PCM

Updated Dec 8, 2014
Updated Dec 8, 2014

2.0

Help Desk Support Interview

Interview was pretty straight forward. Technical questions, as well as past experience is always the norm when applying for a help desk role. Either you know it or you don't.

Business Development Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at PCM.

Initial interview was easy and straight forward. They give out the job detail, scope of responsibilities and benefits. Its the subsequent phone interviews thats a bit hard as they pitch with 2 managers from across the states. And you can barely hear them probably because of their telecom facility so you really have to pay close attention.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question is how you intend to go about a case on hand and the question is rather vogue so you have to try and read between the lines.   Answer Question

Category Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PCM.

PCM seemed like one of your typical corporate settings. Upon arrival, you check in with the receptionist and you will be given a sticker badge. The interview process was conducted by the hiring manager. It was informal but was very informative. It provides you a great feel for the company culture and what the job entails.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PCM.

Great career day, and thoroughly enjoyed the professional experience. Amazing office, and brand new location. 2 interview process, and you need to know your sales funnel process. Blow management away with your sales knowledge, and you'll have a job here.

Interview Questions
    • Can't remember word for word, but you need to know how the sales process works. Great management, and stressful interviews. You'll interview with a Sales Manager, and then the Director of Sales. Maintain eye contact, and be affirmative, just like sales!   View Answer
    quick response to be hired, but be very thorough, as PCM is picky with who gets offered jobs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PCM in June 2014.

I received a call from a recruiter who found me on LinkedIn and she explained the role and a bit about the company. I was interested so I took an online assessment and then she scheduled an in-person interview for the following week. I met with the Director of Sales, we had a good conversation and following a background check I received an offer later that week.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too hard. I had to showcase the pitch I used at my previous company.   Answer Question
    Standard offer, no negotiation. I was happy to get an offer and I look forward to producing!

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PCM.

They have to fill the offices and due to high turn over it is a simple and quick interview process with a near guaranteed hiring chance.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation of initial salary for AE role.

Federal Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PCM in February 2014.

Applied online. Got a phone call interview about 2 days later after applying. Then scheduled to attend hiring event a week later. After a week received a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • the questions was generic and more conversational rather than fully discussing qualifications and work experience.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. Although the job was initially offer as salary based it was then changed to hourly after the acceptance of the job offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PCM in December 2013.

One phone interview and one long group interview (career day) followed immediately by a one on one interview. If you are invited to the career day you will be offered a job.

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at PCM.

I was refereed by another employee, the hiring manager knew them and me, their is a lot of nepotism in PCM. I went in for an interview, and had to wait a month before I heard back from them with a job offer, They would negotiate a better salary, it was a bait and switch, they promise you better pay in a year and it never happens.

Interview Questions
    • When have you had to keep how you felt to your self when you knew you could do the process better.   View Answer
    None, base hr pay $12 (ZERO RAISES EVER)

I Just Started As An Account Executive This Month and This IS My Interview Story Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PCM in September 2013.

I applied for an AE position from linkedin. I received an email a couple days later from an internal recruiter at PCM After 2 days of playing phone tag, we finally had a 30 minute "impromptu" interview. I say "impromptu" because the recruiter didn't want to set a time and just wanted to "catch up with me for a few minutes". Well, who has a first interview for a few minutes? Of course when we connected, it was a 30 minute conversation. The recruiter wanted me to attend a 4 hour "career event" at PCM headquarters in El Segundo. It is a bit unusual, but I did enough basic reading up on the company, and I felt it would be worth my time. Besides, you know if they wanted to hire you, they would make it clear by the end of the day. I went to the event and started counting the inconsistencies or errors in information given by the internal recruiter. The first inconsistency was the time needed for the event: not 4, but 6.5 hours! I kept an open mind, but clearly PCM is trying to do too much with too few and not so competent hands. At the end of the event, I felt that a job offer would be likely in the coming days, but I have been wrong before about interview outcomes. Two days later, I did received an offer. They pay WAY BELOW MARKET and it is reflected in the talent pool I have met in the past month. I need a job and it is much easier to get a job when you have one.

Interview Questions
    • They like career events on site and one of the managers likes to ask you to size up your competition in the room. I didn't play that game and responded all in sales can be winners and it isn't a Zero Sum Game.   View Answer
    No negotiation.