PAREXEL

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Interview

Associate
Uxbridge, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at PAREXEL in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online through Parexel's system and was quickly contacted by their Talent Acquisition group for a phone screen. Initial communications went well and was told they would be back in contact shortly. Approximately 2 weeks later I was called by another HR person to set up an in-person interview.

The in-person interview went well I thought. Those who interviewed me where nice and professional; they thoroughly answered all the questions I brought with me as well.

It has been 2 weeks since the interview took place and no one from the company has contacted me to tell me I either didn't or did get the position. I contacted the HR person I worked with requesting next steps regardless of the outcome following the interview and never heard anything back. This is unfortunate because the company seems to have a lot of exciting things happening and a talented group individuals within the dept I interviewed with.. However, if their dedicated team of HR Talent Acquisition professionals cannot even get back to potential hires regarding next steps, that leaves a negative first impression about what working for the company is like.

Interview Question – The interview questions were what I'd expect ranging from technical to behavioral. Example questions:

Tell us about your previous experience.
Why did you apply for this job and what interests you about it?
What has been your most challenging project?
How do you handle working with a fellow employee you don't like?
  Answer Question

Clinical Data Analyst I Interview

Clinical Data Analyst I
Sheffield, England (UK)

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PAREXEL.

Interview Details – HR people contacted me by seeing the profile in Linkedin. I gave a brief HR interview. They arranged for a telephone interview with a senior manager. I answered all her questions very well. She said that she would arrange a face-face interview with me but never heard from her again. I mailed her but no reply. They might have at least replied saying that I am rejected.

Interview Question – none. all questions are very easy   View Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Nottingham, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PAREXEL.

Interview Details – Upload CV, Telephone Interview & Face to Face Interview

Interview Question – Went through CV, the role its self then some questions about customer service, how you work in a team, how you measure your level of success   View Answer

Medical Writer Interview

Medical Writer

I applied online and interviewed at PAREXEL.

Interview Details – Highly inefficient recruitment process in the UK. Treat the candidates like their puppets and keep them hanging in and get you to do unnecessary interviews with repetitive questions. Two telephone interviews, one panel interview and then another HR interview for a junior role. Asked me to to go to their far off office when the position was supposed to be quite near me. The HR and the interviewers had different stand on the location of the job. Did not get back to me with their decision despite promising to do so by a certain date twice.

Interview Question – The questions were fairly standard but the recruitment process was highly inefficient   Answer Question

Project Leader Interview

Project Leader
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PAREXEL.

Interview Details – Hiring agency, 1 phone and 1 F2F with 3 Directors, good overview provided on the industry and PXL structure

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Nottingham, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PAREXEL in July 2013.

Interview Details – I registered on the company's carer website and the HR recruiter contacted me asking whether I would be interested in a role of Financial Analyst. I said yes. First was the screening interview on a phone with HR from London- typical HR questions ie why would you like to work for our company, why are you looking for a new job etc- it was very pleasant and took around 1h. The second interview was face to face with a hiring manager and a senior from the team. The questions were again very easy with not much technical knowledge being tested. After the 2nd interview I was asked to fill in an online personal test after which I went for the 3rd interview with an HR person and a finance manager from Boston (video conference). First I was left 1to1 with the manager and was asked many competency questions: give me an example of a situation when you did this and that_kind of questions. Then the HR lady came back and we discussed my personal test answers.
The whole recruitment process went smoothly and I was told that I would be informed about the result within a week... and haven't heard from them ever after. After few weeks I sent and email to the HR lady from London- the one I was in touch with through the whole process but haven't received any answer.
Tbh I was a bit disappointed that after 3 stages and the final interview they didn't bother to contact me with any feedback..

Interview Question – Many questions about samples of your behaviour in different situations.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Uxbridge, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PAREXEL in December 2011.

Interview Details – I received a call from their HR. They arranged the interview. The interview was easy and I believe I did well but never received any call back from them. I emailed and called but no response. I took a day off and wen to their office. They could at least give a call and say I was not successful.

Interview Question – Example of a team work   View Answer

Technical Interview

Technical
Uxbridge, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PAREXEL in January 2012.

Interview Details – Received a call from recruitment team after 3 months of applying. Booked and interview date... then it cancelled.. they booked another interview date.. Interview was horrible.. never had such an interview.. They couldnt find a room available.. telephone in the room kept ringing all the way interview.. Never received any update.. Emailed them few times but never received a clear answer.... wasted couple of days with these guys..

Interview Question – Example of difficult project   Answer Question

Clinical Trial Specialist I Interview

Clinical Trial Specialist I
Uxbridge, England (UK)

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PAREXEL in December 2011.

Interview Details – After submitting CV, you get a phone interview (lasts about half hour) where you get asked general questions such as what you did in your last post, what salary you expect, if you have done any of the things on the job spec and eg's of that. Then you get invited to a face to face interview usually within a week after your phone interview, this lasts about 2 hours, you get asked a variety of competency questions, including eg's of teamwork, communication, dealing with difficult customers, leadership, how you made something better with your communication skills, biggest achievement in career etc They were pretty general but make sure you have lots of eg's prepared. Then you have a skills test on the computer which you can't really prepare for but it will be based around your role that you apply for.

Interview Question – give an example where you made something better using your communication skills.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't really negotiate, I read up on interview skills and read that you shouldn't really negotiate, the company will provide a salary against standards in the market for similar roles so it doesn't really matter i don't think.

Senior Clinical Research Associate Interview

Senior Clinical Research Associate
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at PAREXEL in June 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was a face-to-face interview with an Associate Director, a Line Manager and the HR Manager. It was a friendly atmosphere. The interview began initially with questions about my past roles etc followed by a series of competency/behavioural type questions. There must have been at least 20 such questions. You have to support each question with an example of an incident or situation which had taken place and how you dealt with it or what you learnt from it. It was quite challenging having to relate a different scenario for each question but the interviewers were very encouraging and helpful; they prompted me to use a previous scenario for some of the questions when I drew a blank at some questions. At the end of the interview which lasted a good 2 hours, I had to complete a test on a laptop. The test consisted of questions relating to pharmaceutical drug research, systems and processes as well as your writing skills.

Interview Question – Give us an example of a communication which went wrong and how did you deal with it or what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The recruitment agency negotiated with the company on my behalf.

Interviews for Top Jobs at PAREXEL

Worked for PAREXEL? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PAREXEL interview questions and advice in United Kingdom. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by PAREXEL employees and interview candidates.