PIMCO

3.3

Account Analyst - Latin America Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PIMCO in October 2014.

Applied via Careers page, was contacted for a phone interview with a young analyst. Since the position was for a LatAm team, part of the interview was conducted in Spanish to make sure I was proficient.

Was contacted a week or so after and was invited to a Superday in NYC. Superday consisted of 6 interviews with two breaks. They booked a hotel, and also said they would reimburse my roundtrip train ticket and any meals within reason (however, I have yet to receive any form of reimbursement and it's been a few weeks) The majority of the interviews were conducted via video conference and mainly 2:1. Half of the interviews in Spanish, half in English. They also kept asking me if I spoke Portuguese even though it wasn't written on my resume. The overall feel of the company is that they're very dry, serious, and incredibly overworked/stressed due to Gross's departure. Heard the Friday after the Superday that I was not selected, and I am pretty relieved considering recent news.

Interviews were mainly behavioral, run through resume, but then a few were incredibly technical and asked for investment recommendations and I was even asked about mortgage-backed securities.

Interview Questions
    • Details about mortgage backed securities, investment recommendations, teamwork based questions and behavioral qs   Answer Question

Account Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at PIMCO in October 2014.

1st round phone interview. consist of resume overview and macro economy based questions. be prepared to asked to talk about whats going on in the world. then make sure you know what duration is.

2nd round 1hr phone interview. Very macro and technical based. talk about the economy, whats going on the in world? talk about every part of the world and give mean input and risk. What in convexity and securities that exhibit negative convexity.

Interview Questions
    • talk about the economy, whats going on the in world? talk about every part of the world and give mean input and risk. What in convexity and   Answer Question

Human Resources Recruiter Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PIMCO.

Interviewing process was very extensive, long interviews, you meet with several different members of HR team. Everyone is extremely nice and helpful. Fairly basic interview. I like that you got to meet with so many members of the department because it gave you a good idea of the different types of people you would be working with on a day to day basis.

Portfolio Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PIMCO in September 2014.

A recruiter called me the same day Mr. Bill Gross left the company, during the interview I waited for her to bring up the current situation about Mr. Gross leaving the company but she acted like nothing happened, when she asked me if I have any questions, one of the questions I asked was the situation about Bill leaving the company since it was in all major financial tv stations the same morning, she got offended and immediately ended the interview.
    I'm not sure if I should've been quiet for a big news like that and pretend like nothing happened?

Interview Questions
    • Nothing, she ended interview while she was trying to know more about me.   View Answer

Communications Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at PIMCO.

Started with a phone interview with HR. Next round included all day interview, including test on computer that lasted about 45 minutes. After test, met with 5 different members of the team for 30-45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the color red to a blind person?   View Answer

Compliance Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PIMCO.

I applied for a position online. Very soon after, like 2 days later, I received an email from a Human Resources manager. He asked about myself, mostly about my personality. He wanted to know about me and how I worked under difficult conditions and how I worked with a team and independently and which I preferred.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about the markets and correlations among different markets. Asked why I thought certain things.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

I applied online – interviewed at PIMCO in June 2014.

Apply online than got an email for phone interview about three days later.
    The email consist of different time slot for phone interview, and there are plenty options.
    The interview are simple and and the recruiter is very nice.

Compliance Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PIMCO.

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter to come into the office. The interview was scheduled for the entire morning. I met with about 8 different people in 30 minute mini-interviews in person (Newport Beach, CA) and via webconference (New York). At the end of the interview process, I sat down with the recruiter and discussed what I had learned about the company, if I felt it was the right fit, and the next steps in the process. She informed me I would be contacted within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • I think the most difficult thing was that they tried to pack all the interviews into one morning. I had essentially about 8 mini-interviews that lasted 30 minutes long each. I felt very rushed and really did not feel like it was adequate time for me to ask questions. It felt like what I imagine speed dating is like, but for a job.   Answer Question

Portfolio Management Intern Interview

The interview process was similar to that of other financial services companies. The first round was a phone interview with a Portfolio Management MD. After the first round, they contact you in regards to your standing for the final round. The final round is in Newport Beach, CA at their headquarters.

Interview Questions
    • Estimate the weight of a Boeing 747. What if it were a double decker plane?
      Where do you think there is the most opportunity for investment based on the current yield curve?

Answer Question

Account Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PIMCO.

2 Phone Interviews - Both focused on current economic outlook and fixed income in general. Very few personal questions.

Interview Questions
    • If your client wants to create a portfolio with 5% return and 5% volatility, which asset classes do you include in the portfolio and how do you allocate them   Answer Question