hours. This session was more concentrated on data modeling concepts, SQL questions by writing actual SQL statements, draw use case scenarios, activity diagrams. - 3rd and last round was with their director and Test Lead which was more focused on how I would handle new data coming into the data warehouse and what all measures I would take to make sure it usable and retrievable after it's in the data warehouse.

Interview Questions

• Difficult questions were mainly about data modeling concepts (which is not my forte). They gave a business use case of how I would store data coming from different point of sales.   1 Answer