PFC Energy

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at PFC Energy

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PFC Energy.

Email, Phone Interview, In-Person Interview. They were very unprepared and changed things up last minute. I found most of the staff to be very likeable but seemed that they had just made things up on the spot for the interview. All in all glad I went through the process, but was offended that they gave signals of an offer then declined later. This firm doesn't have a proper HR department so is very ill prepared and seems as if they are all new to their positions, even their managers. Also, seemed like there were people from top DC schools doing work they were not trained in, once again seeming like they need some real work on recruiting and finding top talent. In the end, got a better job and glad I didn't get into this place.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PFC Energy in June 2012.

Excel test + on site interview, then interview with managers

Interview Questions
    • How do you capture time series variance and cross sectional variance at the same time?   View Answer

Downstream Intern At Washington DC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PFC Energy in February 2012.

I applied through their webpage. It was necessary not only a resume and cover letter, but also a writing sample related to the industry (energy). Afterwards, I got a phone screening with a senior manager. The person was professional and sharp. Then, I got an invitation to have an in-person interview which comprised a behavioral/domain knowledge questions and a Excel demo. The senior manager gave me an Excel spreadsheet and I had to accomplish several tasks in 30 minutes. It was graphs with a specific layout, running some mid-level formulas, create a regression and create a macro. After the Excel exercise, I had a final Q&A with the senior manager.

Interview Questions
    • I did not expect to create a Visual Basic macro in Excel. This caught me by surprise because I was not prepare to do it.   Answer Question

Energy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PFC Energy in March 2010.

Professional but laid back. Wasn't made uncomfortable or nervous (perhaps because knew that job requirements were closely aligned with qualifications - it was also for an internship). Was persistent in terms of contacting them several times to ask about my file to show them my interest in the (paid) position. Was able to be very demanding in the interview(s). Initial email contact with the managers directly hiring and not through HR. Phone interview, personal interviews and skills tests.

Interview Questions
    • Specific questions about oil and gas companies - unexpected jargon.   Answer Question