PIMCO Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2015

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PIMCO (New York, NY).

Interview

Met with four Admin Supervisors. Spoke about my previous experiences, work scenarios and why I wanted to work for PIMCO. I felt it was a good experience overall, especially since I had been out of the industry for quite some time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PIMCO (Newport Beach, CA).

Interview

1) panel interview with one manager and one assistant who looked as unprofessional as McD workers, asked a bunch of silly question that they thought were tricky. 2) interview with a senior manager who was easy going and only cared about my education and credentials (the way it should be)

Interview Questions

• They really emphasized the size of the company and the corporate environment.   1 Answer

Communications Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PIMCO.

Interview

It was a very thorough and professional experience. Intensity was high but not uncomfortable. Interviews kept to schedule and moved fluidly. Each person had something different they were focused on

Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PIMCO (Newport Beach, CA).

Interview

The interview consisted of telephone interviews with 3 employees over a course of two days. A week later, I then met with about ten to twelve employees to conduct face-to-face, onsite interviews. The interview was for a Compliance Analyst position, for which I took an Excel examination, and answered questions about interest rates.

Interview Questions

• What skills in my previous role could be transferred into this role?   Answer Question

N/A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PIMCO (Newport Beach, CA).

Interview

Interview process was extremely lengthy with 3 video conference interviews, a full day of 8, in person interviews in the California office, followed by another video conference interview. It seemed a bit excessive. The interviewers were overall friendly, but repeatedly described their culture as "intense". It was almost like they were trying to prove something since they are a west coast firm playing in an east coast financial services world. Coming from an east coast financial firm, the emphasis on the "intensity" seemed really strange to me. I declined the job due to an extremely low salary, considering the high cost of living in the area. They could do some better compensation research to ensure their offer is competitive in the marketplace.

Interview Questions

• Included basic behavioral questions, they asked about my strategic vision for the role, etc. Most interviews were conversational. A few financial questions and questions that tested knowledge of the firm.   Answer Question

Client Marketing Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at PIMCO (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

About half an hour phone interview, questions were largely on macroeconomic concepts and to check that I was up to date with current affairs (oil price, Greece etc.) Got invited to a final round interview in New York, which was two one on one interviews that were between half an hour and an hour each. These were 100% behavioral/fit based (nothing technical at all) Both on the phone an in person, the people were really friendly!

Interview Questions

• Phone Screen: Why do you think inflation is currently negative? In person: What is the most ambitious thing you have tried to do?   2 Answers

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at PIMCO.

Interview

This was a very extensive interview process It was about two hours long with two interviewers per 30 minute segments. First two, soley focused on your resume and ask about every position that you have held on your resume. The second two, focus on more situational questions to see how you handle stressful situations and the last two ask more global questions that are a blend of both experience and situational.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you are looking to move to another position within the company? How do you set yourself up for success?   1 Answer

Account Analyst Interview

Interview

The interview was over the phone. It was relatively short and it started with the usual "walk me through your resume" question. Then we moved to markets related questions and the the interviewer was very helpful with providing her own views after each question. There was enough time for me to ask my interviewer questions about the firm at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• When I was asked whether I followed the markets I talked about the Fed and the ECB and I was also asked about oil and gas.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PIMCO in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was through my university, and held on-campus. There were two interviewers, one an associate and one a VP. The associate said basically nothing, and the VP did all the talking. They introduced themselves then jumped right in with macro questions, which they really grilled me on, so if you are interviewing here make sure you did your research. As I was talking he kept asking me questions, to expand on what I just said etc. That was followed up with my recommendations for investments, as well as some brief questions about my work experience. There wasn't really any "fit" aspect or behavioral, just knowledge of current events and finance. I was pretty surprised, because for a first interview I at least expected them to ask me about my resume etc. before just jumping into the more technical side. The interviewers were overall pleasant but not very engaging.

Interview Questions

• What were the three main economic themes for 2014, and how do they affect your outlook for 2015?   Answer Question
    • What are your long and short equity positions and what is your fixed income recommendation?   Answer Question

Summer Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at PIMCO (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

On campus interview. Interviewers are friendly. Not a high stress interview. First walk through the resume and ask some behavioral questions, such as why do you want to do investment? why do you choose PIMCO. Then they ask some technical questions, such as describe the current market, why do you want to choose bond rather than stock as your investment.