PC Connection Account Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PC Connection (Portsmouth, NH).

Interview

Was approached via LinkedIn and had 2 phone interviews and then a face to face. Hired after face to face interview. Background check took 1.5 weeks to come back but there was an issue with the clerks office in a county where I previously lived. Starting 1 month after I accepted offer letter due to timing of training courses. Whole process took about three weeks.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have that would make you succeed at PC connection?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating. Base salary for all account managers + longevity bonus and commission.

Other Interview Reviews for PC Connection

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PC Connection in March 2015.

Interview

Company makes you feel very welcome and friendly during the whole process. They really went out of their way to make the interview process as least stressful as possible

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PC Connection (Merrimack, NH) in January 2013.

Interview

Must apply online, even if you have your resume forwarded to HR. I did apply online and had two recomendations from long time emplyees to have HR look for my resume. HR rejected me immediately saying I was "inadequate." Both employees questioned HR, saying I had an abundance of qulaifications; and were told I was over qualified and would not accept the low starting pay. when both informed HR that was not the case as I had that discussion, I was told to contact HR directly. I did and an e-mail came sugesting that I was over qualified and why would I accept the "low pay outlined." I explained, at this poiint in my career, I was over qualified for most jobs and with my sales and technoloy experience I would make it up in commissions. I finally got two phone interviews. . Then the obligatory same response. I was "inadequate". Insiders told me the company was worried about "flight". Meaning I'd leave if another offer came along. Highly unlikely in this job market especially for someone of my age. I was low risk and would ahve brought them a lot of new business. As for flight maybe after a year I'd have grabbed a better position in the company. No chance, since HR clearly descriminates against older candidates. They are what they are; shortsighted. And can't even bother to send an apropriate rejection e-mail. Just degrading, inacurrate, clearly aimed to discourage older candiates.

Interview Questions

• first question, I've seen your impressive resume, What brings you to PC Connections?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PC Connection (Merrimack, NH) in April 2011.

Interview

Initial conversation is with HR. Super standard questions - Why do you want to work here? Past work experiences, etc. Next is in person with a sales manager. First face to face discussion of strengths you can offer, then a "sell me a pen" run through over the phone to make sure you understand the basic sales process - Ask questions, find pain points, put forward solution, handle objections, close.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating. Very take it or leave it. But that's sales.