PAREXEL Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.7

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PAREXEL.

1. Kenexa recruiter contacts you and does an initial screen.
    2. HR contacts you and they set up the inteviews with the internal hiring panel
    3. Phone interviews with internal panel members
    4. Bring you in for a face to face
    5. Make an offer if they like you

Interview Questions
    • Depends on the position you are applying for. You will be asked a series of what if scenarios and how you would resolve the problem, prevent an issue or handle the situation. They are big on client satisfaction type questions. If you are applying for an Project Manager position, be prepared to answer questions re: quality and risk and what CTMS systems you have used.   Answer Question
    For some positions, they do not negotiate. It is take it or leave it. For positions that they need to fill badly (Project Managers, CTMS, CRAs, etc..) you do have some room to negotiate in terms of salary and being home based.

CRA II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied online - interviewed at PAREXEL in May 2011.

all phone interviews. the first is all about the content of your resume very brief summary, the second more details asking about your experiences as a CRA. Kind of technical nothing you cannot handle provided you know your onions the third is a behavioral interview testing your skills in site situational cases.

CRA I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Durham, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PAREXEL in September 2012.

I applied online and quickly received a call for more information. I was told that I would have to interview in person and would I be available in about two weeks. I followed up after the phone screen and realized that I would get the in person. I got an email soon after confirming. I came in and had a good interview with the manager telling me that they were highly interested and I did very well. I went to the following Q&A session and tried to be enthusiastic. I think it may have my down fall but Im still well qualified and nice person. I got a call two days later and was not offered a position. I really could not believe it. But I also got the feeling that I was being steered from the job...almost that feeling like I was discriminated against(I was over qualified). Its a weird feeling! But I just keep positive.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at PAREXEL in June 2012.

I had two phone interviews, and then a face to face meeting with about 6 people. They were all very nice, seemed to be enthusiastic, but some were distracted, I think a big meeting was going on that day.

CRA II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Billerica, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Billerica, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at PAREXEL in October 2011.

Scenario situations presented (i.e. what would you do upon identifying an unreported SAE while at the site monitoring, what would you do if you arrive to the site if none of the data has been completed).

Interview Questions
    • If you have worked in the field, none of the questions should come across as difficult. All common knowledge in the Clinical Research world.   View Answers (2)
    I didn't negotiate, but now wish that I had stayed with my previous employer.

Drug Safety Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PAREXEL in September 2008.

First received a phone call to set up interview, which was fairly quickly. One face to face interview, with 4 different management staff. Received a call back in 3 weeks with an offer.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate, but I wish I would have.

Imaging Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Billerica, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Billerica, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at PAREXEL in February 2012.

Initial Phone Interview Screening with HR personnel, secondary screening with hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Please review your current responsibilities, hiring experience, and managing experience   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at PAREXEL in June 2011.

I applied online and received an email from an outsourced recruiter to setup a 30 minute conversation over the phone. I received a very positive feedback and I was told that in 3-5 days I will be scheduled for a 2nd round phone interview. It has been 3 months now and I have been told the same thing every week that the recruiter has not heard back from the hiring manager. Therefore, I decided to withdraw my application because I do not want to work for a company that does not know how to treat their employees. Evidently, the whole interview process confirms the claim.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lowell, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at PAREXEL in June 2011.

This company is awful. I had a decent interview there and have never had trouble with an interview before, most of the time an offer comes without a hitch. The head recruiter asked me to come out for a day to speak with them after a phone screen.

After spending the day there and taking a vacation day off to speak with them, they never had the courtesy to call me back and say they didn't want to offer a job. I was interviewing for a fairly senior job.

It is fine not to want to hire someone, no problem with this, but not to call them after they spent a day at your offices it just disrespectful and unprofessional.

Clinical Data Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PAREXEL in May 2009.

Hiring manager was very pleasant, very knowledgeable and capable. She is one of the truly good managers there that help drive the organization

Interview Questions
    • I don't believe any of the questions were particularly difficult. Typically difficult questions were generic such as "describe your most difficult situation in your last job, and what you did to resolve it."   View Answer
    No negotiation phase. They simply say the job pays this. Any attempt to negotiate is turned down. Due to the impacted market, they have a large pool of candidates ready to fill in a spot if you do not.