PJM Interconnection

Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineer, Transmission Planning Interview

Engineer, Transmission Planning
Norristown, PA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at PJM Interconnection.

Interview Details – The interview process was not very difficult. A casual conversation with the supervisor and current interns. Was highly recommended by other peers and interns. Meeting current interns and getting their feedback was a huge plus as it made the decision easier to accept the job.

Interview Question – What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. Pre-determined hourly rates as per university/company agreement

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at PJM Interconnection.

Interview Details – I was just brought in for one interview. It was a round table that involved HR, hiring manager and some others from the department hiring. They each take turns asking you questions. They are pretty much standard questions they ask everyone. They ask in a format that forces you to provide examples of different situations from your past. Each situation revolves around a different competency. For example, you may be asked to tell about a time you had to work with a difficult person and the tell what you did, what was the outcome, what did you learn and then an example of how you used those learnings in another example.
Usually there will be some tech/job specific questions at the end which end up being so refreshing.

Interview Question – Very difficult to be asked to think of so many different situations in such detail from your past on the spot.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They allowed me to negotiate a little.

Very Easy Interview

Executive Administrator Interview

Executive Administrator

I applied online - interviewed at PJM Interconnection in March 2014.

Interview Details – Had phone screen and two interviews. Interviewers were very vague explaining what position entailed. Did not ask about my background/experience - were more concerned with asking behavioral type questions. Seemed taken aback when I asked about corporate culture and why someone would enjoy working there. Reply was good benefits, lots of employee surveys and employee committees.

Everyone I spoke with was very guarded - even somewhat robotic - not warm or personable at all. Work areas very dark and sterile.

Received an obvious template email telling me my qualifications weren't a match - my name was in all caps, but the rest of the email wasn't. I replied back to HR recruiter asking to elaborate on how I didn't match as this would help me with my job search, but my request was ignored.

This may be a highly rated company, but it was a very strange experience!

Interview Question – Behavioral questions that seemed odd for someone with my experience - such as what would I do if I didn't understand an assignment . . . how would I handle someone insisting on seeing my manager.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous
Norristown, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PJM Interconnection in February 2014.

Interview Details – I underwent the usual phone screen interview process followed by onsite interview. The method used was behavioral. It was easy, ok. Interviewer was nice.. Weak handshake.

During the phone screen process, the recruiter asked me a question which I think was illegal and discriminating.

ARC Program Interview

ARC Program

I applied online and interviewed at PJM Interconnection.

Interview Details – Got called in for an interview

Interview Question – Behavioural Question.....seemed like they had already made up there mind as to who they want!   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Norristown, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at PJM Interconnection in May 2008.

Interview Details – It takes several months. They are very thorough. It helps if you know someone in the company so they know your work ethic. I like how they call and let you know if you'll be asked to come in for an interview.

Interview Question – The questions were straight forward. I knew a lot about the company and the business, so nothing was difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. You took what they offered or you declined the offer.

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PJM Interconnection.

Interview Details – Very straight forward. They don't rate you on technical experience when interviewing as a fresher. They are looking for some one who will fit well in a team environment.

the interview process itself is lengthy.

you apply, wait for a month, hear back from the HR who schedule an interview 2-3 weeks into the future, you interview (typically 1-2 hours)

wait another 2 weeks to hear back.

they do not negotiate well about salary.

what they offer is pretty much what you will get ( except for those rare candidates they hire)

Interview Question – Most of the questions are directed towards past experience. Be prepared to give them examples about how to tackled certain tough situations in the past.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – cannot negotiate much about the salary. they pay industry standards. not the best but still decent.

IT Analyst Interview

IT Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PJM Interconnection in July 2009.

Interview Details – The phone screening was typical, the questions asked were related to my background and resume. The group interview was a little disconcerting. I had to answer a series of questions explaining my experiences at other employers. It was a lengthy interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you worked with a difficult person, what did you do about it?   Answer Question
  • Describe your weakness and what challenges you face to overcome it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated for more money and the HR department was quick to get back to me.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for PJM Interconnection? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PJM Interconnection interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by PJM Interconnection employees and interview candidates.