PGAV Destinations

Relevance Date Difficulty

Director of Business Development and Research Interview

Director of Business Development and Research
Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at PGAV Destinations in April 2012.

Interview Details – I had been finishing up my two-year MBA program at the Kelley School of Business, and was looking to combine my undergraduate and real-world tourism experience with my marketing MBA. PGAV Destinations was currently working with a former employer of mine, and my past supervisor connected us. Over the next four months of courtship, monthly phone calls were held with the CEO of the firm, who also sent me extensive information about the company to guage if it was the correct fit.

All of this culminated in the firm flying me to St. Louis for an interview day in Spring 2012. The day involved a sit-down interview with the two principals of the company, an office tour where I was introduced to numerous staff members in the bright/open space, and lunch with the principals and a couple of the vice presidents of the firm - which resulted in a team interview.

Orientation involved very typical paperwork and handbook review. What was extremely unique though was that on my first day in the office I was led around and introduced personally face-to-face with every member in the office; and as the world's largest independent destination design firm, that was a long process but showed the true humanity of this large organization.

Interview Question – Why do we need a full-time communications and resarch person?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I received the offer in the early summer, and the principal was open to negotiations on numerous fronts regarding start date, compensation, title, and responsibilities. I accepted in June and began in August 2012. Throughout the entire process I was treated professionally, attentively, with sincere curiosity, and understandable caution - as I would be the company's first full-time marketing/communications hire. The leaders made absolutely sure that I would make a valuable asset to the team.

Architecture Intern Interview

Architecture Intern
Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PGAV Destinations in March 2011.

Interview Details – I met an employee at the career fair at my college. Soon after I was offered a 1:1 interview at their St. Louis office. The interviewer was intense and read off a list of previously selected questions that were seemingly irrelevant to the position for which I was interviewing. My perception was that the people who worked here were stressed out and held to a standard in which one would fear of making even a marginal mistake.

Interview Question – What is your favorite historical instance of a US struggle/problem that was eventually overcome?   Answer Question

Worked for PGAV Destinations? Contribute to the Community!