PC World

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Advisor Interview

Sales Advisor
Stafford, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PC World in April 2014.

Interview Details – 1 hour interview, applied via dixons careers website. Was generally fine typical interview questions themed around electronics that they have in store. Absolutely appalling communication, fair enough they had to clear something with head office but I had to ring them to see what was going on after 3 weeks. I wasn't overall bothered about not getting the job it was mainly the waiting next to the phone after he informed me that I would hear two-three days after my interview. Two weeks later no decision had been made, three weeks later was when I finally found out, ridiculous.

Interview Question – The staffordshire council chairman who has a credit with the PC World store of over a massive amount, we praise the ground he walks on, (his exact words) what certain personality characteristics would you do when approaching this customer?   View Answer

Trainee Manager Interview

Trainee Manager
Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at PC World in December 2012.

Interview Details – Very relaxed interview. Two women from HR interviewing. More of a chat.

Interview Question – None really. All very basic. They want and allow you to talk for the most part.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Was organised through third party.

Sales Advisor Interview

Sales Advisor

Interviewed at PC World

Interview Details – Simple and quick interview. A bit of role play, but general questions about knowledge of technology and experience in sales targets.

Interview Question – Sell this laptop to me   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Consultant But Ended Up As A Tech Guy Interview

Sales Consultant But Ended Up As A Tech Guy

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PC World in August 2010.

Interview Details – You fill out on a online application form which is also a personality test to see if you are sutiable for the compnay, after that if you are succussful you will get a phone call from the manager or assistant manager.
The telephone interview is pretty much just to gauge how good you are in general conversation/ you as a person, the manager can invite you for a 1:1 interviewn at that phone call or call you back in a day or not progress you any further. The 1:1 interview consits of three parts, in the first part you are asked general interview questions such as " what is custumer service to you". The second part is where you have to sell something to the interviewer, this can eaither be say your mobile phone/ipod or you can go down to the shop floor and choose something you want to sell to them.

After that the manager will tell you stuff about the company, pay etc and ask you if you have any questions.
To be good at the selling bit just ask the manager load of qyestions to talior the product to their needs.

Interview Question – Pretend i'm a custumer, sell a product of your choice to me.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation of pay for me but depending on you skills for the job you may be able to.

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant
Stafford, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at PC World in April 2010.

Interview Details – I applied for the job online, had a phone call within 3 days to confirm a interview date and time and the manager promised to phone back within 3 days.Went for the interview, quite relaxed environment, had problems with what sort of person they were interested in. Had to hassle the manager for feedback and if i was successful for the job.

Interview Questions

Worked for PC World? Contribute to the Community!