PCCW Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.9

Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at PCCW (Dover, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

I sent in my resume and got a call the day after to come in and apply. I applied in person and was interviewed with the phone "mock" on the spot. Got scheduled for my second interview with the site manager the following Thursday. They also gave me a small tour. The call center area was very bright and clean and the lobby was well taken care of. The second interview went great as well. Though she did not participate in the second "mock" call very well, it made it slightly awkward. She told me that someone would call me between then and the training date on the Feb 8th to fill out the remaining papers and she was happy to have me on the team. However, on the 7th, I still received no phone call. I called them to check to see if maybe I missed a call. They told me she is still going through my file and I would not be attending the training on the 8th, instead that I would possibly be able to go to the training in the next few months. I was NOT happy. The interviewer, along with anyone else that I met, was very friendly. It was very unfortunate that I was told that I was hired and then later found out that I was not through my own inquiry though.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PCCW (Dublin, OH) in August 2014.

Interview

Friendly welcome, assessment testing to determine skill sets for position. Professional atmosphere. I would recommend being dressed properly as those in sweat pants were not seen. Very busy office, everyone had a smile on their face.

Graduate Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PCCW.

Interview

First round: written test second round: group interview HR first brief us about the program, then get into a room with several interviewers. 4 people in my group Interviewers first ask us to do self-intro, then there was a group game and we had to present a business plan after that.

Interview Questions

• Self-introduction Group work + presentation Random questions   Answer Question

Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PCCW in May 2015.

Interview

gropu interview First contacted by HR Department for telephone interview. Face to face interview set up at jobsite 10 days later. Contacted 10 days later and was told "good news you're still in the running as candidate." Almost 6 six weeks from start to finish email received that another candidate chosen.

PCCW Engineering GT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at PCCW (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in May 2015.

Interview

This was the final interview after passing the written tests (including English, Chinese, Abstract and technical) and group interview (playing a group game). The interview lasted about half an hour held in a fairly small room. The first few questions were quite standard. Then, they began asking me about your knowledge in IP networking which I got stuck because my degree isn't in IT or computer science and therefore didn't study that in uni. (although I should have found out on the Internet about it beforehand). After that, they started asking me random questions based on my application form which they found interesting. Like other HK style interviews, the interviewers did not provide any feedback and treat it like secret. You have no idea about how they feel about you. They did not contact me about the outcome even though they promised me to at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself in English   Answer Question
    • What do you know about PCCW? What products/services do you use and whether they can be improved?   1 Answer
    • Your hobbies in Mandarin (mainly to know how well your Mandarin is)   Answer Question
    • What do you know about IP? (All they were worrying is that whether you can passed the CCNA test at the end of the trainee programme) Have you played / disassembled with routers?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

Interviewed with the direct report manager. She/He was trying to understand the candidate's background, market knowledge and experience. Also she/he explained the job responsibilities and expectations. Having passed her/hiss interview, the candidate would be meeting with the HR manager to discuss and negotiate the remuneration packages.

Interview Questions

• What's the first important thing that she/he expects from her/his subordinate?   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PCCW (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)).

Interview

First interview contains several written tests including Chinese, English, ap test, personality test and technical test. Technical test mainly test your knowledge of computer network and telecommunication. Second interview is group interview. You need to play some game with other people. Try to pretend yourself as easily cooperate and friendly. Final interview is individual interview. You will face one HR manager and two team manager. They will ask you to introduce yourself in English. What is your strength and weakness bah bah......My tips is to go through pccw and hkt website at least once. Answer the questions by using the relevant information in the web site.

Interview Questions

• WiFi is free for public while 3G contribute so much revenue to the company.How can you convince your teammate and boss to do WiFi project?   1 Answer

ICT GT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PCCW.

Interview

1st interview is simply just questions about basic background, academic project, why this company, why this job. 2nd interview is HR interview, a few questions like why PCCW, why Hong kong, a test including english, verbal and mathmatic was taken.

Manager Interview

Interview

Need to fill in application form, question and essay writing, interview with HR manager, interview with line manager, panel interview, other exercise

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quarry Bay (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PCCW (Quarry Bay (Hong Kong)) in February 2013.

Interview

First meetin with the HR department, being asked education and working experience, then meeting with 3 managerial position staff in 2nd interview, there will be questions like self intro, why I hv to hire you, why u want to work here, your strength and understanding of the company.

Interview Questions

• Give you a set of information and spare you 5 minutes to prepare, you have to one of pccw products or service towards 3 interviewers.   1 Answer