PBS Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

2.5

Video Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PBS (Arlington, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Sent in my resume and they took about 3 months to contact me. I first had a phone interview went well. Then it took about a month or so for then to setup a 1:1 with a couple of interviewers. Then another week for another 1:1. Then a few days later a another 1:1 and interview with HR. So I have went thru several rounds of meeting, it is a corporate company. The people where a pleasure to speak with, really wanting to know who you are as much as what you can bring to the table.They gave me a good over of who they where looking for.They all seem to be a team players. Now the working environment standard corporate style yet cool and fun in places.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PBS.

Interview

I just submitted my info online through their general site and then got an email to do an in person interview with the producer. She was very nice and it was welcoming and straight forward.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PBS (Arlington, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

There were two phone screens. The first one was with the manager who was undecided on what skill set she needed for the position. The job description was changed a week before I interviewed. I was told by the recruiter to emphasize technical skills, but the hiring manager focused on business process questions. The second phone screen was with a teammate (potential peer), which focused on what if/open ended questions. According to the recruiter, the manager stated that I was qualified for the position, but she didn't want to hire me. I'm not sure if that indicated a personality conflict, lack of company culture fit or something politically incorrect.

Interview Questions

• How would you kick off a project, if you received a request to implement a new software package?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PBS (Bethlehem, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

Very easy. My school basically got me the internship and they just had to interview me to make sure I wasn't crazy. They asked me about my interests in the production field and asked me to take me through my resume.

Digital Product Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at PBS (Arlington, VA) in July 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview, an in-person interview, and was told months later that they changed their minds about hiring for the position. I interviewed with the direct report, the 2 other team members, and the HR rep (so it was 4 separate in-person interviews at the PBS headquarters.) This was in July and then in December the direct report for the position told me they never hired anyone and then asked me to meet him for coffee to see if I was still interested in the position. I did meet him for coffee in December and then in February the job was reposted but at a lower salary grade. I applied for that but have not heard anything. The direct report kept responding to my emails, so I assumed this meant I was a serious candidate, but I now think he was just a goofball who lead me on. My impression of PBS is that they are really disorganized and subject to bureaucratic processes that are slow-moving.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you made a mistake at work and how you handled it?   1 Answer

Senior Web Technologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PBS in March 2014.

Interview

I had a phone screener interview after I submitted my resume on their website. They asked me a bit about my experience from my resume. The one technical question was to trace an entire HTTP request when someone goes to a website in their browser. It's good to give as much detail as possible on this, they're grasping to see how much you know about the web technologies at play, and the underlying network layers, getting onto the server. I was asked to do an in-person interview. We worked through a couple of problems on the whiteboard, going back and forth with a group of interviewers. I also worked on a server, troubleshooting a couple of apache configuration errors, while walking them through my .

Interview Questions

• Who is your favorite muppet and why?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PBS (Anchorage, AK).

Interview

you had anbehavioral interview

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Christiansted, VI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PBS (Christiansted, VI) in December 2013.

Interview

Pretty short and concise. There were about 3 interviewers and one over the phone. They were all friendly and made sure i was comfortable before and during the interview. Overall, as a new graduate with a Bachelor's in communications, i felt confident that i would get the job even though i didn't have much experience.

Interview Questions

• What experience did you have in television production? Are you familiar with non-linear editing? Can you work well with a team? Highest form of education?   Answer Question

Education Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PBS (Washington, DC) in June 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with four people over four hours. Was flown in on short notice. They invested a lot of money for a quick interview and I still didn't make the final cut!

Interview Questions

• There really weren't any difficult questions. It was more about pulling enough information out of them about what they do.   Answer Question

Senior Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PBS (Washington, DC) in May 2012.

Interview

Flew to Washington to have lunch with executive producer

Interview Questions

• How I would change the program, what I would do to improve it   Answer Question
    • How would I interact with staffmembers who would be resistant to change   Answer Question