PIMCO Account Associate Interview Questions

3.8

Account Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at PIMCO in October 2014.

Interview

1st round phone interview. consist of resume overview and macro economy based questions. be prepared to asked to talk about whats going on in the world. then make sure you know what duration is.

2nd round 1hr phone interview. Very macro and technical based. talk about the economy, whats going on the in world? talk about every part of the world and give mean input and risk. What in convexity and securities that exhibit negative convexity.

Interview Questions

• talk about the economy, whats going on the in world? talk about every part of the world and give mean input and risk. What in convexity and   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PIMCO

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PIMCO (Newport Beach, CA).

Interview

Three words: prepare, prepare, prepare! If you do not have a background in fixed income, macroeconomics, capital markets, etc., then you have a lot of preparation required ahead of you. Although the firm has expanded its offerings into active equities and alternatives, the cornerstone and foundation upon which Bill Gross built the PIMCO empire is still Fixed Income! Make sure you ramp up (or brush up) on your grasp of the financial markets (from duration and convexity for bonds, to P/E ratios and multiples for equities).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

One-sided.

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at PIMCO (Newport Beach, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

This was a pretty basic interview where I was mainly asked questions about where I worked and some general market information. It was quite simple.

Interview Questions

• Question about the market, if inflation is increasing then what would governments do.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PIMCO (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

The process started with a gentleman from HR doing an phone interview with me. He was very polite and this was more of a phone call to guide me in the right direction as to how prepare for later interviews. After that, there was one more phone interview with an account associate followed by a super day. Interviews were very macroeconomics and economics and finance current events and outlook (fixed income) oriented.

Interview Questions

• If no one trusts the big 3 ratings agencies, and they are not accurate, how do you suggest we change this system?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The company is very stiff when it comes to negotiating, but on the other hand I was happy with their first offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PIMCO (Newport Beach, CA) in August 2008.

Interview

first round, meet and greet with a few technicals and a computer screening. if you dont know vlookup then dont apply. 2nd round meet with manager, more technicals, 3rd round - super day. meet with senior management, management, and associates. brutal technical round. come prepared to discuss macro view, and know fixed income math and concepts well