PGP

Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

Interviewed at PGP

Interview Details – Good Interview Process. Multiple phone interviews followed by a c ouple of onsite interviews.

Interview Question – Based on the IP Protocol.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiable.

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Palo Alto, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PGP in September 2008.

Interview Details – Bascially your typical interview process. Phone screen, then was brought in for a panel interview (gauntlet-style), over 2 days. Was asked several technical questions about programming, C++, server-side work etc.

They had given me an offer, and I accepted, and signed in Oct. At the time, I was on H1-B visa, and the Company was ok sponsoring me for that. However, my green card process was active too, and a funny thing happened: in November, INS gave me my EAD. Not quite a green card, but a clear sign that I was close to getting the GC.

So I had to tell PGP of this new development, and see if they were ok sponsoring me for the GC too.

Interview Question – Take the job, stay on H1-B, drop the green card, or...not.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – In the end, the hiring mgr gave me a choice: accept the offer, but drop the current GC (which meant it woulda been another year before I can even apply for the GC AGAIN!). Or, not accept the offer. So, I told him your choice is no choice, and I have to decline the offer after all.

Just goes to show, that one can still lose out, even after signing an offer sheet.

QA Manager Interview

Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at PGP in June 2009.

Interview Details – Very structured interview with all leads and QA managers. technical interview with specific questions about Securtiy software and testing - data encryption etc. Questions on deployment and several specific technical questions

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Director Interview

Menlo Park, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at PGP in December 2008.

Interview Details – 1:1 interviewers were not too positive about the company, work culture, seemed aloof.
Recruiter was scatter brained and did not seem to add any value.

Recommendation to other candidates is to get clarity on the hiring process, steps, progress and feedback.

Interview Question – Work life balance   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Company lacks vision and seems to suffer from team-work.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for PGP? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PGP interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by PGP employees and interview candidates.