PDI Ninth House Interview Questions

3.1

Consultant Interview

It was solid and I got to meet several people and because you made me take this extra step, I am now entering content that may or may not be helpful to anybody. I guess we'll have to see how your review processes work.

Accounting Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PDI Ninth House in August 2012.

There was an initial phone interview with HR, then there is either an in-person or skype interview. Mine was Skype since I was out of state. The HR phone interview was very simple and straightforward, mostly questions about personality, why PDI?, what makes you want to work in Minneapolis?. The last interview was also straightforward and was only with the Accounting Manager. She asked me about what I was currently doing, what my college major was, and how I think I could contribute to the role. Also very straightforward. Once the in-person interview was over, there was a personality assessment test, and HR contacts no less than three references so be sure to have those.

Interview Questions
    • None - There are no questions that would really throw you off.   Answer Question
    Due to the role, there was little negotiation, but I did ask to be considered for the top end of the salary range if possible. Due to my experience and education, I was able to get it.

Regional Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at PDI Ninth House in March 2012.

I worked with Robert Half for my job search process, so I can't say too many details. However, once I confirmed interest in PDI Ninth House, the whole process from start to offer only took about one week. PDI was very eager to hire someone for this position, as they had previously had many inadequate interviewees.

The first interview was with the boss of the position, and it was essentially a typical behavioral-based Q&A interview - nothing out of the ordinary. The second interview wasn't even really an interview; it was more of an assessment. First, I met with someone in the same role for 15 minutes, and then I met with a director for 15 minutes. Then I took the Watson-Glaser test and an accounting/Excel test, each of which was capped at 60 minutes.

The RFS position is best suited for those who have some reporting experience and a moderate level of computer/technical skills (or SAP experience). Candidates should also be outgoing and driven. There are many opportunities for one to improve upon existing reports and processes as well.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   View Answer
    Given that this position only required two years of experience and a bachelor's degree, I did not feel it was acceptable to negotiate any terms.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at PDI Ninth House in February 2011.

For this interview, I met with several leaders over a 5-day period for 1:1 interviews. I completed a thorough one-day assessment and in the end they chose another candidate who probably did have more relevant experience. They were impressed with my skills and assessment. It was an interesting, engaging, and fair process.

Interview Questions
    • What would I find satisfying about the position?   View Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source – interviewed at PDI Ninth House in November 2010.

Interviews with: office manager; each consultant; lunch with entire group. Finally interview with regional manager. Each step - in the above order - represented a separate visit to the office. Along with these other components, there were 2 part-time days of testing in all of the personality and IQ tests described above, simulations of coaching & assessment, & a simulated presentation to a client company.

Interview Questions
    • In giving a presentation about my current work to the entire group, I did not expect to be evaluated based on its representing PDI's work, since it didn't.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate number of weeks of vacation time. They made it clear that this was more difficult to grant than a salary increase would be - but I did get it.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PDI Ninth House in July 2010.

Phone interview was very good. The recruiter was friendly and answered my questions honestly. I made it to an in person interview and had to complete personality tests, IQ tests, and an interview. I was not selected, and it was frustrating because there was no clear feedback on why I wasn't selected other than another person was more qualified.

Territory Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PDI Ninth House in May 2008.

The interview process is difficult. Every employee at every level goes through an assessment. Mine included a reasoning test, verbal ability global personality test and the Ravens test -- about 3 hours. I also had one phone and two live interviews. At higher levels, consultants go through an entire day of simulations, presentations and interviews by others in the role they're applying for at the time. The presentation is usually about 30 to 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Can't think of a difficult question -- interview routine. They truly believe in the assessment process as the best tool to find a good candidate. They were the usual questions like, "Tell me about a time when you turned in something that your boss wasn't happy with" and what did you do about it.   View Answer
    They were agreeable. I did negotiate a little bit because I had a vacation already planned and needed to leave after about a week and that was fine.

Consulting Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PDI Ninth House in January 2011.

Call from the internal recruiter after sending in my resume. Had some in-person interviews with my boss and future colleagues. Took some personality tests online and in their offices. More interviews. Then called back to do a presentation. More interviews and then a great offer. Best job in my life!