PC Connection Interview Questions in Merrimack, NH

2.2

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at PC Connection (Merrimack, NH) in October 2014.

Interview

Interviewed through agency for a temp to possible hire position with three key players in HR. Standard interview questions including some behavioral type questions. Need to think outside the box for this company, creativity is rewarded well. HR employees have worked there a long time, which is a good sign for a company. Really felt at ease during the interview process. Recruiting is similar to sales, put in the hard work to get the rewards and expect to work hard.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PC Connection (Merrimack, NH) in August 2013.

Interview

My initial contact with the company was through my visiting their website and submitting a resume. I received a request for an interview the next day by phone. The first interview was done by phone and mainly consisted of my talking to the individual who contacted me regarding my background, the company, and the position. After that, I was contacted for a second interview within 24 hours (they are very good at follow up and do so promptly). This second interview was with an actual Manager who oversaw employees in the role I was interviewing for. The interview started somewhat shakily as the interviewer seemed like she was extremely tired and had little interest in interviewing anyone or do any other work. After a few minutes of discussing my background things started to improve. By the time the interview was over I though I was in very good position to go forward. Long story short, I was contacted the next day with the line that they were not going forward with my candidacy. Their view was that I was overqualified for the position. I get the feeling that the company is not one of the more desirable places to work for long term (at least for sales) and has very high turnover and that is a central concern for management. In the end I have continued my job search and am thrilled I did not get the job as my prospects seem very rich right now and I would have short changing myself.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions. The first interviewer focused on the basics as one would expect. The second interviewer was unprepared and unenthusiastic and did not put much effort into the interview. All the questions and more the second interviewer asked had already been asked by the previous and did not go beyond asking basic background information.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PC Connection (Merrimack, NH) in January 2013.

Interview

Must apply online, even if you have your resume forwarded to HR. I did apply online and had two recomendations from long time emplyees to have HR look for my resume. HR rejected me immediately saying I was "inadequate." Both employees questioned HR, saying I had an abundance of qulaifications; and were told I was over qualified and would not accept the low starting pay. when both informed HR that was not the case as I had that discussion, I was told to contact HR directly. I did and an e-mail came sugesting that I was over qualified and why would I accept the "low pay outlined." I explained, at this poiint in my career, I was over qualified for most jobs and with my sales and technoloy experience I would make it up in commissions. I finally got two phone interviews. . Then the obligatory same response. I was "inadequate". Insiders told me the company was worried about "flight". Meaning I'd leave if another offer came along. Highly unlikely in this job market especially for someone of my age. I was low risk and would ahve brought them a lot of new business. As for flight maybe after a year I'd have grabbed a better position in the company. No chance, since HR clearly descriminates against older candidates. They are what they are; shortsighted. And can't even bother to send an apropriate rejection e-mail. Just degrading, inacurrate, clearly aimed to discourage older candiates.

Interview Questions

• first question, I've seen your impressive resume, What brings you to PC Connections?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PC Connection (Merrimack, NH) in April 2011.

Interview

Initial conversation is with HR. Super standard questions - Why do you want to work here? Past work experiences, etc. Next is in person with a sales manager. First face to face discussion of strengths you can offer, then a "sell me a pen" run through over the phone to make sure you understand the basic sales process - Ask questions, find pain points, put forward solution, handle objections, close.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating. Very take it or leave it. But that's sales.