PGP

www.pgp.com

PGP Interview Questions

3.8

Project Manager Interview

Good Interview Process. Multiple phone interviews followed by a c ouple of onsite interviews.

Negotiable.

QA Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at PGP in June 2009.

Very structured interview with all leads and QA managers. technical interview with specific questions about Securtiy software and testing - data encryption etc. Questions on deployment and several specific technical questions

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at PGP in December 2008.

1:1 interviewers were not too positive about the company, work culture, seemed aloof.
    Recruiter was scatter brained and did not seem to add any value.

Recommendation to other candidates is to get clarity on the hiring process, steps, progress and feedback.

Interview Questions

Company lacks vision and seems to suffer from team-work.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PGP in September 2008.

Bascially your typical interview process. Phone screen, then was brought in for a panel interview (gauntlet-style), over 2 days. Was asked several technical questions about programming, C++, server-side work etc.

They had given me an offer, and I accepted, and signed in Oct. At the time, I was on H1-B visa, and the Company was ok sponsoring me for that. However, my green card process was active too, and a funny thing happened: in November, INS gave me my EAD. Not quite a green card, but a clear sign that I was close to getting the GC.

So I had to tell PGP of this new development, and see if they were ok sponsoring me for the GC too.

Interview Questions
    • Take the job, stay on H1-B, drop the green card, or...not.   View Answer

In the end, the hiring mgr gave me a choice: accept the offer, but drop the current GC (which meant it woulda been another year before I can even apply for the GC AGAIN!). Or, not accept the offer. So, I told him your choice is no choice, and I have to decline the offer after all.

Just goes to show, that one can still lose out, even after signing an offer sheet.