PAREXEL

2.7

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Analyst, Resource Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PAREXEL.

I was contacted by a recruiter in a week after I sent my CV through the company's website. The same week I had a screen phone interview for 30 min. The following week I had a phone conversation with the hiring manager and was invited for the in person interview. I met with two VP's for 45 min each and received the offer the following day. The whole process, starting from sending my CV to the offer letter, took three weeks.

Interview Questions
    • No behavioral questions, just probing on the possible business case scenarios.   Answer Question
    No negotiation; take or leave it.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PAREXEL.

1. Kenexa recruiter contacts you and does an initial screen.
    2. HR contacts you and they set up the inteviews with the internal hiring panel
    3. Phone interviews with internal panel members
    4. Bring you in for a face to face
    5. Make an offer if they like you

Interview Questions
    • Depends on the position you are applying for. You will be asked a series of what if scenarios and how you would resolve the problem, prevent an issue or handle the situation. They are big on client satisfaction type questions. If you are applying for an Project Manager position, be prepared to answer questions re: quality and risk and what CTMS systems you have used.   Answer Question
    For some positions, they do not negotiate. It is take it or leave it. For positions that they need to fill badly (Project Managers, CTMS, CRAs, etc..) you do have some room to negotiate in terms of salary and being home based.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PAREXEL in June 2012.

I had two phone interviews, and then a face to face meeting with about 6 people. They were all very nice, seemed to be enthusiastic, but some were distracted, I think a big meeting was going on that day.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PAREXEL in June 2011.

I applied online and received an email from an outsourced recruiter to setup a 30 minute conversation over the phone. I received a very positive feedback and I was told that in 3-5 days I will be scheduled for a 2nd round phone interview. It has been 3 months now and I have been told the same thing every week that the recruiter has not heard back from the hiring manager. Therefore, I decided to withdraw my application because I do not want to work for a company that does not know how to treat their employees. Evidently, the whole interview process confirms the claim.

Drug Safety Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at PAREXEL in August 2010.

This interview process was a joke. Parexel uses an outside resource, Kenexa, to help them staff this position. Recruiter had no clue about any of the job details. She didn't call on scheduled time we were supposed to talk. She couldn't answer any of my questions. When I went in for in person interview, the hiring manager wasn't focused, didn't make eye contact, answered her phone during interview, and didn't come across very professional at all. Because I heard so many great things about company, I told myself this must have just been a bad day. HR didn't even give me any benefit details until after I had an offer. My references were checked once before offer by outside recruiter per hiring manager's policy, then outside company did my reference checks a second time. This whole process was very unorganized. I thought it would be different when I started. It wasn't. I resigned after 2 weeks. The trainer that was supposed to train me, had her own training to do. I was a burden to her. She left me all alone. I was working 10-12 hour days with no help whatsover.

Interview Questions
    • Do yo have any colleagues that would be interested in this position?   View Answer
    They could only pay up to 70K. No negotiation. For the work that is required, this is a sweatshop.
    This position is a trainwreck. Do not work in their drug safety group. Very high turnover, high stress.

Drug Safety Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PAREXEL in September 2008.

First received a phone call to set up interview, which was fairly quickly. One face to face interview, with 4 different management staff. Received a call back in 3 weeks with an offer.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate, but I wish I would have.