Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at PAREXEL
- Project Manager (10)
- Clinical Monitoring Associate (9)
- CRA II (8)
- Clinical Data Manager (5)
- Clinical Research Associate II (5)
- Senior Clinical Research Associate (5)
- Drug Safety Associate (4)
- CMA (4)
- Director (3)
- Financial Analyst (3)
- Manager (3)
- Administrative Assistant (3)
- Imaging Research Associate (3)
- Senior Project Manager (3)
- Project Leader (3)
- CRA (3)
- Project Specialist (2)
- Principal Statistical Programmer (2)
- Clinical Trial Specialist II (2)
- Clinical Research Associate I (2)
- Senior CRA (2)
- Medical Writer (2)
- Software Engineer (2)
- Associate (2)
- Clinical Research Assistant (2)
- Research Associate (2)
- Clinical Data Analyst (1)
- Project Financial Analyst (1)
- N/A (1)
- Network Engineer (1)
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PAREXEL (Harrow, England (UK)) in September 2015.
Parexel, Northwick Park in London. Tip: get the train to Kenton and walk! Northwick Park is a tiny, isolated station which takes ages to get to! One-to-one interview with Senior Logistics Manager Amanda Knaggs. Mainly scenario based, e.g. If you administered something that you shouldn't have to a volunteer, how would you deal with it, also competency based, e.g. experience in catering, and tell me about yourself which was a good warm-up!
- What would you do if a volunteer collapsed? 1 Answer
Reasons for Declining
Got another offer in Clinical Trials that was more suited to my level of education.
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PAREXEL.
initial contact from a recruiter from Parexel HR via Linkedin, going through previous experience etc. a few weeks later, a recruiter contacted again to say the position was filled and closed (a candidate was going through the final stage of interview when they first contacted me).
- previous experience in clinical research and project management Answer Question
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PAREXEL (Uxbridge, England (UK)).
Long process (1 Month) Phone interview (x2) face to face with 3 people then offer - To be fair, i interviewed with a lovely person, who you could tell wanted me to do well. Also there was a HR person in olved asking me basic HR questions - a bit odd
- Competence Based Mainly Answer Question
- Accepted Offer
2 interviews with HR and phone interview with hiring manager. HR interviews were general questions. Hiring manager asked me about my knowledge of clinical trials and also focused on 1 to 1 training and presentation to small groups
- Tell me about your understanding of the drug development process Answer Question
Helpful (1)No OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at PAREXEL (London, England (UK)) in August 2014.
applied through a recruiter; first stage interview over the telephone; the person was very friendly and wanted to find out about my experience and ask a few technical questions, They wanted to know how many documents I have written, reviewed or edited. They actually want to know the numbers of each type of document (CSRs, protocols, CTDs etc)
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PAREXEL (London, England (UK)) in August 2014.
Quick, took around 3 weeks from application to interview to offer. Friendly and helpful and very planned step by step process. Started with phone then went into another phone interview and then a webcam interview. No face to face.
- How does your experience apply to the role? Answer Question
Helpful (1)No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PAREXEL (Uxbridge, England (UK)) in July 2014.
I applied online, got an email and phone call a few minutes later asking for a telephone interview. I had this interview a few days later which went very well. I got moved to the next stage which was the writing test, I sent my test back 6 days later, called to confirm that they had received. The recruiter promised to get back to me shortly. After a week and no contact I called her and promise to call me the next day. two days after that I still didn't hear from them, so I call again and no answer, call a few more time and it was not answered. I decided to hide my number and immediately it was answered, she promised to call me back the next day and guess what she never did. I called a week later, she picked up the phone as I introduced myself, she hung up and would not pick it again when I rang back immediately. This is the most disgusting recruitment process I have been through, it was an absolute joke, Whoever wants to work for this company, God help you and for those who are working for them, I feel really sorry for you.
- It was really scenario questions, like how did you manage a recent conflict with a colleague Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at PAREXEL in July 2014.
First had a telephone interview with recruting agency, then another phone interview with HR department at parexel. A video conference interview was next with a direction and lastly another phone interview with HR.
- All questions will be familiar for a CRA with experience. Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PAREXEL (London, England (UK)) in July 2014.
The interview process is quite simple, you get a phone call and first the telephonic interview, face to face interview (depending on the position and location of the position), once it was video conference and then as usual call with HR to see how it went. HR also calls you 3-4 times after the interview and say that the interviewers are interested in your profile and keeps gauging your interest for taking on that opportunity. After a long wait of 2-3 months, every time, I received a rejection saying they have received a candidate whose skills and experience matches more closely than mine.
- General Clinical Study Management operational questions. I felt like a teenager is being asked about identify a color or identify a shape. Interviewer asked behavioural questions as well, which are common in industry. Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PAREXEL (London, England (UK)) in April 2014.
Three interviews: 1st stage with HR on the phone, 2nd phone interview with Senior consultant, 3rd and last interview in the offices, 1h with SVP and VP followed by 15 min presentation about why them and why they should hire me followed by Q&A. Then 90 min to write a mini review on limited information about what they wanted, using 9 scientific journals provided by them. At the end a 30 min chat with 2 Junior Analysts. Very exhausting process I must say.
- What do I know about the challenges faced by the Pharmaceutical companies in the cardiovascular disorders sector in Romania (as I come from Romania). Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review