PCL Construction Enterprises Interview Questions & Reviews

2.3

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Prescott, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Prescott, AZ

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at PCL Construction Enterprises in October 2013.

I e-mailed a person who works at PCL asking if he knew of any design firms who might be hiring, and he referred me to the HR manager of PCL for a field engineer job at PCL. After interviewing on the phone he asked me to research the company then call back. After that we set up an interview, and he then referred me to a project manager who interviewed me for a job on site and gave me a tour of the job site.

Interview Questions
    • The HR manager asked me during the first call how much I knew about the company, and I wasn't prepared for an interview. However I couldn't get ahold of him for a week and we played phone tag for a while, so he probably expected me to be interview-ready. PCL is employee owned and they have some specific values that should be researched before applying.   View Answer

PCL is a construction company, which I'm not sure if I would like doing, and the job itself is more of an administrative job that may become a project management job. I was torn about whether to accept, but PCL also is not finding much work in the Phoenix area so new hires would be moving about the state to get to the job sites. PCL is a company where if you work your way up from the bottom and buy into the company stock, you can become very successful, and it seems to have a relatively laid back atmosphere. From what I have learned about the company and from what I've been told, if you don't buy into the stock the salary is not worth working here and you have to work at least a year before you can buy the stock.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at PCL Construction Enterprises in December 2009.

PCL is an interesting general contractor. They are the second largest contractor in Canada and are working to increase their presence in the U.S. They have grown a lot over the last few years in the U.S. market. They seem to have a different approach to work than most U.S. general contractors. There isn't much ego involved with those who I have met. My interview was very casual and was more of a conversation. I my interviewer gave me some really positive comments at the finish of our interview like "you're on the top of my list" however I received a rejection letter from them about a month later when they said they wouldn't be making decision for at least another 3 months. My peers who were also interviewed were told that PCL wouldn't be making any final decision for another 3 months but they then recieved rejection letters within a month. PCL then went ahead and called a couple of my peers, after the three month mark, who were interviewed originally and already ejected. It was a very strange process. I like PCL and think they are a great company however their hiring practices don't seem to match the quality of their business.

Interview Questions
    • What were some of your duties during your internship experience?   View Answer

Superintendent Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at PCL Construction Enterprises.

None to speak of. Took me away from another, good, company by feeding me an earful of worthless promises.

Interview Questions
    • They wanted to know of I had any issue traveling, to any specific or non-specific, worldwide work sites prior to knowing a job function and/or compensatory package.   View Answer
    It was completely filled with false promises, ignorant questions, and a lack of professionalism that should have triggered alarms in my own intelligent mind. Instead I allowed them to utilize the attitude of a pseudo familial conversation, became engaged, and accepted the offer with nothing in writing.
    Never will I make that mistake again, lesson learned.

Interviews for Top Jobs at PCL Construction Enterprises

Worked for PCL Construction Enterprises? Contribute to the Community!