PAS Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2014
Updated Aug 6, 2014

2.0

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at PAS in May 2014.

Phone screen by an outside recruiter. Phone screen by internal recruiter. Phone interview with a currently employed project manager, three in-person interviews including interviews with the brothers that own the company. Shortly before the final interview with second brother/owner I was told by the internal recruiter that the interview was just a meeting and that she had my offer "on her desk."

After the last "meeting" I was told "thanks, we'll get back to you." No one at PAS told me anything else. The external recruiter told me I was not going to be offered the job after all. When I pressed as to why, I was told, "It's not you, it's them." Seriously. Very unprofessional.

I have been working in the oil and gas sector for 20+ years and have been told no before. I was approached by PAS' external recruiter; I did not seek out the job. The main reason I even started the process was because I had had worked with PAS on previous projects and respected the company. This experience was quite eye-opening. I really feel like I got jerked around here. If I was not a fit; or rubbed someone the wrong way, I have no issue with being passed over. The way in which it was handled was extremely unprofessional. I really think I am better off not having gotten the offer.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions. Typical interview   Answer Question

RN Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at PAS in July 2014.

Received call to interview. Arrived and met head nurse for home care position. Discussed job requirements and salary. Then we both went to director, who also talked about job requirements. Asked very little of the traditional interview questions at all (e.g. tell me about yourself, what are your greatest strengths, etc...). Only asked why I was leaving current employer and where I graduated nursing school. Seemed like I had to ask most of the questions! It's only been a three days, so I haven't heard anything back yet.

Asset Model Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PAS in May 2012.

Phone call for interview. Three interviews to join. Two skills tests. One drug test. Pretty straight forward. Everyone is nice and you get a tour of the clear lake office.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PAS in January 2009.

Strong leadership team flew me out for an interview, took me to dinner, and introduced me to all of the pertinent decision makers I would work with. I would later phone interview with a manager whom I never met (VP of Business Development) after essentially accepting the job to work direct for the president. This was a major issue.

The relocation package fell apart and I was not too keen on the supervisor I would report to after the entire process did not involve him.

Sales Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at PAS.

I was contacted by PAS to interview for a sales job through a former coworker. The HR Manager could not arrange interviews with all people who desired to meet me, so I suggested a two day period as I live in the same region of Southeast Texas.

Upon arrival on the first day, the people who scheduled to interviewed me were suddenly not available. Those who did interview he did not seem to be familiar with my background or employment history.

The second day was more of the same and at no time was I told anything about the actual job, salary or specific expectations.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions and most questions were very generic sales questions such as "tell us about a great deal and a loos you were involved with"   Answer Question

Worked for PAS? Contribute to the Community!