PBS

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Web Technologist Interview

Senior Web Technologist

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PBS in March 2014.

Interview Details – I had a phone screener interview after I submitted my resume on their website. They asked me a bit about my experience from my resume. The one technical question was to trace an entire HTTP request when someone goes to a website in their browser. It's good to give as much detail as possible on this, they're grasping to see how much you know about the web technologies at play, and the underlying network layers, getting onto the server.

I was asked to do an in-person interview. We worked through a couple of problems on the whiteboard, going back and forth with a group of interviewers. I also worked on a server, troubleshooting a couple of apache configuration errors, while walking them through my .

Interview Question – Who is your favorite muppet and why?   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Anchorage, AK

I applied online and interviewed at PBS.

Interview Details – you had anbehavioral interview

Interview Question – who you want to be in 10 years   Answer Question

Education Sales Interview

Education Sales
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PBS in June 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed with four people over four hours. Was flown in on short notice. They invested a lot of money for a quick interview and I still didn't make the final cut!

Interview Question – There really weren't any difficult questions. It was more about pulling enough information out of them about what they do.   Answer Question

Senior Producer Interview

Senior Producer
Washington, DC

The process took a day - interviewed at PBS in May 2012.

Interview Details – Flew to Washington to have lunch with executive producer

Interview Questions

• How I would change the program, what I would do to improve it   Answer Question
  • How would I interact with staffmembers who would be resistant to change   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Associate Director
Arlington, VA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at PBS in January 2010.

Interview Details – Applied from an online application. Was contacted by hiring manager to schedule a phone then one on one interview with the team. After the interview, was "put on hold" for nearly 30 days before receiving a call from Human Resources when I was not selected to move through the process. Good communication, just would have hoped that the process from interview to HR "declined" phone call was a bit shorter so I wasn't left hanging.

Interview Question – Tell me why you want to work for PBS   View Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at PBS in December 2009.

Interview Details – I interviewed for a research assistant position at PBS Frontline that required a mix of technical and political skills. I thought things went well in general, though I was told I was the first person being interviewed and they would be interviewing others all week.

The interviewers (two of them) were generally friendly and made me feel comfortable. They asked some annoying questions that I didn't really have a response to. I wasn't really told that the job involved working on the website beforehand, for example, and they asked me for ideas off the top of my head on improving their website.

Interview Question – What is something we can improve on our website which currently shows videos of episodes of Frontline and sometimes some other things (depending on the episode)?   View Answer

Worked for PBS? Contribute to the Community!