PAREXEL

Relevance Date Difficulty

CRA I Interview

CRA I
Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PAREXEL in September 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and quickly received a call for more information. I was told that I would have to interview in person and would I be available in about two weeks. I followed up after the phone screen and realized that I would get the in person. I got an email soon after confirming. I came in and had a good interview with the manager telling me that they were highly interested and I did very well. I went to the following Q&A session and tried to be enthusiastic. I think it may have my down fall but Im still well qualified and nice person. I got a call two days later and was not offered a position. I really could not believe it. But I also got the feeling that I was being steered from the job...almost that feeling like I was discriminated against(I was over qualified). Its a weird feeling! But I just keep positive.

Interview Question – What are your 3 biggest accomplishments?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Waltham, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at PAREXEL in June 2012.

Interview Details – I had two phone interviews, and then a face to face meeting with about 6 people. They were all very nice, seemed to be enthusiastic, but some were distracted, I think a big meeting was going on that day.

Interview Question – You have to know you background   Answer Question

CRA II Interview

CRA II
Billerica, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PAREXEL in October 2011.

Interview Details – Scenario situations presented (i.e. what would you do upon identifying an unreported SAE while at the site monitoring, what would you do if you arrive to the site if none of the data has been completed).

Interview Question – If you have worked in the field, none of the questions should come across as difficult. All common knowledge in the Clinical Research world.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate, but now wish that I had stayed with my previous employer.

Drug Safety Associate Interview

Drug Safety Associate
Waltham, MA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PAREXEL in September 2008.

Interview Details – First received a phone call to set up interview, which was fairly quickly. One face to face interview, with 4 different management staff. Received a call back in 3 weeks with an offer.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, but I wish I would have.

Imaging Research Associate Interview

Imaging Research Associate
Billerica, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at PAREXEL in February 2012.

Interview Details – Initial Phone Interview Screening with HR personnel, secondary screening with hiring manager.

Interview Question – Please review your current responsibilities, hiring experience, and managing experience   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Waltham, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at PAREXEL in June 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an email from an outsourced recruiter to setup a 30 minute conversation over the phone. I received a very positive feedback and I was told that in 3-5 days I will be scheduled for a 2nd round phone interview. It has been 3 months now and I have been told the same thing every week that the recruiter has not heard back from the hiring manager. Therefore, I decided to withdraw my application because I do not want to work for a company that does not know how to treat their employees. Evidently, the whole interview process confirms the claim.

Interview Question – What are your greatest accomplishment?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Director Interview

Director
Lowell, MA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at PAREXEL in June 2011.

Interview Details – This company is awful. I had a decent interview there and have never had trouble with an interview before, most of the time an offer comes without a hitch. The head recruiter asked me to come out for a day to speak with them after a phone screen.

After spending the day there and taking a vacation day off to speak with them, they never had the courtesy to call me back and say they didn't want to offer a job. I was interviewing for a fairly senior job.

It is fine not to want to hire someone, no problem with this, but not to call them after they spent a day at your offices it just disrespectful and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Clinical Data Manager Interview

Clinical Data Manager
San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PAREXEL in May 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring manager was very pleasant, very knowledgeable and capable. She is one of the truly good managers there that help drive the organization

Interview Question – I don't believe any of the questions were particularly difficult. Typically difficult questions were generic such as "describe your most difficult situation in your last job, and what you did to resolve it."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase. They simply say the job pays this. Any attempt to negotiate is turned down. Due to the impacted market, they have a large pool of candidates ready to fill in a spot if you do not.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Lowell, MA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PAREXEL in November 2008.

Interview Details – Meet with a recruiter first
Once vetted, meet with hiring manager and any other key people

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – It was a little lengthy, but not bad. I did not need to negotiate.

Drug Safety Associate Interview

Drug Safety Associate
Waltham, MA

The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at PAREXEL in August 2010.

Interview Details – This interview process was a joke. Parexel uses an outside resource, Kenexa, to help them staff this position. Recruiter had no clue about any of the job details. She didn't call on scheduled time we were supposed to talk. She couldn't answer any of my questions. When I went in for in person interview, the hiring manager wasn't focused, didn't make eye contact, answered her phone during interview, and didn't come across very professional at all. Because I heard so many great things about company, I told myself this must have just been a bad day. HR didn't even give me any benefit details until after I had an offer. My references were checked once before offer by outside recruiter per hiring manager's policy, then outside company did my reference checks a second time. This whole process was very unorganized. I thought it would be different when I started. It wasn't. I resigned after 2 weeks. The trainer that was supposed to train me, had her own training to do. I was a burden to her. She left me all alone. I was working 10-12 hour days with no help whatsover.

Interview Question – Do yo have any colleagues that would be interested in this position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They could only pay up to 70K. No negotiation. For the work that is required, this is a sweatshop.
This position is a trainwreck. Do not work in their drug safety group. Very high turnover, high stress.