PC World Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2014
Updated Aug 26, 2014

2.6

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at PC World in December 2012.

called for an interview, a week later i had the interview, was asked a few questions mostly about my interests in computers, did some mediocre training, there was nothing special, sat in a room with a computer and watched videos about safety and customer service. no contract. unpaid with the hope of securing the job. started work the next day

Interview Questions
    worked through Xmas and maybe get a permanent job after, i was kept on after Xmas but left because they did not want to pay me, they just added me to the roster, gave my timesheet but i was to be unpaid.

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stafford, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stafford, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PC World in April 2014.

1 hour interview, applied via dixons careers website. Was generally fine typical interview questions themed around electronics that they have in store. Absolutely appalling communication, fair enough they had to clear something with head office but I had to ring them to see what was going on after 3 weeks. I wasn't overall bothered about not getting the job it was mainly the waiting next to the phone after he informed me that I would hear two-three days after my interview. Two weeks later no decision had been made, three weeks later was when I finally found out, ridiculous.

Interview Questions
    • The staffordshire council chairman who has a credit with the PC World store of over a massive amount, we praise the ground he walks on, (his exact words) what certain personality characteristics would you do when approaching this customer?   View Answer

Trainee Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at PC World in December 2012.

Very relaxed interview. Two women from HR interviewing. More of a chat.

Interview Questions
    • None really. All very basic. They want and allow you to talk for the most part.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Was organised through third party.

Sales Advisor Interview

Simple and quick interview. A bit of role play, but general questions about knowledge of technology and experience in sales targets.

Sales Consultant But Ended Up As A Tech Guy Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at PC World in August 2010.

You fill out on a online application form which is also a personality test to see if you are sutiable for the compnay, after that if you are succussful you will get a phone call from the manager or assistant manager.
    The telephone interview is pretty much just to gauge how good you are in general conversation/ you as a person, the manager can invite you for a 1:1 interviewn at that phone call or call you back in a day or not progress you any further. The 1:1 interview consits of three parts, in the first part you are asked general interview questions such as " what is custumer service to you". The second part is where you have to sell something to the interviewer, this can eaither be say your mobile phone/ipod or you can go down to the shop floor and choose something you want to sell to them.

After that the manager will tell you stuff about the company, pay etc and ask you if you have any questions.
    To be good at the selling bit just ask the manager load of qyestions to talior the product to their needs.

Interview Questions
    • Pretend i'm a custumer, sell a product of your choice to me.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation of pay for me but depending on you skills for the job you may be able to.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stafford, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stafford, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at PC World in April 2010.

I applied for the job online, had a phone call within 3 days to confirm a interview date and time and the manager promised to phone back within 3 days.Went for the interview, quite relaxed environment, had problems with what sort of person they were interested in. Had to hassle the manager for feedback and if i was successful for the job.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell a laptop to a student starting university   Answer Question
    • How would you describe the differences between a netbook and a pc   Answer Question

Worked for PC World? Contribute to the Community!