PAREXEL

Updated Nov 13, 2014
Updated Nov 13, 2014

2.7

Clinical Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PAREXEL.

Very accomodating and friendly. comfortable atmosphere.

positive

Clinical Monitoring Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Billerica, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at PAREXEL in March 2014.

The interview was very straightforward, the interviewer didn't try to trip me up with any difficult or trick questions. She mostly asked questions about my resume and how my past experience would help me in this role. My advice would be to really know your resume and the requirements for the job, and be able to match them up.

Interview Questions
    • There were no particularly difficult questions, the interviewer just wanted to know my work style and how my past experience would translate to this position.   Answer Question
    There's really no negotiation. They have a set salary for this position.

Clinical Research Associate II Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PAREXEL in March 2014.

I went through an outside recruiter. She reviewed my resume and told I would be a good fit for the position. We reviewed my resume and she took down some notes before she forwarded my resume to Parexel. In a few days later, I had a telephone chat with the outside recruiter's manager. We talked and she asked me some questions about my resume and she also asked what I did at a monitoring visit.
    I was scheduled for a telephone interview with HR personnel from Parexel and it went pretty well. At least I felt comfortable answering the questions. I also had the opportunity of asking a lot about the company.

Interview Questions
    • What conditions will make a situation become a Serious Adverse Event.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst, Resource Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PAREXEL.

I was contacted by a recruiter in a week after I sent my CV through the company's website. The same week I had a screen phone interview for 30 min. The following week I had a phone conversation with the hiring manager and was invited for the in person interview. I met with two VP's for 45 min each and received the offer the following day. The whole process, starting from sending my CV to the offer letter, took three weeks.

Interview Questions
    • No behavioral questions, just probing on the possible business case scenarios.   Answer Question
    No negotiation; take or leave it.

Senior Clinical Research Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PAREXEL.

Initially I applied for the position on the company website less than a week later I received a phone call from a recruiter scheduling an over the phone interview. After discussing my CV with the recruiter (1 hour) she gave me a broad description of the position and advanced me to speak with a Human Resource Manager. A week later I spoke with HR Manager (30 mins) we discussed my experience and how it matched the vacant position, she shared with me the benefits of working with PI and advanced me to speak with the Line Manager. A few days later I interviewed with the Line Manager (1:30 mins) we cover all aspects of the position, behavioral questions and tell me about a time. This was the most challenging of all the interviews, but very informative and forthcoming of what the position entailed. A week later I spoke with a GRO Manager (30 mins) discussion ranged from experience, responsibilities, therapeutic area, onboard training, EDC, etc.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if the sponsor in the middle of the trial applies the 5th amendment and the investigator becomes really upset about it?   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at PAREXEL.

I applied to the position using the companies' internet site, I learned about the position using the site Indeed. I was contacted via phone by a recruiter within a week after submitting my application. The recruiter asked me a couple of general questions e.g,, (Your last date of employment? How many interviews have you been on? The spectrum of your expected compensation?). After that initial contact, I was then scheduled to Iive interviews with the hiring team (that is correct - hiring team, not manager). I interviewed with 6 different team members including 2 conference calls. As expected the questions asked by the team became redundant. The questions were mostly technical questions, some situational and behavioral questions. The common theme became that they were looking for someone who could deal with "difficult personalities". The culture seemed to be that you do what you are asked and even trained to do, follow protocol and procedures and you will be successful. As one hiring manager put it to me - she said, "There is not much growth here, if you are looking to grow professionally this might not be the place for you - like I would have to die for you to apply to my position." (no paraphrasing here). I was interviewed three more time more times after the first set of interviews. I was also contacted by the recruiters several times in the interim. All were very general interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't difficult, as this was an entry level position. The difficult part was answering the same questions, 7-8 times.   Answer Question

Project Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PAREXEL in January 2014.

Started with a phone interview with corporate recruiter, about 4 weeks after I applied online. Interview went well, I was clearly qualified and had the experience to successfully execute the role, so I was excited for the next step. Recruiter to me to contact her if I didn't hear from the Hiring Manager within a week. Heard nothing, so contacted the recruiter. She said they hadn't looked at my resume yet, wait another week. A week goes past, no word, so I contacted the recruiter again. No response from the recruiter this time. No response. Sent another email, no response. 5 weeks after my initial phone interview, a different recruiter called me to set up another interview. I thought it was weird but whatever. Two hours before our scheduled conversation the second recruiter emailed me to tell me the position had been filled.

This was by far the worst interview/hiring experience I have ever been apart of. If you read the reviews on this company and say to yourself 'It can't be that bad', well, it is. Good luck if you try to get a job with this organization.

Principal Statistical Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PAREXEL.

I had a good interview with the company.. The interview was online, using Hirevue.. It was a panel interview with 2 managers and one principal programmer. The managers mostly asked situational and operations related questions And the principal programmer asked technical level questions.. Overall it went very good.. They came back with an offer in less than 2 days..

Interview Questions
    • One person asked pros and cons of working with people in different time zones   Answer Question
    I am still negotiating..

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Billerica, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PAREXEL in October 2013.

The HR contact was via email phone and the screening was efficient and professional. This was followed up by a phone screen with the hiring manager which was once again cordial and productive. HR did a great job of expediting the interview process and getting an onsite interview scheduled. The principle interview process was conducted by the VP of Infrastructure who made very clear from the onset that he would play the role of the alpha male. While the specific wording of his questions was mostly appropriate, the attitude with which they we're deliver was clearly geared to intimidate. When called on this his response was "..that's the way I am.." Worst interview I've ever had...walked out on it

Interview Questions
    • The opening presentation was about how tough an organization it was, that the job wasn't for "wimps", that you needed to "have a pair..." in order to fit in, that you needed "stamina"...and when this diatribe ended their was an expectation that it had served as a question. My response was "sure" which was criticized...I already could tell by the tone that this wasn't a good fit. I was later asked.."I have six engineers already who look exactly like you on paper so why should I hire you?" My response was that it was impossible to distinguish myself without knowing those folks...I was told it really wasn't hard "..if I'd just think about it". Entire interview tone was confrontational.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PAREXEL in October 2013.

Initial communication was easy and short typical questions about experience and qualifications, salary. Further phone interviews had more difficult questions but not too difficult - need to know what studies / phases, etc. you have worked on, as well as systems, strengths, weakness', accomplishments

Interview Questions
    • Difficult question was how I would handle a difficult situation with a co-worker.   Answer Question