PCC Structurals

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Management Development Program Interview

Management Development Program

I applied through college or university and interviewed at PCC Structurals.

Interview Details – I had to first interview at the career fair at school. recruiters are generally very receptive but ask some tough organizational and leadership questions. After the initial interview I was flown out to a facility for an on site interview. I had 3 one hour interviews with 2 engineers and an HR person. Asking mostly behavioral and leadership questions. The whole experience was tough but it was worth it.

Interview Question – TIme you were faced with an unethical situation.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Production Supervisor Interview

Production Supervisor
Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at PCC Structurals in November 2011.

Interview Details – One internal

Interview Question – Only interested in how many people you supervised   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Simple

Very Easy Interview

Facilities Manager Interview

Facilities Manager
Tilton, NH

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PCC Structurals in April 2013.

Interview Details – Was first contacted by phone from their HR department. First actual conversation on the phone turned out to be the phone interview with just an HR Manager. Following that, we setup an onsite interview which turned out to be about a half-hour tour of the plant and then talking with the HR Manager again (neither of which the HR Manager, nor the engineer who provided the tour actually worked at that facility). After my departure, I received a phone call from the HR Manager saying she was very happy with the visit and that they have not spoken to anyone in a long time that had my credentials or background and she felt I was a great fit for the position. Following that, I had a very brief phone conversation with the General Manager (basically the Plant Manager) who I would be reporting to. At the end of the call he indicated I would be hearing from the HR department very soon with an offer. Within a day I got a call from the HR Manager again and we talked for a minute and I expressed my concern that for such a high level position, I had not met any of the people that I would report to, or that would report to me, nor did I meet any of my future peers -- in fact, I hadnt met ANYONE who works at that particular location. I was offered another chance to come in and visit. So I made my second, 8-hour trip out to see them and this is where it all fell apart. I had some very basic requests of people I wanted to meet and things I wanted to see or discuss. Very few of those requests actually came true, and to my discouragement, I actually ended up sitting around in the lobby for the majority of the time I spent on-site. I met very briefly with two individuals who would be my direct reports, and one person who would be my peer. I shook hands with the General Manager and then he left for lunch and I want about to sit in the lobby any more and wait around.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. We basically went over my resume, I had a tour, and we talked briefly about benefits. I think I asked more questions than they did.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I selected 'Yes' here because I do strongly believe they had an offer ready for me before I requested a second visit -- I had verbal indications from the HR Department and the hiring manager than an offer was on the way. To clear things up, I never received a written offer because I declined the position after visiting a second time.

Document Control Interview

Document Control
Carson City, NV

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at PCC Structurals in September 2011.

Interview Details – I was hired as a document control person but never was put into that position. I was put in manufacturing. They addressed this to let me know what their thinking was. Very poor communication!

Interview Question – Do you mind getting dirty? Was wondering what that had to do with being in document control   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for PCC Structurals? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PCC Structurals interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by PCC Structurals employees and interview candidates.