PC Connection Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

Junior IT Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Salem, NH
    Anonymous Employee in Salem, NH

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at PC Connection.

This was a contract to hire position. The recruiter arranged the interview and the interview went well. About a week later the recruiter informed me that there would be a second interview. I kept in touch with the recruiter and then everything went silent after the third week. The recruiter stopped responding to telephone calls and emails.

Interview Questions
    • What is your experience with using ghost to deploy images on desktops?   Answer Question

Citrix Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at PC Connection.

Apply on line, wait to be called for an interview, Interview with the employer, Selection and start JOB.

Project Manager IT Interview

Recruiters are very informative and involved. Advise you and set expectations very well.

From my end very solid because they did not have a strong salary but due to the fact i had experience and a Master's Degree, they were willing to consider it.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Merrimack, NH
    Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at PC Connection in August 2013.

My initial contact with the company was through my visiting their website and submitting a resume. I received a request for an interview the next day by phone. The first interview was done by phone and mainly consisted of my talking to the individual who contacted me regarding my background, the company, and the position. After that, I was contacted for a second interview within 24 hours (they are very good at follow up and do so promptly). This second interview was with an actual Manager who oversaw employees in the role I was interviewing for. The interview started somewhat shakily as the interviewer seemed like she was extremely tired and had little interest in interviewing anyone or do any other work. After a few minutes of discussing my background things started to improve. By the time the interview was over I though I was in very good position to go forward. Long story short, I was contacted the next day with the line that they were not going forward with my candidacy. Their view was that I was overqualified for the position. I get the feeling that the company is not one of the more desirable places to work for long term (at least for sales) and has very high turnover and that is a central concern for management. In the end I have continued my job search and am thrilled I did not get the job as my prospects seem very rich right now and I would have short changing myself.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions. The first interviewer focused on the basics as one would expect. The second interviewer was unprepared and unenthusiastic and did not put much effort into the interview. All the questions and more the second interviewer asked had already been asked by the previous and did not go beyond asking basic background information.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Merrimack, NH
    Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at PC Connection in January 2013.

Must apply online, even if you have your resume forwarded to HR. I did apply online and had two recomendations from long time emplyees to have HR look for my resume. HR rejected me immediately saying I was "inadequate." Both employees questioned HR, saying I had an abundance of qulaifications; and were told I was over qualified and would not accept the low starting pay. when both informed HR that was not the case as I had that discussion, I was told to contact HR directly. I did and an e-mail came sugesting that I was over qualified and why would I accept the "low pay outlined." I explained, at this poiint in my career, I was over qualified for most jobs and with my sales and technoloy experience I would make it up in commissions. I finally got two phone interviews. . Then the obligatory same response. I was "inadequate". Insiders told me the company was worried about "flight". Meaning I'd leave if another offer came along. Highly unlikely in this job market especially for someone of my age. I was low risk and would ahve brought them a lot of new business. As for flight maybe after a year I'd have grabbed a better position in the company. No chance, since HR clearly descriminates against older candidates. They are what they are; shortsighted. And can't even bother to send an apropriate rejection e-mail. Just degrading, inacurrate, clearly aimed to discourage older candiates.

Interview Questions
    • first question, I've seen your impressive resume, What brings you to PC Connections?   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Merrimack, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PC Connection in April 2011.

Initial conversation is with HR. Super standard questions - Why do you want to work here? Past work experiences, etc.

Next is in person with a sales manager. First face to face discussion of strengths you can offer, then a "sell me a pen" run through over the phone to make sure you understand the basic sales process - Ask questions, find pain points, put forward solution, handle objections, close.

Interview Questions
    No negotiating. Very take it or leave it. But that's sales.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Marlborough, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PC Connection in June 2009.

Nice environment.

Marketing Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at PC Connection.

Interview was pretty dry... tried to be intimidating. Asked ridiculous questions. I gave a presentation on the assignment I was given (provided to me a few days before the interview). Even though they were happy with it, I couldn't tell at the time. I found out afterwards. They definitely played it with a straight face.

Interview Questions
    They were hesitant to go up from the initial offer, which was below what I had originally asked for before starting the process. They went up just a bit.

Project Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at PC Connection in December 2011.

first question asked was salary requirements... total turnoff

Interview Questions
    • having salary requiremnts asked before any knowledge of the position   Answer Question

too much travel and no work at home opportunity

Worked for PC Connection? Contribute to the Community!