PCC Structurals Interview Questions

Updated Jan 14, 2015
Updated Jan 14, 2015

2.0

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PCC Structurals in October 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter and scheduled an in plant interview. They were a little disorganized and didn't seem to communicate between divisions or departments. The guy interviewing me was intense and sweating during the interview. Seemed stressed out for some reason. I kept it cool and calm. He didn't seem interested from the get go. Apparently they fired the last two QA mgrs. Not the best scenario to walk into.

Interview Questions

• Typical industry questions, on experience, qualifications...again didn't seemed prepared or interested. Must have been up against some deadline. Asked "Why should we hire you?" type of questions...   1 Answer

Management Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PCC Structurals.

Interview

I had to first interview at the career fair at school. recruiters are generally very receptive but ask some tough organizational and leadership questions. After the initial interview I was flown out to a facility for an on site interview. I had 3 one hour interviews with 2 engineers and an HR person. Asking mostly behavioral and leadership questions. The whole experience was tough but it was worth it.

Facilities Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PCC Structurals (Tilton, NH) in April 2013.

Interview

Was first contacted by phone from their HR department. First actual conversation on the phone turned out to be the phone interview with just an HR Manager. Following that, we setup an onsite interview which turned out to be about a half-hour tour of the plant and then talking with the HR Manager again (neither of which the HR Manager, nor the engineer who provided the tour actually worked at that facility). After my departure, I received a phone call from the HR Manager saying she was very happy with the visit and that they have not spoken to anyone in a long time that had my credentials or background and she felt I was a great fit for the position. Following that, I had a very brief phone conversation with the General Manager (basically the Plant Manager) who I would be reporting to. At the end of the call he indicated I would be hearing from the HR department very soon with an offer. Within a day I got a call from the HR Manager again and we talked for a minute and I expressed my concern that for such a high level position, I had not met any of the people that I would report to, or that would report to me, nor did I meet any of my future peers -- in fact, I hadnt met ANYONE who works at that particular location. I was offered another chance to come in and visit. So I made my second, 8-hour trip out to see them and this is where it all fell apart. I had some very basic requests of people I wanted to meet and things I wanted to see or discuss. Very few of those requests actually came true, and to my discouragement, I actually ended up sitting around in the lobby for the majority of the time I spent on-site. I met very briefly with two individuals who would be my direct reports, and one person who would be my peer. I shook hands with the General Manager and then he left for lunch and I want about to sit in the lobby any more and wait around.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. We basically went over my resume, I had a tour, and we talked briefly about benefits. I think I asked more questions than they did.   1 Answer

I selected 'Yes' here because I do strongly believe they had an offer ready for me before I requested a second visit -- I had verbal indications from the HR Department and the hiring manager than an offer was on the way. To clear things up, I never received a written offer because I declined the position after visiting a second time.

Production Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at PCC Structurals (Portland, OR) in November 2011.

Interview

One internal

Interview Questions

• Only interested in how many people you supervised   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple

Document Control Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at PCC Structurals (Carson City, NV) in September 2011.

Interview

I was hired as a document control person but never was put into that position. I was put in manufacturing. They addressed this to let me know what their thinking was. Very poor communication!

Interview Questions

• Do you mind getting dirty? Was wondering what that had to do with being in document control   Answer Question