PAREXEL

Updated Feb 20, 2015
Updated Feb 20, 2015

2.8

Clinical Monitoring Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PAREXEL.

I applied online and heard back within a week for a phone interview. I did a 30 minute phone screen with someone in HR. They got back to me in two days to come in for an in person interview a week later. I did the interview and was offered the job two days later.

Interview Questions
    • Where would you like to see yourself in five years? How did you hear about PAREXEL/what made you interested? Name your biggest strength? Name a couple of weaknesses? What kind of work do you enjoy doing? What kind of work do you not enjoy doing?   View Answer
    There weren't any negotiations. They offered a fantastic salary I was very happy with.

Clinical Data Analyst III Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at PAREXEL.

I was locked in a very small conference room with 3 managers who proceeded to grill me like it was a police interrogation. I have never been so embarrassed/humiliated in my life. At the time I had over 8 years experience in the industry and they made me question whether or not I was competent in the position I held at my current company.

I decided within 15 minutes of the interview starting that I had absolutely no interest in working there if they offered me a position, it was that awful. During the interview, they essentially went down my resume line by line and asked me to explain the process of each task I said I was proficient in. An example being SAE reconciliation. I think there's a general understanding that not every company will necessarily have the exact same process when performings tasks such as that, but when I began describing how it was performed at my current job, one of the individuals interviewing me was immediately like "no that's not how it's done, have you ever actually done that or did you just put it on your resume to look good?" That specific individual made several other disparaging comments during the rest of the interview which actually made me question whether or not I actually knew what I was doing at my job. Luckily, I didn't let it get to me and know now that he was just a tad bit mental.

They ended up not offering me the position, thank God, I might have actually pursued it had they offered the salary I requested. I will never ever pursue another job opportunity there, the interview experience was that disheartening

Interview Questions
    • Processes relate to tasks listed on resume and specific scenario related questions   Answer Question

Clinical Data Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at PAREXEL in February 2015.

It was mostly pleasant, 30 minute interview, she was a little late calling me and asked some general questions. I was very honest about my experience and gave answers to the best of my ability. However, she told me point blank that she did not get the answer she needed hear. So, I suspect I didn't her question because I had trouble understanding the interviewer at times since they were on a speaker phone.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PAREXEL.

Applied online; took about 3 weeks to hear back from a recruiter. From then the process went fairly quick. Next and final interview was a panel interview. Standard behavioral questions related to my resume and position title.

Interview Questions
    • They have their trusted interview pamphlets with scenarios and a scoring section for each question. Hard to talk about yourself and answer the questions when they're writing more than showing their eyes.   Answer Question

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Initial communication was an email which was followed by a phone interview. Scheduling of the interview was set up over email. The process consists of three interviews. I was asked several behavioral questions and questions about why I wanted to work for the company. The interview steps were laid out in a detailed way to me prior to the start of interview questions.

Clinical Trial Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied online – interviewed at PAREXEL in November 2014.

30 minute phone interview. Questions corresponded to job description and how my experience/skills related to the position. My information was passed along to the San Diego office for 2nd interview; however, they already hired someone for the position.

Senior Clinical Research Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PAREXEL.

I applied online and a recruiter from Poland called to schedule an interview. I had 2 interviews with her and they were very pleasant. Basic questions were asked and it went well. She then scheduled me for a 3rd and more detailed interview with a recruiter from their South Carolina office. The lady was okay but not as patient as the first. More details on my experience were required. She probed into reasons for leaving my other jobs. In the end I will say it was a fair interview.

Software Developer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PAREXEL.

First the HR calls and talk to the candidate and the candidate will be invited for a technical test in the computer. After successful completion of test it is panel interview.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were related to current project. No cornering or the interviewer want to prove his technical abilities.   Answer Question

Senior CRA/Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

I applied online – interviewed at PAREXEL in October 2014.

I applied online and after about three weeks a recruiter contacted me and set up my first phone interview. My interview with the recruiter lasted about 30 minutes and we discussed a little about the position, benefits, and how great it is to work at Parexel. They said they would forward me to the hiring managers. About two weeks later I had a phone interview with one manager and it lasted about 15 minutes. That manager said she would like for me to interview with all the departments managers. That phone interview was about a week later and about seven people were on the line. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. At the end I was told it was down to me and maybe two others. They wanted me to give a presentation online using power point and webinar. I told them I would be happy to. I was asked if I had a passport. I told them no but I would obtain one of I was offerws the position. I was told I would be going to Canada and occasionally Germany. I was given a topic to present and told it needed to be exactly 15 minutes and they would be in touch with in two weeks to set the date of the presentation. Everyone was very nice and before we hung up I was told to go ahead and order a passport. The next day I had pictures taken and ordered my passport book and card. For the next three weeks I worked on my presentation. At the end of the third week I still have not heard back from the managers. I emailed the managers and asked them if they had a date set and that I was ready and looking forward to it. Within one hour the recruiter sent me a rejection letter. How unprofessional is that? They asked me to spend $165 on a passport that I will not ever use and waste my time on a presentation that I never presented. I put hours in it so it would be perfect. If this is how the company conducts business I am glad I was rejected. Just wished I didn't waste time and money.

Clinical Monitoring Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PAREXEL.

Applied online through Parexel's job page. Had a brief screening phone call (15-20 min) with a Parexel recruiter. Then was offered to come to Billerica for an In-person interview, where I interviewed with one manager in a board room. I was offered a position later that week via a phone call.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty typical questions; What are you strengths/weaknesses, describe a situation where you dealt with a conflict, etc.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate. They offered more than what I asked for.