PATH

Updated Oct 27, 2014
Updated Oct 27, 2014

3.1

Program Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PATH.

Applied online and about two weeks later I received an email from the HR department asking to set up a phone interview with one of their global recruiters. The phone interview lasted 1/2 hour and revolved mostly around my previous experiences and why I wished to work for PATH.

Interview Questions
    • The question that messed me up the most was simple, but the phrasing was confusing. She asked for an example of a time I've shown leadership. I answered in the way I believed applicable (people), but she clarified she was looking more for an answer that dealt with outputs (projects).   Answer Question

Advocacy Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at PATH.

I had a phone interview with HR and then one in person interview. The in person interview consists of two different groups of people, one followed by the other. Usually two members of the team you will work on (they rate how well you get along with the team highly).

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation, they said they had a specific percentage above previous salary they used. However, when hiring a senior level manager, they allowed for generous negotiation including waiting for several months before the person started. How much you get depends on how badly they want you.

Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PATH.

Was contacted by HR manager shortly after I applied for a phone interview. The manager got back to me pretty quickly about setting up a first round of interviews with person who would be my performance leader. The second round happened with the department director.

Interview Questions
    • How well I work with a group of people with bombastic personalities.   Answer Question
    The negotiation phase was pretty simple. I did request slightly more, and they were able to grant my request. Between the interview and being hired, it took about 3 weeks.

Senior Scientist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PATH in October 2013.

After my online application I was invited to a 30-minute phone screen with the senior recruiter of the position and two rounds of on-site interviews with senior management and team members of the department. Everyone provided comprehensive information on the responsibilities and requirements of the position and the organization in general. From the start of my application I was regularly updated on my application and the next steps. The information I obtained and the people I met during the process strongly reinforced my interest to work at PATH.

Interview Questions
    • Questions specifically addressed experience and skills in drug development.   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PATH in September 2013.

I applied for the position via the company website, but the process was clunky and indicated errors so I wasn't sure that my application was received. I decided to double my chances by forwarding my resume and cover letter to the company's career email address. Coincidentally, I received a broadcast message via LinkedIn from a PATH representative in HR, providing a brief description of the position and encouraging me to apply. I responded that I had already applied through the company's website and via email to the careers email address, with no confirmation of receipt. The HR representative found no record of my application, and asked me to forward my documents to her, which I did. Immediately thereafter, the next day I believe, we spoke by telephone, and the next day again, we arranged my in-person meetings with the team - a paralegal, the hiring attorney, and the HR representative. Because these things transpired quickly, I had guessed that the team was eager to fill the position; and in spite of the initial website issues and lack of response to mail I'd sent to the careers email address, I was impressed with their efficiency and decisiveness. In light of my active search and interviews for new employment, the HR representative requested that I stay in contact about the status of my search, generally, and specifically about this position. It has been almost three weeks since my in-person meetings with the team.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions. The meetings were conversational and comfortable. (Incidentally, I did bring several questions of my own which each member of the team were happy to answer.)   Answer Question

Clinical Research/Program Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at PATH in September 2013.

I recently went through the interview process at PATH. The initial phone interview with the Senior Global Recruiter was pleasant and informative. The discussion was helpful for me to see what PATH was looking for and whether it would be a good fit. After several weeks, I was contacted for a phone interview with a Program Officer, Program Manager, Medical Director, and Global Director. The calls were conversational with questions specific to skills related to clinical trials. I learned more about the job functions and some potential projects I might be working on. I was invited for an in-person interview several weeks later where I talked to other team members. The Senior Global Recruiter also flew in to meet and talk in person. A competitive offer was made a week later. I was very impressed with the process from start to finish and can see why PATH is a highly regarded global organization. It became clear through the interview process the level of talents, collaboration, and professionalism at PATH.

Interview Questions
    • Questions on specific skills relating to job function.   Answer Question
    The offer was competitive and was accepted without negotiation.

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PATH.

Three round interview process. First was through an HR recruiter. Second round was with four different individuals within the team, one of which I would replace. Third round was with the project director.

Interview Questions
    • What do you find the most difficult when working in a global environment?   Answer Question

Technology Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PATH in October 2010.

Had 2 interviews, one with PATH recruiter and then she referred me to the hiring manager.Recruiter interview lasted 45min. Salary expectation was requested in first call, since as a non-profit they offer a bit below the industry average and as the recruiter told me "learning the salary range for the position usually stops people who are not very interested".

Second interview with hiring manager was ok, I got the impression that things were very political and chaotic at PATH. Interview was not very structured, I asked more questions about the position than they asked me. No offer was made of course, but a thank you but no thank you email would have been nice either from the hiring manager or the recruiter. No word whatsoever from either one! Sorry, but that experience and everything I learned about the organization made me think twice about applying there again. Too bad...

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

The process took a dayinterviewed at PATH in June 2010.

PATH gets a TON of applications, and I was lucky to have been chosen for an en entry-level communications position. It was more similar to an administrative position, and didn't really play up to my prior skills as an ED for a non-profit, as well as a Program Director for another non-profit.

I had a panel interview, with really basic questions. After that interview I was asked to interview with the director I was going to be assisting, and that was a brief 1 on 1.

I was told that the job was very administrative and wouldn't play to my prior director level experience well. In all honesty, I'm happy they told me that and that I didn't move forward, because I think I wouldn't have been too happy in that position.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PATH in October 2009.

Received a phone interview from the HR recruiter shortly after posting my resume to the site. Discussed my background and was told I was a good candidate. Three weeks later I was invited to a day of 1:1 interviews with the Directors and VP, all of whom were under the impression I was going to be working for them aboutt 75% of the time. In my followup call with the recruiter, I noted the perception that I was going to be working for many different bosses. I asked who I would be reporting to and this threw the recruiter for a loop. They ended up not hiring for the position when they couldn't decide on a supervisor and job design.

Interview Questions
    • What experience do you have in vaccine development?   View Answer