PCM

Average Difficulty
19 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PCM in May 2013.

Interview Details – Recruiter was extremely nice, warm, and extroverted. However, it was a complete misrepresentation of the actual company and office-work culture. Expectations from recruiter were rarely if ever met, and the potential growth statisitcs were absolutely inflated.

Interview Question – What do you wish to change about yourself?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – standard base plus minimal commission base

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PCM in December 2013.

Interview Details – One phone interview and one long group interview (career day) followed immediately by a one on one interview. If you are invited to the career day you will be offered a job.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PCM in June 2014.

Interview Details – I received a call from a recruiter who found me on LinkedIn and she explained the role and a bit about the company. I was interested so I took an online assessment and then she scheduled an in-person interview for the following week. I met with the Director of Sales, we had a good conversation and following a background check I received an offer later that week.

Interview Question – Nothing too hard. I had to showcase the pitch I used at my previous company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Standard offer, no negotiation. I was happy to get an offer and I look forward to producing!

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PCM.

Interview Details – Great career day, and thoroughly enjoyed the professional experience. Amazing office, and brand new location. 2 interview process, and you need to know your sales funnel process. Blow management away with your sales knowledge, and you'll have a job here.

Interview Question – Can't remember word for word, but you need to know how the sales process works. Great management, and stressful interviews. You'll interview with a Sales Manager, and then the Director of Sales. Maintain eye contact, and be affirmative, just like sales!   View Answer

Negotiation Details – quick response to be hired, but be very thorough, as PCM is picky with who gets offered jobs.

Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PCM.

Interview Details – They have to fill the offices and due to high turn over it is a simple and quick interview process with a near guaranteed hiring chance.

Interview Question – Tell me a joke...   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation of initial salary for AE role.

Account Executive

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at PCM in September 2012.

Interview Details – i dont remember

Interview Question – can you read?   View Answer

El Segundo, CA

I applied in-person and interviewed at PCM.

Interview Details – I was refereed by another employee, the hiring manager knew them and me, their is a lot of nepotism in PCM. I went in for an interview, and had to wait a month before I heard back from them with a job offer, They would negotiate a better salary, it was a bait and switch, they promise you better pay in a year and it never happens.

Interview Question – When have you had to keep how you felt to your self when you knew you could do the process better.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None, base hr pay $12 (ZERO RAISES EVER)

Account Executive

I applied through college or university and interviewed at PCM.

Interview Details – Meet a recruiter at a career fair at the college I attend. I was contacted shortly after for a phone interview where I discussed me resume and general information about the position. After the phone interview my recruiter emailed me additional questions to answer and send back to her. Based on my responses to those I was invited into the office in Chicago, along with 5 other candidates, for a day of activities, shadowing, and interviews. My recruiter called me the next day offering me a position and gave me 48 hours to get back to her with my decision.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – I declined the position because I felt like it wasn't the right position for me right out of college. As an Account Executive you basically spend all day making cold calls trying to sell technology. The position also has high turnover, which made me feel like people didn't really enjoy the job. I think it just takes a certain type of person to do this job and I didn't think that was me.

Account Executive

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PCM in September 2009.

Interview Details – you go through a 3 interview process they mainly focus on if you are comfortable prospecting customers over the phone.

Interview Question – Not really any difficult questions just try not to b inverted.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PCM in September 2011.

Interview Details – Easy online application followed by a simple pohone interview by the recruiter. Once you come in for the one on one you talk with the recruiter about pay and what the day islike then you sit and wait for a manager who is too busy to talk with you then they ask you the same questions as the recruiter. It was though they did not care.

Interview Question – How do you feel about making a call blitz in the morning, doing follow-up calls midday and creating eight quotes for customers by lunch time and then do another call blitz in the afternoon?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation about salary. That is why they have commissions you have to track yourself.

Worked for PCM? Contribute to the Community!