PIMCO

Updated Feb 23, 2015
Updated Feb 23, 2015

3.4

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at PIMCO.

This was a very extensive interview process It was about two hours long with two interviewers per 30 minute segments. First two, soley focused on your resume and ask about every position that you have held on your resume. The second two, focus on more situational questions to see how you handle stressful situations and the last two ask more global questions that are a blend of both experience and situational.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do when you are looking to move to another position within the company? How do you set yourself up for success?   View Answer

Account Analyst Interview

The interview was over the phone. It was relatively short and it started with the usual "walk me through your resume" question. Then we moved to markets related questions and the the interviewer was very helpful with providing her own views after each question. There was enough time for me to ask my interviewer questions about the firm at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • When I was asked whether I followed the markets I talked about the Fed and the ECB and I was also asked about oil and gas.   Answer Question

Portfolio Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PIMCO in January 2015.

The interview was through my university, and held on-campus. There were two interviewers, one an associate and one a VP. The associate said basically nothing, and the VP did all the talking. They introduced themselves then jumped right in with macro questions, which they really grilled me on, so if you are interviewing here make sure you did your research. As I was talking he kept asking me questions, to expand on what I just said etc. That was followed up with my recommendations for investments, as well as some brief questions about my work experience. There wasn't really any "fit" aspect or behavioral, just knowledge of current events and finance. I was pretty surprised, because for a first interview I at least expected them to ask me about my resume etc. before just jumping into the more technical side. The interviewers were overall pleasant but not very engaging.

Interview Questions
    • What were the three main economic themes for 2014, and how do they affect your outlook for 2015?   Answer Question
    • What are your long and short equity positions and what is your fixed income recommendation?   Answer Question

Account Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PIMCO in January 2015.

Applied online, received an email in 3 - 4 weeks for a phone interview. Pretty tough interview, asked me alot about macro policies and foreign affairs. The interviewer was very polite and friendly, but the difficult questions made it tough to create a dialogue. Not really any behavioral questions all technical.

Account Analyst - Latin America Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PIMCO in October 2014.

Applied via Careers page, was contacted for a phone interview with a young analyst. Since the position was for a LatAm team, part of the interview was conducted in Spanish to make sure I was proficient.

Was contacted a week or so after and was invited to a Superday in NYC. Superday consisted of 6 interviews with two breaks. They booked a hotel, and also said they would reimburse my roundtrip train ticket and any meals within reason (however, I have yet to receive any form of reimbursement and it's been a few weeks) The majority of the interviews were conducted via video conference and mainly 2:1. Half of the interviews in Spanish, half in English. They also kept asking me if I spoke Portuguese even though it wasn't written on my resume. The overall feel of the company is that they're very dry, serious, and incredibly overworked/stressed due to Gross's departure. Heard the Friday after the Superday that I was not selected, and I am pretty relieved considering recent news.

Interviews were mainly behavioral, run through resume, but then a few were incredibly technical and asked for investment recommendations and I was even asked about mortgage-backed securities.

Interview Questions
    • Details about mortgage backed securities, investment recommendations, teamwork based questions and behavioral qs   Answer Question

Account Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at PIMCO in October 2014.

1st round phone interview. consist of resume overview and macro economy based questions. be prepared to asked to talk about whats going on in the world. then make sure you know what duration is.

2nd round 1hr phone interview. Very macro and technical based. talk about the economy, whats going on the in world? talk about every part of the world and give mean input and risk. What in convexity and securities that exhibit negative convexity.

Interview Questions
    • talk about the economy, whats going on the in world? talk about every part of the world and give mean input and risk. What in convexity and   Answer Question

Human Resources Recruiter Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PIMCO.

Interviewing process was very extensive, long interviews, you meet with several different members of HR team. Everyone is extremely nice and helpful. Fairly basic interview. I like that you got to meet with so many members of the department because it gave you a good idea of the different types of people you would be working with on a day to day basis.

Portfolio Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PIMCO in September 2014.

A recruiter called me the same day Mr. Bill Gross left the company, during the interview I waited for her to bring up the current situation about Mr. Gross leaving the company but she acted like nothing happened, when she asked me if I have any questions, one of the questions I asked was the situation about Bill leaving the company since it was in all major financial tv stations the same morning, she got offended and immediately ended the interview.
    I'm not sure if I should've been quiet for a big news like that and pretend like nothing happened?

Interview Questions
    • Nothing, she ended interview while she was trying to know more about me.   View Answer

Communications Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at PIMCO.

Started with a phone interview with HR. Next round included all day interview, including test on computer that lasted about 45 minutes. After test, met with 5 different members of the team for 30-45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the color red to a blind person?   View Answer

Compliance Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PIMCO.

I applied for a position online. Very soon after, like 2 days later, I received an email from a Human Resources manager. He asked about myself, mostly about my personality. He wanted to know about me and how I worked under difficult conditions and how I worked with a team and independently and which I preferred.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about the markets and correlations among different markets. Asked why I thought certain things.   Answer Question