PCAOB Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.5

Assistant Director, IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PCAOB (Ashburn, VA).

Interview

Interviewing here was easy. Just tell them what you do. They are all so senior that they'll know if you're good and will hire you if you're willing to do the job.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask a lot of questions because I only spoke to each person for 20 minutes.   Answer Question

Negotiation

We negotiated the salary before the interview so there was no negotiation.

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PCAOB in August 2014.

Interview

The washington office called me and schedule a telephone interview. They asked me about questions such as: tell me about what you did in previous job; why PCAOB. The interviewer also gave me introduction about the job functions and the responsibilities I will assume as a accounting intern.

Inspections Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PCAOB (New York, NY).

Interview

Best way to secure an interview is through a referral if you know someone inside. I was contacted by the HR on the same day my referral resume was submitted. Had a phone interview with the hiring manager that week and 2 more behavioral interviews the following week and was given an offer. Everyone was very respectful and courteous.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, all questions confirming my interest and fit.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not really a room to negotiate. I had to accept the original offer.

Research and Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PCAOB (Washington, DC) in March 2014.

Interview

Interview was at a very convenient time and location for me. There were two 1 on 1 interviews of about 30 minutes each. Interviewers were personable, professional and unafraid to ask challenging questions. I received an acceptance about a month and a half after the interview, which seemed like it took a little bit too long.

Interview Questions

• Speaking about a time where I had to confront someone and tell them that they were wrong..etc   Answer Question

Junior Fundind Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PCAOB (Washington, DC) in September 2013.

Interview

Phone Interview: Well a woman called me and just asked series of questions about my resume and asked why I want to work for PCAOB, whether i am proficient in ms excel commands, salary expectations. It was just basic questions about my education, and work experience. They were look to hire someone immediately and i m still a student so dint work out.

Interview Questions

• None actually. But I was asked to give a range of salary expectation which i had no idea about so i stammered in a stupid way.   Answer Question

Enforcement Intern Interview

Interview

Initial phone screening with HR asking about the reason you apply to the position. Followed up with an interview at the office. I was interviewed by 2 councels in the division, both of whom are very nice. The interview was very detail, yet not stressful. Most of the questions are behavioral. Know your resume backward and forward.

Interview Questions

• What are the challenges that you had to face in your last internship?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at PCAOB (Washington, DC).

Interview

Basically interviewer go through all detail with your resume. Just be prepared. I got 2 round interviews.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PCAOB in October 2012.

Interview

Connections at university apprised me of the opportunity. I applied online, and sent an email to a connection at the PCAOB. I had to proactively find and call the HR to get the interview process scheduled. The hiring process took 3 months, but I was in touch regularly with HR (HR was the only holdup -- the actual office I worked with was quick and responsive). 2 phone interviews back to back with a mix of behavioral, experience and technical questions. Not difficult.

Interview Questions

• Very straightforward questions about school, classes, technical (computer) skills. Know at least how to do vlookups, preferably more in excel or SQL.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation -- I don't think pseudo-gov't agencies can negotiate. Wage is a bit more for masters students.

Senior Associate, Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at PCAOB (Washington, DC) in June 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a member of the PCAOB, informing me of the position. We met for lunch and discussed the PCAOB and the specific position. We discussed my past experiences, what I was looking for and what I hoped to get out of my possible future employment with the PCAOB. I was already in talks with two other organizations, and informed my PCAOB contact of the time window I had to work with. My PCAOB contact and members of HR were receptive and understanding to that window and provided an offer in one week. My experience, throughout the process, was a very positive one.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PCAOB (Washington, DC) in January 2011.

Interview

Multiple Interviews within department. Process was efficient and timely. Offer process was quick and what I expected.

Interview Questions

• All the interview questions were what I anticipated there was nothing unexpected. Questions were thorough.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer process was fast and the offer came in where I expected it to.