PEMCO Insurance

PEMCO Insurance Interview Questions

2.7

Software Developer - UI Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PEMCO Insurance.

Interview started with talking to someone from the business department who gave an introduction to what it's like to work there. That was followed by an interview by two senior developers (at the same time). Then you go downstairs to the room where all the developers sit (ONE room with tables and computers next to each other - no walls). Then you sit at a table with a projector and run through some simple SQL and Visual studio tasks (write a query to show X, find the bug in Y) with 3 or 4 devs watching you. It was very different from every other interview I've had..

Then you meet the dev manager and he asks you soft skill questions (biggest weakness etc). No data structure or algorithm problems in my interview.

Senior Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PEMCO Insurance.

Expect a group interview and a long follow up process.

Interview Questions
    • One interviewer asked a pretty personal question regarding my temperament which was inappropriate in a group context.   View Answer
    Tried negotiating additional vacation days, got a few but less than requested. The salary was good so didn't worry too much.

Technical Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PEMCO Insurance.

Applied online. Received a call two days later to set up a webcam interview. The interview lasted 30 minutes and was with the HR Manager and a Technical Supervisor. Mixture of behavioral and technical questions. I was unsure of one of the technical questions, so I instead walked them through my logic of how I got to my answer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. The usual; "What is your greatest strength/weakness", explain this concept to me, "Why this company" etc.   Answer Question

Received an offer from a bigger company with more pay and a more interesting project.

Senior Predictive Modeler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at PEMCO Insurance.

Behavioral questions

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PEMCO Insurance in March 2014.

Applied through campus website in February. Received an email for a phone screen where I spoke with an HR manager for 30 minutes. Discussed the position and my resume, as well as some behavioral questions. Pay details were discussed in the phone screen, which was a very low potential offer. I had not received any other offers yet, so I decided to continue with the interview process. Interviewed with 4 people for 45 minutes to an hour a week later via Skype. Two of the interviewers were Project Managers who were hiring one intern each for their teams. One was a software developer for one of the teams. The other interviewer was the HR manager who had spoken to me during the phone screen. The interview was a mix between behavioral and technical questions. The questions weren't hard at all, but I made a small mistake on my solution. The software developer walked through my solution with me, paying attention to my debugging and problem solving techniques. Make sure to practice verbalizing your logic, as with any technical interview.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were standard - if not easier than other technical interviews I've had. Practice writing code without a compiler, and practice verbalizing your logic.   Answer Question

I received another offer, which was nearly double what PEMCO offered me. For the cost of parking and traffic in downtown Seattle, the offer was not enough.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PEMCO Insurance.

The interviews are fairly standard. Likely a series of 3 interviews - HR, hiring manager and that person's manager, a panel with peers.

Little to no negotiation

Desktop Support Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PEMCO Insurance in April 2013.

Very streamlined process, and good communication throughout. There was a phone screen, a phone interview, and an on-site interview. All were well organized and accommodating to scheduling concerns. Company was great to work for, everyone was treated well, and were incredibly friendly. They also provide tools for personal growth and development.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you ran into a challenge with someone you were working with   View Answer
    They were comfortable talking about wage, and were up front about expectations

Product Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online – interviewed at PEMCO Insurance.

Phone interview-they basically go over my resume, asking for more details about the projects I did, then set up the face interview time
    face interview-interviewed by HR for 20 mins first, then interviewed by two product managers . They all look nice and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • not thing unexpected, they want specific examples. They also asked my R and SAS programming skills.   Answer Question

Product Analyst Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PEMCO Insurance in April 2012.

First interview is a phone interview. All the questions are behavioral questions. Mainly included the introduction about your past experience. Also they will ask the reason why you choose PEMCO.
    Second interview is on site. One HR and another hiring manger ask you questions. HR continue with the behavioral question and hiring manager ask technical questions include some concepts.

Interview Questions
    • Not so much difficult questions. All questions are easy.   Answer Question

Call Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PEMCO Insurance in January 2012.

Filled out a application online, and got a call back. Had an interview with hr manager and Call director manger. Both asked a list of questions ranging from the usually interview questions, with a few questions about why i wanted to work for pemco and how I take criticism. the HR rep went first while the other interview took notes, then they switched off roles.