PHD Media

Profile Unclaimed

PHD Media Interview Questions

2.5

Assistant Media Buyer Interview

HR reached out to me after I didn't receive offer from previous interview. Met with two of the department VPs. More of a conversation than an interview. I was asked a few casual questions, nothing tricky. Sent thank you emails an hour after. Received an offer the following day.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to get into the industry?   View Answer

Assistant Negotiator/Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PHD Media in May 2011.

I was first introduced to PHD by a mutual friend who is a producer there. Later on I tweeted the company and got a response, which led to a phone interview. After moving from Los Angeles to New York City, I had two more short phone conversations with an HR Coordinator before my interview. When I went to the interview I was under the impression that I was just meeting with HR, but I actually met with four members of the Media Buying team on the GlaxoSmithKline account. They were all very nice and the interview was very comfortable. They all described PHD as a great place to work with a family environment. It took roughly a week before I received my offer.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a high pressure situation and how you dealt with it.   View Answer

After speaking with several industry professionals, I decided that I wanted to go the planning/strategy route rather than the media buying route. I would still like to work for PHD at some point, but it was not the right position for me.

Associate Media Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PHD Media in October 2010.

First I was interviewed on the phone. This was fine although HR had no clue about the position. Then I came in for an interview and they scheduled me for the wrong day. However they re-arranged their schedules to meet with me. The interviews lasted almost 3 hours. Then I had to come back again. And someone was out sick so I had another interview via the phone. Overall a waste of time.

Associate Media Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PHD Media in November 2009.

The hiring process is tedious here. Depending on the individuals experience, it can range from 1-2 months to hire. Most often, a good candidate is lost when offers are not made sooner.

Interview Questions
    It was a long process and would not budge on salary. Instead was able to negotiate more time off than I actually needed!

Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took a weekinterviewed at PHD Media in July 2008.

I was contacted by the office assistant to schedule an in person interview after I had applied online. I first interviewed with the Media Director, then 2 Media Supervisors of the group that I was applying for. The director asked the most questions, which included my past experience, current expectations, etc. The rest seemed to more focus on fit and offered their take on their positions and answered my questions. Overall, the interview process went very smoothly and I got a call from HR in NY within a week with an offer.

relatively flexible

Assistant Strategist Interview

They conducted two phone interviews before inviting me to the San Francisco office. Everyone I talked to was very kind, professional, and expressed enthusiasm for the workplace. At the in-person interview, however, I was told that two members of the team were unable to speak with me despite having scheduled with me, so the interview ended one hour early. No one from HR followed up with me to reschedule.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of accounts would you be most interested in?   Answer Question