PHH Arval

Relevance Date Difficulty

Client Service Representative Interview

Client Service Representative
Hunt Valley, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PHH Arval.

Interview Details – Went very smoothly, was kept up to date with process and they moved fast.

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate, but should have b/c hard to negotiate when you move around the company. Most times they just want to move you with no salary increase.

Very Difficult Interview

Supervisor VMA Interview

Supervisor VMA
Sparks Glencoe, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PHH Arval in September 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process started with a 1/2 hour phone interview with the HR Recruiter. I was then I was invited into the office for 2nd interview with my prospective manager. I felt confident b/c at the end of the conversation he stated he wanted to bring me in for a 3rd interview. Well the 3rd interview was extremley lengthy and unexpected. It was literally 7 hours longs with 6 different interviews with 10 different people. At first I thought this was just going through the motions and that the job would be offered to me. Then I realized they bring everyone through this ringer if they are applying for a supervisor and above postion and make it to ther 3rd round. They seem to have inflated expectation for what a supervisor role is. I was applying for a call center supervisor postion but I felt I was interviewing for the CEO of the company. By the time I got to the VP and then the COO I was mentally drained. I knew I did not impress them. So it was not a shocker when a week later I received a form email thanking me for coming in and how they enjoyed meeting me but someone else better met the job requirements they were looking for. I just looked and saw the VMA supervisor postion is still open so I guess that was their nice way of stating I did not make the cut.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you failed. How will you gain the respect of your agents who were previous mechanics when you have never been a mechanic?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at PHH Arval in November 2012.

Interview Details – Worked through a temporary placement agency, they interviewed me to see where they would be placing me, then after a few weeks, I got a call that PHH Arval fleet would be interested in hiring me immediately. After I started working. Was a brief get to know you type session, overall it was a very pleasant experience .

Interview Question – Was basically just asked to describe myself, my strengths, and what I like. We discussed Six Sigma and what the job entails. It was overall a very easy and nonchalant interview, I believe because of the circumstances as there was a miscommunication between the staffing agency and PHH as to what my start date was.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Client Service Representative Interview

Client Service Representative
Sparks, MD

I applied online and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at PHH Arval.

Interview Details – First had a phone screen by HR dept with basic background questions about my qualifications. A week later I was called to set up an in person interview with three managers, one at a time. I got there and only one of the three managers was actually there in the office as it was on a Friday. Interview went well and I was shown around the building. (Good sign that things were going to go well for me) I was told that I would be called if they wanted me to come back to meet with either of the other two managers in Client Services. Two weeks went by without a word from HR. I finally called them and asked if they were going to decide either way. I was called back the next day and was asked to come in for another in person interview with another manager. I went in another week later and interviewed for about half an hour. I was told then I'd be contacted soon. A month went by and had no contact either way. I called HR and was told that the managers hadn't decided just yet and that they were going to meet with the managers in a few days to talk about the candidates. Another two weeks went by and I called again and was told that there were department changes being made and if I would mind coming in again for a third in person interview with a third manager. I went in and met with two more managers. The interview could not have gone better, I felt. I finally hoped that this was it. Another week went by and I was called by HR and was told that they felt I was too qualified for the CSR position and that they were going to be interviewing for a Supervisor job instead. I agreed and a few days later was contacted to come in for a two hour, four person interview for Supervisor. I feel the interview went well and I felt good after the process. The VP even joked that if they brought me in any more that they'd have to pay me.... Anyways, After 26 days of waiting for an answer again, I emailed the hiring manager to see if they had made a decision. A couple hours later, the HR manager called me to say "sorry" and that it was very competitive and that I didn't get the job. I don't know about anyone else, but this is the most unprofessional, unorganized interviewing process that I've ever been through and I wish I had some recourse for getting screwed so bad. Do not work for this classless organization. I understand that not everything works out, but what they put me through to finally say no, is absolute crap. Now I have no Supervisor job and no chance at the Rep job either. I would have been great with that too.

Interview Question – Tell me why I should hire you?   View Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at PHH Arval in August 2012.

Interview Details – I was hired through a recruiting firm, I had an initial interview with someone in HR. I then was called to the office to interview with my supervisor and following interviewed by her boss.

Interview Question – I came from a Finance job so the hardest question was "Do you mind not having as much exposure to finance as your previous job?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They told me the range was 45-55 and I believed I was worth at least 50k. Made that offer and they accepted.

Worked for PHH Arval? Contribute to the Community!