PC World Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2015

2.2

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PC World.

Interview

Previous work review, questions and answers on what I had done before attending the interview. Felt very comfortable and well prepared for everything that was asked of me. We started at the very beginning regarding the first job I ever had and than we worked through them one by one

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PC World (Nottingham, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Onlie competency questions and then a 45 minute interview (May be because I discovered i had mutual interests with the interviewer) and then a second interview with the store manager just to talk about my start date and why I wanted to work there.

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PC World (Leeds, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview was more like a chat than an interview. Literally I had a chat, was asked some questions about my goals and what I would like to achieve and what I had previously done, there were no out of the ordinary questions, and I wasn't even asked what my weaknesses were.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burton upon Trent, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PC World (Burton upon Trent, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

Overall, it was an average experience. Applied online, handed in my CV digitally and waited a week before they contacted me over my mobile phone for a 'first-stage' interview with one of the Recruitment Officers. That was a brilliant experience and I couldn't have felt more welcomed by the staff, they asked me standard questions that any other interviewer would and fitted in a few other random ones. After being a successful applicant for the first-stage of the interview I then received a call back from a random person - who didn't leave their name - after about 5 days. I then arranged a 'second-interview/assessment' with a person who didn't sound like the most positive of all persons, in which made me feel like I he didn't want to do the interview with me. I went down to the store to complete my second-intervie and honestly, it was probably the worst interview I have ever done, not because I thought - myself - I did 'not okay' with some parts, but the person who interviewed me wasn't the brightest of all employees. In fact he made me feel intimidated when he asked me to go around the shop-floor and ask other employees what it was like on the job. So, I went around asking employees but only got to one of them, the rest...well they seemed to just hide and not do anything so I ended waiting for one of them to finish with a customer - which seemed like ages because I didn't want to interfere with them. After about 5 minutes and still no movement from staff the assessor called me back into the room and then asked me what product I researched - which I didn't have the greatest of all time to do... - so I screwed that one up a little bit but managed to explain the vital services that KnowHow do - in which all employees try to sell - because the only person I managed to speak to was the front desk person at KnowHow who was really nice. At the end of the interview - now here comes the funny part - the person who interviewed me said that he'd call me back after Monday after he's had a decisive meeting with the recruitment officers. Monday, passed and along with it 2 weeks did too and NO call back whatsoever. How rude of them. In fact there wasn't many applicants remaining when I saw the pile he sifted through at the end of the 2nd interview, so why on earth didn't they have 5 minutes to spare to tell me I wasn't successful. So instead I went to call them three times in one day and still they didn't pick up!!!! Ruined my motivational state of getting a job, it felt like a complete waste of time.

Interview Questions

• No questions were too difficult accept of the pressure you find when explaining a product to the assessor.   Answer Question

Salesman Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PC World (London, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

Brief discussion on soft skills and trying to establish a suitable role in store. Was then called back a second interview for a further discussion. The process was very quick and recruiters were friendly.

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stafford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PC World (Stafford, England (UK)) in April 2014.

Interview

1 hour interview, applied via dixons careers website. Was generally fine typical interview questions themed around electronics that they have in store. Absolutely appalling communication, fair enough they had to clear something with head office but I had to ring them to see what was going on after 3 weeks. I wasn't overall bothered about not getting the job it was mainly the waiting next to the phone after he informed me that I would hear two-three days after my interview. Two weeks later no decision had been made, three weeks later was when I finally found out, ridiculous.

Interview Questions

• The staffordshire council chairman who has a credit with the PC World store of over a massive amount, we praise the ground he walks on, (his exact words) what certain personality characteristics would you do when approaching this customer?   1 Answer

Sales Advisor Interview

Interview

Simple and quick interview. A bit of role play, but general questions about knowledge of technology and experience in sales targets.

Trainee Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PC World (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in December 2012.

Interview

Very relaxed interview. Two women from HR interviewing. More of a chat.

Interview Questions

• None really. All very basic. They want and allow you to talk for the most part.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Was organised through third party.

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at PC World (London, England (UK)) in December 2012.

Interview

called for an interview, a week later i had the interview, was asked a few questions mostly about my interests in computers, did some mediocre training, there was nothing special, sat in a room with a computer and watched videos about safety and customer service. no contract. unpaid with the hope of securing the job. started work the next day

Interview Questions

• what do you want to be in the future?   1 Answer

Negotiation

worked through Xmas and maybe get a permanent job after, i was kept on after Xmas but left because they did not want to pay me, they just added me to the roster, gave my timesheet but i was to be unpaid.

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guildford, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PC World (Guildford, England (UK)) in April 2011.

Interview

Had to complete a computerized test which was pretty easy. After this I was called for an interview in which they seemed to check if you had all your motor functions (going by some of my colleagues this wasn't even a requirement). After this I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about extended warranties?   1 Answer