PC Helps

8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Productivity Advisor Interview

Productivity Advisor

I applied online - interviewed at PC Helps in April 2010.

Interview Details – bunch of tests, pretty run of the mill, they hire everybody because everybody quits

Interview Question – can you survive on base pay for a whole year?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Productivity Consultant Interview

Productivity Consultant
Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at PC Helps in February 2011.

Interview Details – testing then interview than offer

Interview Question – What race are you?   View Answers (2)

Computer Consultant Interview

Computer Consultant
Bala Cynwyd, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PC Helps.

Interview Details – You won't be called for an interview, you'll get an email where you call an 800 number to schedule your skills testing before they grant you an interview.

As for the testing; there is a massive excel test (expect it to take at least a half an hour if you're an expert, and more like 1.5 hours if you're not), a typing test, and two personality tests (one "iq" and one on personality traits). I thought they were exaggerating when they said it would take two hours, but it does. If you pass they immediately schedule you for a second interview.

The second interview was more of a meeting, one with a current employee and one with a current manager. It's mostly them telling you about the position, and very few questions are asked of you, mostly about your experience and your personality. Expect the process from beginning to end to take some time, perhaps a month.

Interview Question – The excel test is long and difficult.   Answer Question

Productivity Consultant Interview

Productivity Consultant
Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PC Helps in March 2012.

Interview Details – You will have to pass a Excel, typing, personality, and IQ test. This process takes hours to complete and if you pass you're basically guaranteed the job. The company hires 95% of people that they call in for a interview after testing.

Interview Question – How do you define hard work.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation.

Sales Interview

Sales

Interviewed at PC Helps

Interview Details – The hiring process is rather extensive and gives a good idea of what a sales job is like. starting with a Phone interview, the personalty testing, shadowing a rep, an interview with a manager, finally a presentation to management.

Interview Question – "How would you define the role you are applying for"   Answer Question

Help Desk Position Interview

Help Desk Position
Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at PC Helps in September 2011.

Interview Details – I took two tests on the PC Helps website; an I.Q. Test and a skills test; both of which I passed. I received am email confirmation and was told to submit my resume, which I did. This was in 2008.

I reviewed a phone call for an interview, a voice mail was left. When I called back, I was shuffled around. I finally just asked for direct voicemail and left a message that I was returning his call regarding the interview.
He never returned my call.

Fast forward to 2011.
My friend, who was originally "rejected" from this job in 2008, after a Excel test and an on-the-spot interview, suddenly gets a phone call about the same guy from Pc Helps, who wants to hire him. My friend was looking, so he did a telephone interview, and three subsequent in-person interviews, which really were not interviews, just explanations of what you'd be doing.
He was presented with a two year employment contract, saying you'll be sued for the cost of your training if you leave within two years. My friend signed it, began the job and reminded me about it. So, I re-applied.

I resubmitted my resume and within a few minutes, I get the same email; I call for the phone interview, and instead it was some girl that just wanted to schedule an Excel test. There was no phone interview, although that's what they told me to call to complete. Red flag.
So, I schedule the Excel test. I get a confirmation email, which had inconsistencies in it about parking, procedures, et cetera. Red flag.
I show up to take the Excel test...but guess what? They administer a fill-in personality test (scan-tron), you fill out another job application, and then they usher you into a little room and make you take the *same* personality test (the same one from online and the same one I did a scan sheet for) and an IQ test (the same one I passed in 2008.)
The girls administering the test were completely incompetent. I listened as they each spoke to both myself as well as other applicants, each giving different answers for the same questions.
Then, they told me I had to take a typing test. Remember, I only was scheduled for ONE test in Excel.
While taking the test, the application malfunction and crashed, giving my results as typing at "20 words per minute" -a beginner's level. I told the test admin about the software problem and explained my concerns. Her reply was "no one cares so don't worry.".
Finally, she sets the Excel test up. She tells me to begin, but I look at the applicant name on the screen and it isn't my name. I point this out. So she runs to get a new username and password, but before I begin, I have to re-take the I.Q.test again because "the results failed to reach the boss somehow".
At this point, I no longer even wish to work with such untrained and unorganized people. I was about ready to thank them for their time, and leave.
Instead for fun, I took their Excel 2003 test, which had to be the most disorganized test I've ever seen. They even had spelling errors and typos in it. It was 12 pages long. I breeze through it and get the heck out of there.
Bottom line: this company has NO HR department, is not organized, and seems incredibly sketchy.
I just took this test two days ago (it takes a "week" for your "results") (a lie). If they call me and make an offer, I'm NOT taking it.
Beware of this place; all my predictions (red flags) proved correct.
My friend is throughly embarrassed at how I was treated.

Interview Question – There were no actual interview questions.   View Answer

Inside Sales Interview

Inside Sales

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PC Helps in March 2011.

Interview Details – It's pretty easy. They call from a blocked number, which is odd. Also, they tend to exaggerate what average reps make in their first year (40-45k). The sales cycle is usually over 6 months, and it takes a month or two to get on the phones, so the opportunity to close a lot of business in your first year is very limited.

Interview Question – Explain our products to me   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

Technical Consultant Interview

Technical Consultant

The process took 1 week - interviewed at PC Helps in December 2008.

Interview Details – The interview process was rushed. Nobody seemed to care and just wanted the process to be over. I believe I could have said anything in the interview and still would have been given an offer.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for PC Helps? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PC Helps interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by PC Helps employees and interview candidates.