PAREXEL

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Interview

Associate
Uxbridge, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at PAREXEL in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online through Parexel's system and was quickly contacted by their Talent Acquisition group for a phone screen. Initial communications went well and was told they would be back in contact shortly. Approximately 2 weeks later I was called by another HR person to set up an in-person interview.

The in-person interview went well I thought. Those who interviewed me where nice and professional; they thoroughly answered all the questions I brought with me as well.

It has been 2 weeks since the interview took place and no one from the company has contacted me to tell me I either didn't or did get the position. I contacted the HR person I worked with requesting next steps regardless of the outcome following the interview and never heard anything back. This is unfortunate because the company seems to have a lot of exciting things happening and a talented group individuals within the dept I interviewed with.. However, if their dedicated team of HR Talent Acquisition professionals cannot even get back to potential hires regarding next steps, that leaves a negative first impression about what working for the company is like.

Interview Question – The interview questions were what I'd expect ranging from technical to behavioral. Example questions:

Tell us about your previous experience.
Why did you apply for this job and what interests you about it?
What has been your most challenging project?
How do you handle working with a fellow employee you don't like?
  Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Uxbridge, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PAREXEL in December 2011.

Interview Details – I received a call from their HR. They arranged the interview. The interview was easy and I believe I did well but never received any call back from them. I emailed and called but no response. I took a day off and wen to their office. They could at least give a call and say I was not successful.

Interview Question – Example of a team work   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Technical Interview

Technical
Uxbridge, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PAREXEL in January 2012.

Interview Details – Received a call from recruitment team after 3 months of applying. Booked and interview date... then it cancelled.. they booked another interview date.. Interview was horrible.. never had such an interview.. They couldnt find a room available.. telephone in the room kept ringing all the way interview.. Never received any update.. Emailed them few times but never received a clear answer.... wasted couple of days with these guys..

Interview Question – Example of difficult project   Answer Question

Clinical Trial Specialist I Interview

Clinical Trial Specialist I
Uxbridge, England (UK)

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PAREXEL in December 2011.

Interview Details – After submitting CV, you get a phone interview (lasts about half hour) where you get asked general questions such as what you did in your last post, what salary you expect, if you have done any of the things on the job spec and eg's of that. Then you get invited to a face to face interview usually within a week after your phone interview, this lasts about 2 hours, you get asked a variety of competency questions, including eg's of teamwork, communication, dealing with difficult customers, leadership, how you made something better with your communication skills, biggest achievement in career etc They were pretty general but make sure you have lots of eg's prepared. Then you have a skills test on the computer which you can't really prepare for but it will be based around your role that you apply for.

Interview Question – give an example where you made something better using your communication skills.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't really negotiate, I read up on interview skills and read that you shouldn't really negotiate, the company will provide a salary against standards in the market for similar roles so it doesn't really matter i don't think.

Worked for PAREXEL? Contribute to the Community!