PBS Interview Questions & Reviews

2.6

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6 days - interviewed at PBS in September 2011.

smooth interview. Went over benefits of company quickly. Had the interview with all necessary higher ups in one stay. They were dressed business casual which allowed a more laid back atmosphere

Senior Web Technologist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PBS in March 2014.

I had a phone screener interview after I submitted my resume on their website. They asked me a bit about my experience from my resume. The one technical question was to trace an entire HTTP request when someone goes to a website in their browser. It's good to give as much detail as possible on this, they're grasping to see how much you know about the web technologies at play, and the underlying network layers, getting onto the server.

I was asked to do an in-person interview. We worked through a couple of problems on the whiteboard, going back and forth with a group of interviewers. I also worked on a server, troubleshooting a couple of apache configuration errors, while walking them through my .

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Anchorage, AK
    Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

I interviewed online - interviewed at PBS.

you had anbehavioral interview

Education Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PBS in June 2013.

Interviewed with four people over four hours. Was flown in on short notice. They invested a lot of money for a quick interview and I still didn't make the final cut!

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any difficult questions. It was more about pulling enough information out of them about what they do.   Answer Question

Senior Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

The process took a day - interviewed at PBS in May 2012.

Flew to Washington to have lunch with executive producer

Interview Questions
    • How I would change the program, what I would do to improve it   Answer Question
    • How would I interact with staffmembers who would be resistant to change   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at PBS in January 2010.

Applied from an online application. Was contacted by hiring manager to schedule a phone then one on one interview with the team. After the interview, was "put on hold" for nearly 30 days before receiving a call from Human Resources when I was not selected to move through the process. Good communication, just would have hoped that the process from interview to HR "declined" phone call was a bit shorter so I wasn't left hanging.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at PBS in December 2009.

I interviewed for a research assistant position at PBS Frontline that required a mix of technical and political skills. I thought things went well in general, though I was told I was the first person being interviewed and they would be interviewing others all week.

The interviewers (two of them) were generally friendly and made me feel comfortable. They asked some annoying questions that I didn't really have a response to. I wasn't really told that the job involved working on the website beforehand, for example, and they asked me for ideas off the top of my head on improving their website.

Interview Questions
    • What is something we can improve on our website which currently shows videos of episodes of Frontline and sometimes some other things (depending on the episode)?   View Answer

Worked for PBS? Contribute to the Community!