PAREXEL Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 17, 2014
103 interviews

2.7

Financial Analyst Interview

interviewed at PAREXEL in February 2013.

There is a phone screen from a recruiting partner. Face-to-face consists of usually 4 persons who interview separately.

Interview Questions
    • Interview tests technical accounting knowledge although an analyst is being sought. Recommend studying for the interview.   Answer Question
    Was able to negotiate within certain parameters; compensation range is tied to job title.

Senior Consultant Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PAREXEL.

The whole process was very quick. I was referred by an employee and contacted by a recruiter within a few days of my application. I spoke with a recruiter for about 15 minutes, then with a hiring manager for 30 minutes about a week later. The hiring manager decided on the call that I would be invited for a face-to-face interview. That interview was arranged within a week. I had the offer a week after the interview. There were some last-minute changes to my interview schedule and they seemed somewhat unorganized, but I wasn't really bothered by this.

Interview Questions
    • I was not asked any difficult questions. Everything was pretty standard.   Answer Question
    They refused to negotiate on vacation. Salary was fair so I did not negotiate.

N/A Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at PAREXEL.

n/a

there is no negotiation. severly underpay employees

Senior Project Manager Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at PAREXEL in November 2009.

Got hired in one day because I had the right background and beyond.

easy. I didn't ask for much.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Billerica, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Billerica, MA

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at PAREXEL in December 2012.

Received a LinkedIn inquiry. Was not looking for a job but was open to talking. Accepted LinkedIn inquiry and set up call. Director of Executive Staffing was late to call. Thought maybe I had wrong date/time. Call came in late but we finally connected.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult questions. Was asked why "I was looking?" Was very honest by saying I really wasn't looking......for a company to solicit me there was no selling on their part. It was kind of strange. The call did not go well. I was told they were just starting process and they would let me know in the next 4 weeks. Needless to say I never heard back. Once again a company that spends time soliciting candidates via LinkedIn but doesn't know how to leave a positive impression when not interested. It really doesn't hurt to provide closure. Especially when they initiate. Makes me appreciate where I am!   Answer Question

Senior CRA Interview

I submitted my CV to the recruiter. Contacted within a day for a phone screen, 2 days later the proper interview to discuss my qualification and experience and the position. A day later an offer was made. I have been a cra for 9 years so my experience during the hiring and interview process was pleasant. It was a great way to start the new year at a great company. I also discussed the management culture at the company, discussed travel time, current workload, therapeutic areas, and the new hire training. The recruiter and hiring managers were pleasant and respectful throughout the process, I couldn't have had a better experience.

Interview Questions
    • No such as thing as the most difficult question. Questions revolve around your typical monitoring experience at sites, how you handle situations, how you prioritize your work.   Answer Question
    Offer was made in my range financially and professionally and I accepted it.

LSM Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  East Windsor, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in East Windsor, NJ

The process took 2 months - interviewed at PAREXEL.

Long and tedious process. Took over 1 month, first started off with a phone interview with the recruiter and then the recruiter's manager took a phone interview. Then proceeded with a phone interview with the director of the company. Then 2 face-to-face interviews one was 2 hours long with the director and 2 associate directors and an HR manager. After that the second face-to-face interview is with 2 other associate directors. I didn't have a problem with this job or company until I had to meet with 2/4 of the associate directors. They were rude and nasty and show that the company dynamic was probably a lot like them.They didn't really make me feel comfortable in the interview and I got very bad vibes from them. They also made it very clear that I didn't know what I was talking about and that's why they weren't going to give me the job. Well thanks for the interview experience, I would not have taken your offer anyway!

Interview Questions
    • They made you feel awkward, like very awkward with their questions...what do you do with your spare time in the office?

Give one time which you were asked to give the lead in a presentation?
        Answer Question

CRM Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Billerica, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Billerica, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at PAREXEL in October 2012.

The interview process was long. I applied online and was contacted by a company recruiter. Normal 20 minute conversation getting to know me, my skills, etc. Schedule for a second phone interview with HR rep a week later. Next, was schedule for live interview with hiring manager on site. Building was very nice, new, and modern. Seemed like it would be comfortable conditions. Was told there were two more steps in the hiring process, one phone call with Department Director, then last interview with hiring manager and VP. 5 interviews total! It was an ordeal, after the interview with Department Manager, received email saying they went with another candidate.

CRA Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Apex, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Apex, NC

I interviewed online - interviewed at PAREXEL.

phone interview- they talked alot. I agreed and I was pushed through to a face to face with HR

Face to Face- HR/Project Managers- group interview. Asked questions about turnover and what parexel did to prevent burn out. (they didn't like that question... Don't ask it)

Interview Questions
    • Given a site where the CRC walks out and the PI isn't there how would return the source doc's and get your monitor logs signed? What would you do and how would you handle the situation.   View Answer

I took less money but this company felt like I was just another name. It was all about what can you do for Parexel and not a give and take. Plus they wanted a 2 year contract.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waltham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PAREXEL.

1. Kenexa recruiter contacts you and does an initial screen.
    2. HR contacts you and they set up the inteviews with the internal hiring panel
    3. Phone interviews with internal panel members
    4. Bring you in for a face to face
    5. Make an offer if they like you

Interview Questions
    • Depends on the position you are applying for. You will be asked a series of what if scenarios and how you would resolve the problem, prevent an issue or handle the situation. They are big on client satisfaction type questions. If you are applying for an Project Manager position, be prepared to answer questions re: quality and risk and what CTMS systems you have used.   Answer Question
    For some positions, they do not negotiate. It is take it or leave it. For positions that they need to fill badly (Project Managers, CTMS, CRAs, etc..) you do have some room to negotiate in terms of salary and being home based.