PCCW

Updated Nov 19, 2014
Updated Nov 19, 2014

2.8

Sales Manager Interview

Interviewed with the direct report manager. She/He was trying to understand the candidate's background, market knowledge and experience. Also she/he explained the job responsibilities and expectations. Having passed her/hiss interview, the candidate would be meeting with the HR manager to discuss and negotiate the remuneration packages.

Interview Questions
    • What's the first important thing that she/he expects from her/his subordinate?   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PCCW.

First interview contains several written tests including Chinese, English, ap test, personality test and technical test. Technical test mainly test your knowledge of computer network and telecommunication.
    Second interview is group interview. You need to play some game with other people. Try to pretend yourself as easily cooperate and friendly.
    Final interview is individual interview. You will face one HR manager and two team manager. They will ask you to introduce yourself in English. What is your strength and weakness bah bah......My tips is to go through pccw and hkt website at least once. Answer the questions by using the relevant information in the web site.

Interview Questions
    • WiFi is free for public while 3G contribute so much revenue to the company.How can you convince your teammate and boss to do WiFi project?   View Answer

ICT GT Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PCCW.

1st interview is simply just questions about basic background, academic project, why this company, why this job. 2nd interview is HR interview, a few questions like why PCCW, why Hong kong, a test including english, verbal and mathmatic was taken.

Manager Interview

Need to fill in application form, question and essay writing, interview with HR manager, interview with line manager, panel interview, other exercise

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quarry Bay (Hong Kong)

I applied online – interviewed at PCCW in February 2013.

First meetin with the HR department, being asked education and working experience, then meeting with 3 managerial position staff in 2nd interview, there will be questions like self intro, why I hv to hire you, why u want to work here, your strength and understanding of the company.

Interview Questions
    • Give you a set of information and spare you 5 minutes to prepare, you have to one of pccw products or service towards 3 interviewers.   View Answer

Summer Intern Interview

Self-introduction, and your understanding about this company, your advantages and disadvantages.

Interview Questions
    • What's the difference between PCCW and other companies?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at PCCW in October 2011.

My qualification and career information was first checked. Then I was given two written tests. One is on the product and service knowledge about the company while another is about questions on dealing with customers including multiple choice and email reply questions. After the tests are done, I had to wait more one hour for the interview. Two interviewers in the interview room. One is from cs dept. and one is hr. They asked me to describe myself. Then they asked my working experience cs in details and why I left my job. They then described the job nature and working hours. The whole process went smoothly and the staff is polite.

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quarry Bay (Hong Kong)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at PCCW in April 2011.

Online application
    Written test and Group Interview on the same day

Interview Questions
    • Your understanding of PCCW's business
      Demonstrate you sales skills

Answer Question

TSR Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at PCCW in February 2011.

The interview was on time. Was taken to a small room, which we walked through the calling floor. Was asked about previous work experience and why I wanted the job. Was asked to speak a short version of a call presentation. This was to see if you can actually read and how you emphasize words that should be emphasized. The interview did not take very long. Because I was going to fly back to my place of residence at that time, I was able to have the interview and hired before I left for the airport.

Interview Questions
    As to negotiating, it would be as to what shift you want to work.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PCCW in July 2010.

I had a group interview and we were taken to a room to fill in the application form first (just basic questions). And the manager came out to take us to another room to start the interview. We were asked mainly situational and behavioral questions. Anyone could volunteer to answer first. The total time of the interview was about 15 - 20mins